Login

russian armor

Its like Usf is just super powered

24 Feb 2020, 22:42 PM

I recently in 2v2 came up against a guy who just made 2 pak howitser.
This thing melted my infantry in every shot.
My mg42 just vaporished in one burst.

Then comes the 50 cal mg.
It actually suppresses AND kills infantry at an extreme rate.

But Kuhlmann, why don´t you just outplay him?

Well to get to his pak howitser you need to pass his super powered riflemen, who just guns down everything coming close, thanks to the recent garand buff.

Recently in the 4v4 tournemnt, 2 Usf players in each side, just blobbing riflemen, cause you know? It works.

Maybe we could tone them down a bit, don´t you think?
24 Feb 2020, 23:08 PM

"USF OP?"
24 Feb 2020, 23:08 PM

24 Feb 2020, 23:09 PM

Jokes aside, now usf has a new configuration, more TW oriented than ever before.
Sometimes adaptation is the hardest thing to do. They have weak spots yet.
Condider their better infantry but also more expensive reinforce. Fight safe battles and outplay USF using solid rather than risky plays.
25 Feb 2020, 01:02 AM

Another day another axis player whining. 2 suggestions,

Git gud
Play usf, if you think op. (Hint:its not)

On more serious note. Usf is ok in 1v1 with strong mainline infantry. But in 2v2 and above, they fall off as a faction. Weak to snipers and shitty tank phase. Stuart sucks, shermans in a void of uselessness, Jackson lack sight to counter axis armor, and Pershing, weakest heavy, is in only 1 doc.

For your case, having 2 pak howies meant either they have an earlier game hole in unit presence or late game weakness to arty. Axis have the best arty, use them.

Exploit their smaller unit presence by playing aggressive. Flank their 50cal since it is a late mg and smaller suppression arc than best mg42.

Losing to 2v2 usf pak howies sound like a l2p issue
25 Feb 2020, 01:26 AM

Pack howis are food for Stuka and werfer. They're also the most expensive indirect fire, with 2 of them costing 680 manpower, which is almost 3 infantry squads.

Also pack howis are in the captain tech, while .50 cal is in LT tech, so that's 90 fuel alone in unlocking tech for both units, and there's no way for him to have both at the same time when the first one comes out. This also delays the Major, weapon rack and all USF vehicles.

How can he afford 2 pack howis and rifles AND .50 cals to somehow before your push I have no idea.

Sounds like you are playing ost, have you tried to make a sniper which will bleed him like crazy and not allow him to afford 2 pack howis? USF has no counter for it except bumrushing it with an M20 or getting a lucky indirect hit. Pgrens also shit on rifles with veterancy.

Recently in the 4v4 tournemnt, 2 Usf players in each side, just blobbing riflemen, cause you know? It works.

Are you refering to the King of the Noobs tournament that had explicit rules that good players weren't allowed to participate?
Vaz
25 Feb 2020, 05:00 AM

sounds like he's getting outplayed to me. As soon as I read pak howi and .50 in the same game. Nope, that means this guy got an lt and a cpt, which I don't see very often. Typical OST thing to do is find some resources and camp on it until brumbar/p4. So, pak howi is supposed to be used on static positions. Sounds like you just don't want your opponent to have anything effective against you, which would be a pretty boring game.

Rifles are pretty tough to handle as OST with just infantry, but OKW is able to overpower USF quite easily with more than 1 squad type. I've had okw blobs attack .50 from the front and never get suppressed.
MMX
25 Feb 2020, 05:18 AM

oh boy i'm so gonna steal that!
25 Feb 2020, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2020, 05:00 AMVaz
sounds like he's getting outplayed to me. As soon as I read pak howi and .50 in the same game. Nope, that means this guy got an lt and a cpt, which I don't see very often. Typical OST thing to do is find some resources and camp on it until brumbar/p4. So, pak howi is supposed to be used on static positions. Sounds like you just don't want your opponent to have anything effective against you, which would be a pretty boring game.

Guys, ever heard of Airborne Company doctrine and it's access to .50 cal drop?
25 Feb 2020, 07:59 AM

You could try Assault Grenadiers. They can be a lifesaver to push. Their sprint and grenades are quite powerful. It´s especially quite powerful early on.

My build is MG42, Assault gren, MG42, Assault gren ...into whatever you like

Ps: I play mainly 3v3.
25 Feb 2020, 11:20 AM

25 Feb 2020, 12:05 PM

I recently in 2v2 came up against a guy who just made 2 pak howitser.
This thing melted my infantry in every shot.
My mg42 just vaporished in one burst.

Then comes the 50 cal mg.
It actually suppresses AND kills infantry at an extreme rate.

But Kuhlmann, why don´t you just outplay him?

Well to get to his pak howitser you need to pass his super powered riflemen, who just guns down everything coming close, thanks to the recent garand buff.

Maybe we could tone them down a bit, don´t you think?

try lefh18 at least it will force him back.
26 Feb 2020, 03:28 AM

USF has easily the worst early game of any faction. They don't have fancy shock engineer cqb units, they don't have a super OP MG thats available right off the bat. They have a pathetically bad and over priced RET unit, so-so Riflemen, useless mortar, and even more useless ambulance. Most things in the roster are over priced, so the key is to bleed USF early with snipers or infantry behind cover. It's easy to bully USF until they start getting to T2 so that's the trick, bleed their MP so they can't even build a Pack Howitzer.
26 Feb 2020, 06:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2020, 03:28 AMCODGUY
USF has easily the worst early game of any faction. They don't have fancy shock engineer cqb units, they don't have a super OP MG thats available right off the bat. They have a pathetically bad and over priced RET unit, so-so Riflemen, useless mortar, and even more useless ambulance. Most things in the roster are over priced, so the key is to bleed USF early with snipers or infantry behind cover. It's easy to bully USF until they start getting to T2 so that's the trick, bleed their MP so they can't even build a Pack Howitzer.

Yep! Sounds like someone who really played usf and other factions.

Usf is a rough faction to navigate. A pro 1v1 can make good use. But most players will struggle with usf early game attrition and late game weak armor durability.

Axis got it easy with 2 factions that have smooth tech progression.
26 Feb 2020, 16:23 PM

Permanently Banned
USF is op in 1v1. I usually skip T1 as Ost vs USF. Even if they can threaten with a dodge, the car is easily shredded if you keep your mgs somewhat together. Grens are simply trash vs USF after the rifle (and officer) buffs.
For CQC maps, go agrens, for garrison/green cover heavy maps go ostruppen, otherwise 3mg2pio or 4mg1pio
26 Feb 2020, 16:55 PM

USF are fine overall but Pak Howi is way too accurate
26 Feb 2020, 17:47 PM

26 Feb 2020, 18:05 PM

so that's the trick, bleed their MP so they can't even build a Pack Howitzer.

This differs from other factions because: .......
27 Feb 2020, 01:30 AM

This differs from other factions because: .......

High reinforcement costs
High attrition fighting against area denial units like mg or luch/ostwind
High tech costs with dire consequences if chose wrong LT or Cap
27 Feb 2020, 04:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Feb 2020, 01:30 AMmrgame2

High reinforcement costs
High attrition fighting against area denial units like mg or luch/ostwind
High tech costs with dire consequences if chose wrong LT or Cap

Not to mention USF infantry really aren't that much better than standard Volksgrens or Grenadiers yet that's the only fighting unit you have access to for the first 5-10 minutes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★