Login

russian armor

Reworked con vet bonus

13 Dec 2019, 16:14 PM

with the 7 man upgrade cons are really strong. Specially with their RA bonus from vet. So my idea if it possible, with vet3 they get a nerfed vet RA bonus + an passive ability that grants them additional RA bonus in combination this would in effect be equal to current RA bonus, when 7-man upgrade is taken this ability is removed. I mean it should be doable if the recon ability(strat reserve doc) from the 251 can be removed by upgrading the flamers. What the usual vet bonus would be is up to the balance team.
13 Dec 2019, 22:01 PM

i would differentiate strong from durable. Cons are not able to wipe other squads faster than Obers.
14 Dec 2019, 02:54 AM

i would differentiate strong from durable. Cons are not able to wipe other squads faster than Obers.

But they can charge upto veted lmg grens and win.
14 Dec 2019, 03:12 AM

But they can charge upto veted lmg grens and win.

vet 3 on a rather weak unit is hard to achieve. Cons can win 1v1 grens, but ostheer has plenty of options to face cons on lategame, from pgren to PIV and Pwerfer
14 Dec 2019, 04:44 AM

vet 3 on a rather weak unit is hard to achieve. Cons can win 1v1 grens, but ostheer has plenty of options to face cons on lategame, from pgren to PIV and Pwerfer

Really vet3 on a 6 man squad is hard to achieve. Well i'v been doing it all wrong this whole time. most of my cons reach vet3 before i can place t4.
14 Dec 2019, 06:06 AM

Really vet3 on a 6 man squad is hard to achieve. Well i'v been doing it all wrong this whole time. most of my cons reach vet3 before i can place t4.

Listen, cons until reaching vet3 need to be in cover, axis CQC can displace them easily. AT nades can give them a XP boost but cons dont really have any AT power aside their snare. Only tank hunter cons (that exclude themselves from the 7man upgrade).

If your point is playing safe with cons until reaching vet3 is easy, i would like to see a replay, if you meant to say that is posible, we already know.
14 Dec 2019, 06:10 AM

Something that could be interesting :
Scrap the cover bonus from 7 man
Tone down vet 3 a bit
Give em to the last man by default.

That would cement them as attrition units without making them too much while also allowing a squad that just merged add a bit more fighting power of a player wants to risk it. Might be enough of a buff to allow toning down the T70 a bit even.
14 Dec 2019, 08:23 AM

delete 7 man upgrade or be doctrinal

14 Dec 2019, 09:42 AM

That means either your opponents don't know you can retreat infantry in this game or you place T4 no sooner then 20-25 mins into the game.

Cons vet reliably, but slowest of all infantries without weapon upgrade.
SVT or PPSH cons will vet fast, but stock cons will vet faster then sweeper engies only.
14 Dec 2019, 09:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 09:42 AMKatitof

That means either your opponents don't know you can retreat infantry in this game or you place T4 no sooner then 20-25 mins into the game.

Cons vet reliably, but slowest of all infantries without weapon upgrade.
SVT or PPSH cons will vet fast, but stock cons will vet faster then sweeper engies only.

In 2v2 there is a lot of combat so my cons vet pretty quickly. And doesn't really need t4 before 15-16 min mark anyways.
16 Dec 2019, 04:19 AM

Bro those all cost a lot more than conscripts
16 Dec 2019, 06:51 AM

Bro those all cost a lot more than conscripts

The same can be said about grens as they cost exactly the same as cons. The only thing cheaper than any of those units are pios and engis.

Giving conscripts to the last man without changing grens (and thus forcing changes across all the mainlines) would be even "worse", as cons are not pushovers when fighting on optimal conditions. Cons would not only be durable infantry, but also would have a much easier time trading with enemy infantry because their overall dps decay due to model loss will be compensated by increased stats.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★