Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
25 Nov 2013, 23:18 PM

Has anyone tried the 203 howitzer at mode? i know it does little over 1/2 health to a normal tiger frontal armor
25 Nov 2013, 23:45 PM

Am I the only one who actually enjoys playing against/with the Ace? :crazy:
26 Nov 2013, 06:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2013, 23:18 PMkf7msj
Has anyone tried the 203 howitzer at mode? i know it does little over 1/2 health to a normal tiger frontal armor

just did a small experimenting 2 shots with a 203mm direct fire will take it down to 5% health ish only 360 munitions and have a field gun come in and finish it off
26 Nov 2013, 08:06 AM

To make the Tiger Ace work, here goes

1. AI must be severely reduced. So it goes around acting like a KT
2. As such, the tiger ace isn't as strong anymore as infantry based units can now take it down. So resources will be cancelled for 5 minutes.
26 Nov 2013, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2013, 08:06 AMhubewa
To make the Tiger Ace work, here goes

1. AI must be severely reduced. So it goes around acting like a KT
2. As such, the tiger ace isn't as strong anymore as infantry based units can now take it down. So resources will be cancelled for 5 minutes.

Free Tiger Ace for only 5 min without resources??

No way, man.
12 Feb 2014, 12:35 PM

Tigerace op?

No way in 1v1

Why -

Decapping doesnt work... you get outcapped in 1v1
No manpower - even backtech to T1 for snipers (plural)
Ignore the tigerace and drain manpower - capcapcap
Mine got rammed today from the side... couldnt move and main gun damaged.. wow is this thing OP

2v2 in some constellations Tigerace is a gamechanger... except ramming and arty
12 Feb 2014, 13:43 PM

Tigerace op?

No way in 1v1

Why -

Decapping doesnt work... you get outcapped in 1v1
No manpower - even backtech to T1 for snipers (plural)
Ignore the tigerace and drain manpower - capcapcap
Mine got rammed today from the side... couldnt move and main gun damaged.. wow is this thing OP

2v2 in some constellations Tigerace is a gamechanger... except ramming and arty

Not sure why you are trying to defend TA in a dead thread.
We all know it will be nerf butchered.
12 Feb 2014, 13:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 13:43 PMKatitof

Not sure why you are trying to defend TA in a dead thread.
We all know it will be nerf butchered.

atleast hes stays on topic. :D
12 Feb 2014, 15:36 PM

As far as the new Tiger Ace goes, I see good players keeping a 800 manpower float, and using the Ace to spearhead an attack.

However, instead of withdrawing their normal tiger, they will push harder and until the Ace gets killed.

So in this way, the resource penalty is minimized. So the update is not necessarily a 'nerf' .

This Ace reminds me of the Tiger tanks from the Blitzkreig and Terror doctrines from VCOH. Although different, they costed only manpower to call in.
Neo
12 Feb 2014, 15:39 PM

Reposting this here since the other thread was closed due to people flaming each other:

OK, before I say what I'm going to say, I broadly welcome 95% of the changes in this patch, if the leaked notes are accurate.

HOWEVER

If the leaked patch notes are correct, this is going to be a Tiger Ace buff.

Yes, I know damage and HPs got halved. However, the unit now becomes a Turbo Ace (better acceleration, deceleration and top speed) with Kamikaze potential.

Sounds like I'm exaggerating? Read on:

Facts:

1. German player loses 25% of MP and 90% of Fuel income: "oh noes" I hear Stoffa say.
2. German player gets back his income the moment the Turbo Ace dies.

Conclusion:

The German player is punished for every moment the Turbo Ace is on the field, while the Soviet player is punished for killing the Turbo Ace. This was not the case previously when the German player was punished for calling the TA in, and the Soviet player was rewarded for killing it.

Result:

Any German with any sense at all will use the Turbo Ace as a Kamikaze unit to destroy Soviet armor without spending any fuel himself. If you can call in the Turbo Ace for 800 manpower + a few minutes' MP and fuel loss and suicide it by killing 2-3 enemy SU85s or 1 heavy tank, it's already paid off massively. You still have the fuel you've been accumulating all game (or the tanks you built with it), whereas the Soviet player just lost 200-300 fuel and the same amount of manpower as you did. The Soviet player will never recover from that whereas your Panzer and/or Panther army is now free to steamtrollololol the hapless Soviet peasants back to Siberia. GG.

Oh, and you don't need 16 CPs to call it in anymore either + just in case you're struggling to destroy those pesky SU85s, why not Target Weak Point while you're laughing yourself to tears?

Discuss.
12 Feb 2014, 15:45 PM

A)Wait till you see the new Ace first before going qq.
B)Don't write biased stories that don't tell the whole story (the Ace will supposedly cost 800MP now, which is a huge change and is totally unmentioned by you).

Also, as I told you before, stop playing only Soviets. If you want to have an opinion on something it helps greatly if you have actual experience of that which u are debating.

PS: You already mentioned the other thread being closed due to flaming, yet you make a post like this. I really don't get you tbh. Your whole post is nothing more than that of a soviet-fanboy. You don't even know the new Ace yet and you tell an incomplete, biased story about it. Why are u even discussing the balance of this game if you're nothing more but a mere one-faction-pony? U admitted you never even once played with the Ace, but you still debate its balance?

Next to this your rank is incredibly low. Now I'm not trying to turn this into an e-peen competition, but I DO feel that a rank of 500+ indicates you don't fully understand this game. Maybe it's time for you to learn it before pretending to know the first thing about balance?
Neo
12 Feb 2014, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 15:45 PMStoffa
A)Wait till you see the new Ace first before going qq.
B)Don't write biased stories that don't tell the whole story (the Ace will supposedly cost 800MP now, which is a huge change and is totally unmentioned by you).

Also, as I told you before, stop playing only Soviets. If you want to have an opinion on something it helps greatly if you have actual experience of that which u are debating.

A) I address the 800 manpower point directly in my post. Read it.

B) I choose the side I play on the basis of which side has fewer people searching. As a result my ratio of Soviet to German is about 60/40. I think that's sufficient for the purposes of this discussion.

Edit: I just checked and my 1v1s are actually 60/40 in favour of Germans.
12 Feb 2014, 15:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 15:48 PMNeo

A) Reading seems to be something you struggle with, I address the 800 manpower point directly in my post. Read it.

Again, a very flamy and childish response. Your post still makes it seem like its a very small difference, even though its 0 vs 800 mp. It's a huge change.

B) I choose the side I play on the basis of which side has fewer people searching. As a result my ratio of Soviet to German is about 60/40. I think that's sufficient for the purposes of this discussion.

Edit: I just checked and my 1v1s are actually 60/40 in favour of Germans.

That doesn't matter. You admitted earlier to never having used the Ace even once. Seriously, give me one reason why u are discussing the balance of a unit you never used.
Neo
12 Feb 2014, 16:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 15:53 PMStoffa

You admitted earlier to never having used the Ace even once.

I never said anything of the kind - if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

If you have something substantive to say about the content of my post above, please share it. If not, I have no interest in continuing this petty argument.
12 Feb 2014, 16:23 PM

Tiger ace was and will sadly appear to remain the most op thing in the game. Even if the changes that are supposed to taken place go through it will still be a get out of jail free card because the initial fuel cost is 0. So even with 0 map control you can eventually call this monster in. It's not right. Im willing to bet if sovs had the option to call in a triple vetted is2 (even without stun shot) for 800 mp and 0 fuel they'd chomp at the bit for it because paying fuel after you have the tank by way of income reduction is a much more beneficial way to pay for it. Especially if youre losing.

Sadly this patch appears to be mostly pro German throwing all semblance of balance right out the window. Oh well like I said before it'll make beating Germans more fun because once again it appears that the coh franchise caters to German players having it easy which breeds bad players :)
12 Feb 2014, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 16:16 PMNeo

I never said anything of the kind - if you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

If you have something substantive to say about the content of my post above, please share it. If not, I have no interest in continuing this petty argument.

Hahaha you want me to prove what you said now? Mate you admitted to it openly in the Siberian twitchchat earlier. Don't be a jackass.
Neo
12 Feb 2014, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2014, 16:30 PMStoffa

Hahaha you want me to prove what you said now? Mate you admitted to it openly in the Siberian twitchchat earlier. Don't be a jackass.

You're either confusing me with someone else or you misread, misunderstood or misinterpreted something I said.

I repeat again, I never said I haven't used the Tiger Ace even once.

Anyway, I'm done with this silly argument. Let's get back to the discussion of the Turbo Ace rework :) Oh, and check your messages.
12 Feb 2014, 18:01 PM

I look forward to our new King Panther overlords.
12 Feb 2014, 18:09 PM

I can see the new Tiger Ace as being able to guarantee at least 2 armor kills. It comes with stun munitions ability which will be useful for stopping T-34s from ramming and stopping SU-85's from reversing.
12 Feb 2014, 18:51 PM

I have actually never used the Tiger Ace myself, only played against it a couple times so sorry if im asking stupid questions.

I remember the Tiger ace causing all income to stopp when it was released, something I thought was a resanoble drawback. Has this changed?
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS