Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine

12 Nov 2013, 21:41 PM

Anyone got any idea when that doctrine will be available?
13 Nov 2013, 17:17 PM

Anyone else been using this? I think it is awesome. Some parachute hunters would of been nice but I think it a nice compliment with all the off map.

Nothing like the panic of a russian player scrambling to move his units when they hear the stuka diving lol

14 Nov 2013, 09:29 AM

I have used it in a 3v3 and it seemed to be very well balanced. I guess it's only useful in 3v3 and 4v4 games, well maybe even in 2v2 but it's not very well suited for 1v1 I guess.

The Elitetroops and Soviet Industry commanders might be fucked up, but this one is a ton of fun to use! :D
14 Nov 2013, 12:33 PM
Donator 22

Elite troops and Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine is an hard combination imo. You are getting free/additional muni+health, with an tiger ace on the battlefield. And for 100MP (not sure?!) approximately 200 munition...
14 Nov 2013, 18:01 PM

200 mp for 150 muni or fuel I think (5 drops of 30 each)
14 Nov 2013, 19:09 PM

that resource drop only works on fuel and muni point?? i mean.. fuel cache or muni cache doesnt work?
14 Nov 2013, 19:17 PM

How is this commander? It looks like it is designed to seriously enhance someone's vanilla coh2 player with the MP to fuel/muni option plus give them a triple incendiary barrage.

What CP does the stuka bomb and the incendiary barrage come in at?
14 Nov 2013, 19:39 PM

200 mp for 150 muni or fuel I think (5 drops of 30 each)

youre right about mp and munitions, but if you call it on a fuel point its only 50 fuel (10 per drop).

that resource drop only works on fuel and muni point?? i mean.. fuel cache or muni cache doesnt work?

no, caches do not work
14 Nov 2013, 19:46 PM

It's cool, it's clearly designed as a support commander and best used in team games. The stuka bomb comes at 5cp if I remember correctly.

Supplies can only be dropped on the designated resource points, ammo and fuel. You'll need to send a squad to collect the supply drops.

Once you call in the supply drop, the chosen ammo or fuel point gets highlighted in green color on the minimap. The ammo or fuel will be dropped in 5 overflights by Ju52 planes and in batches of 30 ammo/ 10 fuel per drop.

The first time I used the medical supllies drop on a teammate, he instantly retreated because he thought it's enemy offmap (green smoke flare indicating the dropzone)^_^

It honestly feels like some sort of UNHCR Commander :)

14 Nov 2013, 20:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

It is a brave commander who uses this on a blizzard map.:D
14 Nov 2013, 20:42 PM

It is a brave commander who uses this on a blizzard map.:D

So billzards affect supply drops as well :D
8 Dec 2013, 09:15 AM

Ive been wondering about this commander, and I just dont see how its worth it.

Every time you need healing you need to spend munis for drops, I mean I guess it works well with a half track or bunker to reinforce from and gain bonus from medic supplys.. which is more important in team games (having long retreat distances).

But the supply drop ability, I dont understand the merit in spending 200 MP every single time you need a drop.. surley it is more cost effective to build caches, for the same price, that will give you steady income for the rest of the game.

On top of that, you have to have infantry around to pick it up, which is time wasted of a squad and a little micro.. and to boot they can be stolen which ive seen happen several times.

I suppose the main advantage is to get muni drops and spam the off maps.
8 Dec 2013, 14:18 PM

The medic drop is very good.
It heals in a huge radius for one third of infantry health and gives a stacking (with itself and other effects) 17% buff to armor and accuracy (for infantry) or armor + damage (at gun + mortar).
With a little experience, you can drop them pretty far behind you (e.g. on a mortar) and do in-combat healing and buffing from out of the enemy's range. You can either spread the pick-ups for maximum healing efficiency and a weaker but longer duration buff or you can pick up several at once for a bigger buff effect.

The supply drop is heavily dependant on the map and game type. It feels like the munitions drop is more powerful because it allows you to purchase many munitions goodies like Panzerschrecks and Tellermines when you would normally have to balance your munitions spending very carefully as Ostheer.
For the price of one cache, you can get the same amount of munitions one cache would produce in 30 minutes or the amount of fuel a cache would produce in 16 min 40 sec. So it is mainly worth it for munitions and because the caches work for everyone in a team match, you will want to use this mainly for small games.

About them being stolen... well, the medikits can be dropped out of the enemy's range and picked up by a rear supporting unit like a mortar or an AT gun to heal and buff the front line infantry. Of course the supply drops can be stolen as well but if the resource point is behind your lines, it is pretty safe. Of course this depends on the map.

One thing they did right about this commander is binding the resource income from supply drops to several conditions like 2 CP, making stealing possible and requiring a point that can be assaulted by the enemy. In that respect it is designed much better than Soviet Industry.
8 Dec 2013, 19:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think this commander suits very well on a 2v2 sceneario. As they´ve already said, to get the same income from a cache you need to wait 30-16mins/amount of players. For muni that´s a lot and for fuel quite considerable.

I´m wondering at average how much time it takes to get 2CP in a 2v2. IRC the drops works for 1 or 2 mins. I could see it used for some quick Ostwind/P4 if timed well. Basically some T1-T3 play.
9 Dec 2013, 09:03 AM

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me.

Yeah it can certainly be used to get a fast tank, then maybe back teck to T2 and play mostly infantry with lots of munis.

How large is the medic heal radius?
9 Dec 2013, 12:41 PM

How large is the medic heal radius?

25. To compare it: Panzergrenadier SMGs have 30 range and their bundle grenades 20 range.
It maybe doesn't sound like much but it is often around where you will want your Pak in a engagement.
9 Dec 2013, 13:44 PM

The buff stacks as well, meaning that conscripts can get unlucky rolls vs them and be cut down in seconds if you pick up multiple
9 Dec 2013, 13:54 PM

Yeah, you can spread the three packets however you like.
You can spread them out for their healing (27, will normally top off damaged soldiers well) and get 3 times +17% armor&accuracy for 30 seconds.
Or you can stack them for +51% damage for 30 seconds but lose a lot of the healing effect to overheal.
It is really quite good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS