Login

russian armor

Sturmpioneer schreck still costs 70 muni

28 Feb 2020, 20:42 PM

No point in changing it, while tellers being accessible could be interesting i don't think it would be very balanced, Pumas would be able to force t70s into them easily and so on. Personally i'd change the upgrade to the flamer from firestorm nerfing the damage and making it come out once you tech. Would be a more diserable outcome and the unit itself would get more versatility.
28 Feb 2020, 20:46 PM

I really like the thought of giving Sturms a second Shreck upgrade after the first truck is built. Currently the thought process on the upgrades are intended to be, "Do I need Anti-Tank or Minesweeping/Repair ability" and you always go for the latter because it's just objectively better in 99% of situations due to the weak AT ability of a single shreck on an engineer unit while the Sweeper synergizes better with what an Engineer unit is already trying to do.

By adding more utility to the Shreck upgrade, you allow OKW to branch out a bit more in terms of their early game build. With an expensive investment in Muni's on Shrecks you may not need to go Mechanized every time to survive in a game between equal players and instead can rely on your Sturms as AT while you play a Battlegroup into a fast P4 or run a Flak-Trak for anti-infantry purposes. I find it hard to see players going Shrecks and Mech since giving up the ability to sweep mines and repair faster as well as being a massive Muni sink seems questionable for the standard Luchs+Puma build. I could be crazy and this might be busted but I'd love to see it play out in the Balance preview.

But still, I feel that there's plenty of counter play to this over just allowing Sturms to upgrade 1 Shreck and Sweepers since that comes off as more of a brainless "Press the button when you need it" type deal. you can glean information based on what your opponents Sturms have upgraded and play accordingly, or as the OKW player you could push an advantage such as controling double muni's, or wiping a Soviet's Combat Engineers and forgoing the Sweeper upgrade for Shrecks to get a leg up on the t-70 without Mechanized.
28 Feb 2020, 23:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

No point in changing it, while tellers being accessible could be interesting i don't think it would be very balanced, Pumas would be able to force t70s into them easily and so on. Personally i'd change the upgrade to the flamer from firestorm nerfing the damage and making it come out once you tech. Would be a more diserable outcome and the unit itself would get more versatility.

Well, you're the pro. Still I would assume that forcing Sturms to close in in the mid to late game would cause heavy MP bleed since they do not vet up that great for direct combat. No sure if this is a real improvement overall.
29 Feb 2020, 10:25 AM

Well, you're the pro. Still I would assume that forcing Sturms to close in in the mid to late game would cause heavy MP bleed since they do not vet up that great for direct combat. No sure if this is a real improvement overall.

Flamers are mid range though, it would actually increase their effective dps distance since at longer ranges it does very little. It would also solve the garrison cancer for okw without having to spend 30 muni every single engagement on buildings.

Essentialy youd have an effective anti cover unit with the ability to burst units down, with decent enough range where only max range battles would be consitetnly lost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Netherlands 12
France 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak