Login

russian armor

[2v2 SU vs OKW] - Figuring out why we lost

2 Feb 2020, 15:06 PM

Good morning!

Yesterday evening, my friend (localtoast) and I (atL) lost a 2v2 both playing as Soviets vs. 2xOKW. We're not quite sure what went wrong - we felt like we had good map control and took pretty good engagements. It seemed like all of a sudden we got steamrolled at the end and the armour came out of nowhere. We reviewed the replay and I have no idea how the one OKW was maintaining six fusiliers.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
5 Feb 2020, 05:31 AM
Patrion 14

General - If you're using a conscript build, go 4 conscripts. If you don't, especially against OKW, you'll simply get pushed off the field for not having enough squads.

3:17 - he conscript on the VP gets pushed by two volks while standing in the open,local toast's conscripts should be building sandbags while capturing points. This conscript could've been in green cover and dealt more damage, and likley held it's ground.

04:11 Localtoast is floating 400 man power, this should've been spent 1 minute ago. Do not float early resources early game, doing so essentially gives your opponent a free squads/unit over you.

By the 6 minute mark is clear that the soviets have had almost 0 fuel control. One way to mitigate this situation is having both both players push onto one side of the map in order to ensure your team has access to a single fuel for the first phase of the game, this will ensure your light vehicle timings are consistent at around 7-8 minutes.

10:38 First t70 is built and is late. Axis have had their luchs out for a few minutes, however the soviet AT gun has kept it in check. It should also be noted that aTl is sitting on 190 fuel at this point. This couldve been a light vehicle over 3 minutes ago. Soviets have done a good job of getting back map control, but they are still behind in overall fuel.

The reason the one OKW is able to sustain 5 p fus squads is that he's retreating them when the situation is unfavourable, or when they've lost health but not models. This means he's taking very little manpower bleed.

14:19 Generally speaking, localtoast has done of poor job of preserving his squads, as he only has 5 units out right now. At this point in the game soviets have half the pop cap OKW does, are floating a combined 300 unused fuel, have lost their t70. This represents a gross misuse and loss of troops. This game should already be over, but the axis team is not doing a very good job of dealing with soviet maxims, thus constraining their ability to seize the initiative. As soon as one of those links in the maxim line break, there will be a flood of infantry taking over the map.

~ 16 is normal timing for a medium tank, and OKW should have a clear advantage to breakthrough soviet lines and end the game. Why they chose to build a panther is beyond me, as the soviets aren't fielding any armor or even attempting to field vehicles.

Tldr; Soviets fell behind in fuel, neglected to use their own fuel, one soviet player was unable to maintain squad preservation, ensuring more manpower loss then necessary. Axis did a better job of preserving squads, ergo had more manpower available, but a shit job at exploiting the victories achieved or investing in maxim counters.

5 Feb 2020, 13:08 PM

Wait.

So you're telling the Soviet players to invest in field presence, not to float manpower unnecessarily, emphasise fuel control/income, AND to aim for better light vehicle timings?

According to GenMe you are the biggest troll and douche these forums have ever seen.

But of course according to any and all sane players, your advice makes perfect sense.
5 Feb 2020, 13:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's keep the salt out of the State Office. It's one of the rare places where discussion is (largely) civil.

;)
5 Feb 2020, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2020, 05:31 AMTroyd

04:11 Localtoast is floating 400 man power, this should've been spent 1 minute ago. Do not float early resources early game, doing so essentially gives your opponent a free squads/unit over you.

10:38 First t70 is built and is late. Axis have had their luchs out for a few minutes, however the soviet AT gun has kept it in check. It should also be noted that aTl is sitting on 190 fuel at this point. This couldve been a light vehicle over 3 minutes ago. Soviets have done a good job of getting back map control, but they are still behind in overall fuel.

Troyerd suggests stop floating o_O:rofl:

He is right, of course, but the irony is hilarious :o
5 Feb 2020, 16:02 PM
Patrion 14

Troyerd suggests stop floating o_O:rofl:

He is right, of course, but the irony is hilarious :o

I love you too.

To be fair I tend to float in mid/late game, not early game. Usually because my core infantry, suppresion source and basic AT are all deployed and i'm looking to see what they build so I can counter it.
6 Feb 2020, 17:51 PM

Thanks a ton, everyone, for the comments and suggestions. We'll get to work on our gameplay!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★