Login

russian armor

Sovjet NON-doctrinal healing options

3 Feb 2020, 10:40 AM

sov has the easiest access able healing in my opinion..you can have it at the first on the field
3 Feb 2020, 10:45 AM

OP take this with calmness but I'm going to ask you, are SU doctrinal heals any good? Are they meta? I understand your point but you might be looking only half of the picture, the game has doctrines and every player must pick 3 of them wisely. Otherwise it's a chosen handicap, not a balance issue

Added. Scout car med creates sounds cool

I'm very calm lol, i just wanted to prevent the thread from becoming derailed. Sometimes that happens way to quick.

As for your question. Yes there are 3 doctrinal sovjet healing options, 2 of those are common to be seen i think. However i don't think they are as meta as the heavy tank docs atm. I see what your getting at, doctrines are suppposed add new additional features or enhance faction features or make up for minor weaknesses. However i feel like there are certain conditions which any faction must fullfill. Having healing options ouside your base is one of those.

For example in the past, OKW did not have an MG at all, then they added one into doctrine. Still this was not a good enough solution for the problem of not having a mg. So they ended up giving okw a mg anyway. A shitty one but still an mg. Now having a mg is in my opinion just as essential as having a methode to heal your troops outside the base. Sure you can use doctrines to enhance this healing feature, but there should be a healing feature to heal outside the base if you want to use other doctrines. Like okw wanted and needed to have mgs without a doctrine.
3 Feb 2020, 10:49 AM

However i feel like there are certain conditions which any faction must fullfill.

Personally I think the lack of Forward Retreat Points for Soviets and Wehrmacht is a greater issue, especially on larger maps, like Steppes or General Mud. (Yes, I know there is one in Soviet Airborne, but Ostheer still has none)
3 Feb 2020, 20:03 PM

But Soviet almost all squads is 6men,and almost all squad can merge by Consript,so I think don't give Soviet frontline medic is for balance
3 Feb 2020, 20:23 PM

What Sander say about field presence is more of a problem for 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 matches TBH. I agree with OP that M5 healing is a great idea in a 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 environment where the maps are huge. Also, this opens up more options for a Soviet player to either pick AA or mobile healing.

I don't like the idea of scout car med kits because it is solely in T1.
4 Feb 2020, 15:16 PM

A tiny update

appearently the brits are gonna have an additional healing option because it is hard to heal their troops.

Now i am wondering, why the brits but not the sovjets :huhsign:

As for the merge argument sov can merge cons and brits cant: but you still have to heal those cons somewhere ^^. Otherwise it would be a waist of manpower and the state resources.

I mean for me both brits and sov have a similar issue. Brits cant heal at base when all their troops are spread around the map while sov can only heal in the base but not all around the map.

I mean i could say to all UKF players: hug your USF bud ambulance right? :unsure:

edit: fixed some spelling issues #phone
4 Feb 2020, 15:23 PM

A tiny update

appearently the brits are gonna have an additional healing option because it is hard to heal their troops.

Now i am wondering, why the brits but not the sovjets :huhsign:

Because soviets do not have expensive, limited mainlines who would need to stay in base longer/blob/give up utility just to get heals.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 58
Korea, Republic Of 19
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak