Login

russian armor

Urban assault company is insanely broken

3 Mar 2020, 09:28 AM

The new ability cover to cover which enables sprinting elite zook ranger blobs and the calliope together in this doctrine is absolute cancer and negates combined arms entirely.

The biggest problem with this doctrine is cover to cover, I dont know why this ability was created when the balance community is actively trying to reduce the number of commander abilitys that enable sprinting locust swarms of shocks/falls etc just rollingg over everything, sprint was removed from pf's for the same reason when they got the option for the shreck upgrade in the last update.

It ads nothing that the offmap smoke from heavy cav wouldnt give to the doctrine but instead brings a new level of cheese to coh2 and is a step backwards for balance and combined arms in a similar manner to the heroic charge brit blobs of coh1 *shudder*

A 3 squad blob of zook rangers with a potential 900 damage alpha strike is problematic but cover to cover makes it insanely overpowered as it allows you to negate any attempt at kiting the blob with your tanks and then the calliope in conjunction with its insanely fast firing to impact time and shit load of rockets negates even active infantry positioning and deletes support weapons with precision unlike any other arty piece and gives the axis player no hope for timing a retreat like you can when under katyusha barrage fire, effectively allowing the usf player to just steamroll any position and army composition with this lame ability and those 2 units while negating any tactics that would render any other infantry blob ineffective.

I propose swapping cover to cover with the off map smoke from heavy cav or limiting the sprinting to one squad or the sprinting stops when they are in combat like any other assault ability in the game(besides the british assault operation because there special for some reason)

For the calliOP a increase to the time to impact of the rockets as well as a louder firing noise as its currently really quiet for such a devastating barrage.

I have a recent replay of the cancer combo at work to highlight its absurd effectiveness but I don't know how to attach the file ?
3 Mar 2020, 09:36 AM

3 squads of zook rangers? Thats like 30 pop and 450 munitions. One does not simply get and maintain 3 zook ranger squads.

Anyway, you can upload replays here: https://www.coh2.org/replay
Then put the link in the OP.
MMX
3 Mar 2020, 10:05 AM

funny you're not complaining about RE riflenades, which is IMHO the only really cheesy ability in this commander. both calliope and cover 2 cover are fine, though i do agree the latter could receive the no-sprint-when-in-combat treatment that ftml and va got recently. still, 3 rangers w/ triple zooks is a crapton of resources as already pointed out above...
3 Mar 2020, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 10:05 AMMMX
funny you're not complaining about RE riflenades, which is IMHO the only really cheesy ability in this commander. both calliope and cover 2 cover are fine, though i do agree the latter could receive the no-sprint-when-in-combat treatment that ftml and va got recently. still, 3 rangers w/ triple zooks is a crapton of resources as already pointed out above...

Isn't the whole purpose of cover to cover to rapidly move a squad in combat to - well - one piece of cover from the next?

I would rather just decrease the area of effect, maybe, if I were to touch it at all.

I still think RE rifle grenades are poorly implemented.

Calliope is fine and if one faces 3 triple bazooka rangers it sounds like there's other issues going on.
3 Mar 2020, 23:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 10:05 AMMMX

I don't see a problem with riflenades, they aren't hard to dodge, if they didn't have a timer that would probably push them into op territory

Isn't the whole purpose of cover to cover to rapidly move a squad in combat to - well - one piece of cover from the next?

I would rather just decrease the area of effect, maybe, if I were to touch it at all.

I still think RE rifle grenades are poorly implemented.

Calliope is fine and if one faces 3 triple bazooka rangers it sounds like there's other issues going on.

Point is, no one is using it to go "cover to cover", for full fat cheese its dropped behind the lines where you cant see it as the aoe is the size of the screen, absolutely huge, so the first thing you the opposing player will see is sprinting rangers coming to one volley your tanks.
4 Mar 2020, 04:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 23:53 PMGGnore

Point is, no one is using it to go "cover to cover", for full fat cheese its dropped behind the lines where you cant see it as the aoe is the size of the screen, absolutely huge, so the first thing you the opposing player will see is sprinting rangers coming to one volley your tanks.

Precisely. Reducing the area of effect would help make this ability more like it should be imo. Depending on the new size, it may need a cost reduction though.
MMX
4 Mar 2020, 06:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2020, 23:53 PMGGnore

I don't see a problem with riflenades, they aren't hard to dodge, if they didn't have a timer that would probably push them into op territory

well it's not that RE riflenades are particularly hard to dodge, but more that you have to do so manually while your opponent doesn't need any input, besides maybe moving their squad into cover. that disparaty in micro tax is what makes the ability 'cheesy' in a way, even though it is not really op
4 Mar 2020, 10:15 AM

Same can be done with OST lighting war panzerschreck blobs of Pgrens + tactical movement for cheaper cost
4 Mar 2020, 18:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2020, 06:14 AMMMX

well it's not that RE riflenades are particularly hard to dodge, but more that you have to do so manually while your opponent doesn't need any input, besides maybe moving their squad into cover. that disparaty in micro tax is what makes the ability 'cheesy' in a way, even though it is not really op

+1
5 Mar 2020, 06:19 AM

The ability could be made to unlock a free rifle nade ability with a 4-5s cooldown. That way both players would have to micro around the rifle nade.

This would also fix REs just walking up to enemy squads at close range.
5 Mar 2020, 06:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2020, 10:15 AMJilet
Same can be done with OST lighting war panzerschreck blobs of Pgrens + tactical movement for cheaper cost

Yup. And it comes with the tiger which is even better than the caliope
5 Mar 2020, 08:33 AM

I still dont think they cause problems, them having 0 scatter means you will never dodge into the path of the grenade like mortars and their low aoe means a near hit doesn't damage, unlike the pak howie that reduces a full health squad to 20% hp on a miss and causes you to be constantly retreating your extremely low hp but full model squads to avoid getting instawiped on the next shell or killed by a combat engineer squad lol, that is a unit that causes a huuuge micro disparity and needs changes.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2020, 10:15 AMJilet

True but they have smaller squads so easier to wipe, no instasmoke just sprint so you actually have to be careful where your blob is sprinting and the werfer takes the longest time of any rocket arty to impact so you can stop the blob with mgs.

Yup. And it comes with the tiger which is even better than the caliope

The problem is the combination of all 3 abilitys/units

High model squads with ridiculous potential alpha strike so, 3 squads of 5 man rangers/900 damage and sprint and smoke combined with the fastest most lethal tanky rocket armour in the game for support to knock out any infantry/mg support trying to contain the blob just counters anything and everything

vs

3 squads of 4 men pgrens with 720 alpha, with sprint that will get shutdown by overlapping mg's since there is no smoke and callioped to death on retreat and if you try and dive their arty with a tank or a tiger it will be dead by the time it takes to fire the 3 shots it takes to kill one calliope by the rangers or a jackson.

There is a reason the top us players in teamgames are running this strat because its brutally simple and effective and has no hard counters.

5 Mar 2020, 11:03 AM

The ability could be made to unlock a free rifle nade ability with a 4-5s cooldown. That way both players would have to micro around the rifle nade.

This would also fix REs just walking up to enemy squads at close range.

+1
This idea deserves its own separate thread imo.
6 Mar 2020, 06:45 AM

3 bazooka ranger and cover to cover is fine

RE rifle grenade is broken
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment