Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
12 Nov 2013, 02:53 AM

From the COH2 official forums:
"The unit can be deployed once per game at no resource cost
Once deployed, all resource income stops. This will persist regardless of whether or not the unit is killed.
The strength of the unit is similar to 2 tigers and has additional weapon range and sight.

We will be talking about this unit and the tree its in more during the broadcast on Tuesday." - Stefan Haines

Link

Edit: For this occasion, I have added an image to my signature to represent how most soviets will feel upon seeing this new unit.
12 Nov 2013, 03:04 AM

It looks like the ultimate come-back unit. 2 Free tigers. The lack of income is much less important if it's called in during low-VP situations. Or just save 500mp or so for reinforcing infantry before calling the Ace in. I think this unit will be extremely difficult to balance if it remains free.
12 Nov 2013, 03:08 AM

Wow, that's even more extreme than the king tiger's manpower drain on call in.

BTW, it's not 2 tigers, it's a single tiger with the power of 2. So probably a big chunk more HP, more armor, higher RoF, more accuracy and range.

And you know what, even if it's a balance nightmare, I really like the crazy direction these are going in.

Let's hope they tested this one more.
12 Nov 2013, 03:38 AM

If that includes Manpower income that's a really big interesting tradeoff. I mean, seriously, if you get a Vet 3 Tiger but then can't reinforce any of your squads that's going to really be something the Soviets can actually work with.
12 Nov 2013, 03:40 AM

Buying this unit is an all-out, do or die move. Then Base rush..
12 Nov 2013, 04:20 AM

I just hope it has that it has a super high pop cap so that it cant be used when the german player already has a sizable force. It should really be a high risk unit rather then an I win button for a german player who is slightly in the lead.
12 Nov 2013, 04:50 AM

massive pay 2 win... hey I'm losing this game.. maybe If I get a massive op tiger on the field.
12 Nov 2013, 06:16 AM
Patrion 14

AT Nade
RAM the Tiger
Let the Tiger alone
Kill all the german infantry
O ressource income
Win ^_^
12 Nov 2013, 06:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge

massive pay 2 win... hey I'm losing this game.. maybe If I get a massive op tiger on the field.

I disagree with this comment but I can't speak further. ;)
12 Nov 2013, 07:11 AM
Donator 22

can't wait to use the new commander :) but its a kind of risky.
As link0 said: "Or just save 500mp or so for reinforcing infantry before calling the Ace in"
12 Nov 2013, 07:20 AM

AT Nade
RAM the Tiger
Let the Tiger alone
Kill all the german infantry
O ressource income
Win ^_^

OMG, try play Soviets. AT Nade and RAM are dont effective against heavy tanks. I lost many T34 trying this.
In 3v3 and 4v4 Tiger Ace sound too strong.
12 Nov 2013, 08:14 AM

I wouldn't automatically call it OP, because getting no more resources never ever ever seems quite a penalty to me
12 Nov 2013, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 08:14 AMLutzow

I wouldn't automatically call it OP, because getting no more resources never ever ever seems quite a penalty to me

The problem is when you call in the Ace right before you do an all out, all or nothing attack. Who cares about income when you just completely wipe out their army. A tank with the power of 2 Tigers is insane, with zero upfront cost.
12 Nov 2013, 08:41 AM

Yep. I am pretty sure it will be an all in attack everytime that Tiger tank is called in.

In Age of Empires 3 there was an option to revolt, where all your villagers would be turned into soldiers and you could no longer make any more villagers. Basically you generally had 4-5 minutes to win the game or your military advantage would be overwhelmed by your opponents economic strength. I don't feel this suits the CoH playstyle correctly but we shall see.

I hate to see great 30+ minute games being decided by an Ostheer players choice to go all-in, but I have to try it first I guess. There will be base rape intentions almost everytime though I believe.
12 Nov 2013, 09:00 AM

So he has an unkillable Tiger?

Right, if I just kill his infantry and I have the majority of the VPs...make my day!
12 Nov 2013, 09:20 AM
Donator 33

This will be Ragnarock! :lol:

I'm pretty impressed with people keeping their cool, saying "We'll have to try it first". In all honesty, this seems pants-on-head retardedly difficult to balance.
12 Nov 2013, 09:37 AM
Benefactor 115

just sink it with a molotov...
12 Nov 2013, 09:38 AM

How many CPs is it?

Can't really tell what the effect will be. Tiger Ace along with Elephant and few vet infantrys doesn't sound like ideal situation.

12 Nov 2013, 09:43 AM

Immobilize and let him stay where it is ^^
12 Nov 2013, 09:45 AM
Honorary Member Badge

i see 2 uses for this the ultimate finishing move, for when you want to humiliate your opponent. last minute save in its current state unless they change it so you can eventually start getting resources again.

from the data it seems to fill the same role as a king tiger.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS