Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
22 Feb 2020, 17:09 PM

Why is pershing not nerfed together with is2 and tiger?
22 Feb 2020, 17:10 PM

:spam:

:snfPeter:
22 Feb 2020, 17:13 PM

pershing does not have enough health and slow reload.
22 Feb 2020, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 17:13 PMmrgame2

pershing does not have enough health and slow reload.

Are you serious?
22 Feb 2020, 17:16 PM

Are you serious?

pershing has 80 lower health and 30 armor and 5 range than tiger.
and i think its main gun reload slower even though turret is faster tracking
22 Feb 2020, 17:27 PM

No, it shouldn't. Base buildings for default units, not for doctrinal ones.

Thankfully, it is still a rule for majority of the doctrinal units (i didn't count infantry units, but all of them, except panzerfusiliers, are call-ins as well):

Then the question should be why is Puma, Panzer J and 250 build-able from HQ

Personally I would prefer Ostheer and OKW vehicles being build able from HQ since being able to be called instantly is huge advantage for some of these unit. This solution also open the way to, that one can fixing timing and tech issue with an added doctrinal tech...

What I would like to see is consistency and not "unique solution" when the same solution can be applied.
22 Feb 2020, 17:29 PM

Because they don't have quite the same panic factor as the Puma.

But I'd be all up for changing it for consistency, if it also included the Valentine.

Yet both the Stug-E and the C.PzIV suffer from the same issue Puma suffers. The prerequisite for calling them are simply to high. They should be changed.
22 Feb 2020, 18:01 PM

Honestly I wouldn’t mind this. Although to be fair this would mostly be good for the Panther since the StuGG barely has any horizontal depression and the P4 needs mobility.

Better than nothing.

It depends on the situation, but it would be a good change, because it would give some more health.

Also StuGG can be good in hull-down, because it will be able to replace PaK40 in some situations. Simply give it an angle idicator, same for all hull-down vehicles.

I was hoping for that since years. But what we got? Hull-down bug still not got fixed and patch team has no will to make anything.
22 Feb 2020, 18:09 PM

hull down gives axis tank too much range
panther will rekt all tanks easily.
i vote no.
22 Feb 2020, 18:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 18:09 PMmrgame2
hull down gives axis tank too much range
panther will rekt all tanks easily.
i vote no.

Build an AT-gun. Hull-down only works versus tank-hunter-blobbers arn't interested in mixed foreces.

German tanks which will really get an useful range bonus are StuG G and Panther getting same range as Alliis tank-hunters while beeing immobile. Everyone loosing a tank versus that is a noob.

BUT it offers the option to hold versus such no-brainers tactis based on simple range cancer.
22 Feb 2020, 18:21 PM

eh.. hull down panther will out range allies td! no go!

allies AT gun is not as good now that pak40 got a buff.

did you forget axis have pwafer and stuka? AT gun will take ages to kill hull down tanks and suffer opening to rocket arty.

no go!

anyway hull down comes with good doctrine of elefant! and you want to make it non doc?
Can i request calliope non-doc since usf no arty?
MMX
22 Feb 2020, 18:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 15:39 PMmrgame2
Forums feedback is useless. Write in to Sega.

This patch goes through, mod team is taking over a commercial game into their own and over writing the license.

oh boy, can you tone it down a notch, you jumped up clown? i understand that the patchnotes may not vibe with some people's expectations, some suggestions remain largely ignored and some changes may subjectively not go far enough or in the wrong direction... still there's an overall improvement to the current state of the game, even though some issues arguably remain, and the people who worked on this did it for free and in their free time - which is more you ever did or will do.
22 Feb 2020, 18:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 18:23 PMMMX

oh boy, can you tone it down a notch, you jumped up clown? i understand that the patchnotes may not vibe with some people's expectations, some suggestions remain largely ignored and some changes may subjectively not go far enough or in the wrong direction... still there's an overall improvement to the current state of the game, even though some issues arguably remain, and the people who worked on this did it for free and in their free time - which is more you ever did or will do.

yes you are 100% right.
my fault.
mod team is doing a great job for free.
now lets discuss more.
22 Feb 2020, 18:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 18:21 PMmrgame2
eh.. hull down panther will out range allies td! no go!

allies AT gun is not as good now that pak40 got a buff.

did you forget axis have pwafer and stuka? AT gun will take ages to kill hull down tanks and suffer opening to rocket arty.

no go!

anyway hull down comes with good doctrine of elefant! and you want to make it non doc?
Can i request calliope non-doc since usf no arty?

Remove hulldown for Elefant and Ace.

Hull-down gives 62,5 range for StuG-G and Panther, anough to react for counter-fire. More or less it gets same range as Firefly, SU85 and Jackson WHILE beeing immobile. You will be able to easy counter with your tank-hunters or with AT-gun.

OKH PaK40 isn't that better. Same pen as UKF PaK, US version with Heat is also same and Zis3 is good enough to pen Panther on max range 3 out of 4 shots.

Hull-down only helps Ostwind (for its price worst AA ingame) to increase shooting range.

StuG G will be able to hold on tank-hunters, while be handy-caped.

Same for Panther, it is able to hold on tanks, but can't finish them.

Every tank in hull-down is like a siting duck, still be able to be counterd easy. But it will be able to get one shot more and is able to forece back.

The only real thing hull-down is buffing Ost in is that in late-game OKH gets some tools to prevent bleeding by beeing able to hold ground longer. In a time MG-bunkers gets useless, PaK40 and HMGs gets eaten by Arty or blobbs.

Also hull-down will isn't easy to use, maybe most difficult ability to use effective.
22 Feb 2020, 18:49 PM

Remove hulldown for Elefant and Ace.

Hull-down gives 62,5 range for StuG-G and Panther, anough to react for counter-fire. More or less it gets same range as Firefly, SU85 and Jackson WHILE beeing immobile. You will be able to easy counter with your tank-hunters or with AT-gun.

OKH PaK40 isn't that better. Same pen as UKF PaK, US version with Heat is also same and Zis3 is good enough to pen Panther on max range 3 out of 4 shots.

Hull-down only helps Ostwind (for its price worst AA ingame) to increase shooting range.

StuG G will be able to hold on tank-hunters, while be handy-caped.

Same for Panther, it is able to hold on tanks, but can't finish them.

Every tank in hull-down os like a siting duck, still be able to be counterd easy. But it will be able to get one shot more and is able to forece back.

62.5 > 60.
immobile and reduced damages.

your post is saying hull down is good.
i agree. hence it is a doc. choose that doc and there you go.

ostwind is good AA. but it is a terrific AI.
for its price AA + AI + pretty fast. i think its OP for now. needs a pop cap increase.

for bad AA look at centuar and bofors. ukf is bad and expensive in live game.
22 Feb 2020, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 18:49 PMmrgame2

62.5 > 60.
immobile and reduced damages.

your post is saying hull down is good.
i agree. hence it is a doc. choose that doc and there you go.

ostwind is good AA. but it is a terrific AI.
for its price AA + AI + pretty fast. i think its OP for now. needs a pop cap increase.

for bad AA look at centuar and bofors. ukf is bad and expensive in live game.

Lol, wait. Centaure performes like two Ostwinds as AA. Most OP AA is Soviet quad.

Edit: you ever played versus hull-down?

Beside, also Scope has to be removed, replace it with an ability for 222 instead.
22 Feb 2020, 18:55 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 17:27 PMVipper
Then the question should be why is Puma, Panzer J and 250 build-able from HQ

This question should be about all buildable doctrinal units, but since during this patch only Puma on the desk, i asked only about it.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 17:27 PMVipper
What I would like to see is consistency and not "unique solution" when the same solution can be applied.

Agreed with you on this statement :)
22 Feb 2020, 18:57 PM

I take ostwind over quad any time.

free AA and not a paper truck.

Ost got too good late units, no need make all of them hull down. Its cheesy non-doc wanting to be abuse.

imagine 4v4 all hull down. lame tactics.
22 Feb 2020, 18:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 18:57 PMmrgame2
I take ostwind over quad any time.

free AA and not a paper truck.

Ost got too good late units, no need make all of them hull down. Its cheesy non-doc wanting to be abuse.

imagine 4v4 all hull down. lame tactics.

I made enough ingame tests, let me show you the results. lol

I have to make a youtube-video. Needs some time. I can share onedrive videos.

Ostwind https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnc04xQ0wGL7SF7H12A

Quad
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnc03tYlpPy2-XoO32Q

It becomes crazy if they are two xDD

2 Ostwinds
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnc03tYlpPy2-XoO32Q

2 Quads
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnc02khWQKftEnUxd6g

Two Quads perform like one full player builds Ostwinds for hole pop.

That is how the gamd is balanced...
22 Feb 2020, 19:01 PM

This question should be about all buildable doctrinal units, but since during this patch only Puma on the desk, i asked only about it.

Agreed with you on this statement :)

I see no reason why Puma should be the only unit on the table...

The reason why I am skeptical of Pumas instant production is the "panic" factor.

Imo it simply a very big advantage to wait and if you see that your opponent has invested in light vehicle and be able to instantly counter them if other counters have failed.

PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS