Login

russian armor

Best "Mainline" Infantry now?

29 Nov 2019, 02:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2019, 02:01 AMCODGUY

I don't consider Riflemen all that good because they are the least cost-efficient infantry unit in the game. Too expensive for their initial cost

I am sorry are we playing the same game?
29 Nov 2019, 02:22 AM

Personally : Best starting: Riflemen
Early-mid game: Grens/volks
Mid-late: Rifles
Late: Cons
29 Nov 2019, 03:01 AM

I am sorry are we playing the same game?
that's codguy. If it's usf it's UP. no exceptions.
29 Nov 2019, 03:52 AM

that's codguy. If it's usf it's UP. no exceptions.

Force him to play nothing but Axis all day and he’ll change his mind in a hurry.
29 Nov 2019, 05:08 AM

Grens might not be the most survivable, or tactically flexible, or have the most dps, or the cheapest.

Yeah that's it. Even as an Allies main it doesn't seem like to me Grens are anywhere the best mainline.
29 Nov 2019, 05:27 AM

Honestly I prefer Assault Grens to regular Grens at least in 1v1. Don't mind mixing them together though to have snares.
29 Nov 2019, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2019, 05:27 AMClarity
Honestly I prefer Assault Grens to regular Grens at least in 1v1. Don't mind mixing them together though to have snares.

Assault Grens are a pretty good starting unit they're almost like OST Strumpioneers but more durable with slightly less firepower.

But if you blob 3-4 Grens they're not going to be stopped by Riflemen (so long as you keep your distance which is not hard to do). You need some kind of supression with USF doesn't get until way later.
30 Nov 2019, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2019, 02:01 AMCODGUY
Been playing Ost and I have to say I think right now the Grenadiers work the best as a "mainline" infantry. They cost very little and require no side techs and no vet for abilities. Volksgrenadiers used to be the best but after this last patch it seems like Grens have taken the mantle.

I don't consider Riflemen all that good because they are the least cost-efficient infantry unit in the game. Too expensive for their initial cost, too expenisve and time consuming for weapon rack upgrades, snare locked behind vet which isn't a quick process for them to vet up. They're really not that good when you factor in these extremely high costs. Most USF units have a very high cost but I think Riflemen have among the highest cost-benefit radio of any unit.

Tommies used to be the best Allied mainline infantry but the balance team took care of that last patch.

Consripts are probably the best Allied mainline right now with that 7th man upgrade. Takes a while to get there but once they do they are a pretty tough late game unit.

Grenadiers have a snare and great dps, which makes them ok at clearing AT guns late game, but have a hard time capping late game as they suffer from low model count. No moving DPS also makes it hard to support panther dives using them.

Infantry sections are really expensive to buy but incredibly durable. The ability to be at full health 100% of the time thanks to medkits, the ability to build sandbags and a low reinforcement cost, esp. comparatively to price with bolster, is super good and makes them tough as nails, but they have a hard time killing team weapons, especially AT guns, to support tanks

Penals are very powerful all ‘rounders, but are expensive and lack snares. To The Last Man means their DPS doesn’t drop as much as they lose models, making up for a lack of weapon upgrades, and satchels are great for clearing team weapons. Suffer from lack of snares and long range heavy AT in their tech path. Decent late capping power with high model count, but also high reinforcement cost.

Conscripts are great attrition troops late game with reserves, and good at clearing team weapons early thanks to oorah and Molotov, and have snares. Great for capping late game with high model count

Riflemen are great all rounders, good initial cost, reinforcement cost, snare, and weapon upgrades. Suffer from a lack of healing early game due to ambulance costing fuel, and being forced to close on grenadiers/ volks late game. High near dps and moving damage make them good for clearing team weapons.

Volksgrenadiers are quick to build, numerous and cheap, with snares, a good upgrade, and incendiary nades to deny cover early. Fall off late game due to poor trading and cover being created/destroyed. Good to cap with 5 models and low reinforcement cost, and good at killing AT guns with moving dps, good close dps and incendiary grenades

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 41
Russian Federation 39
Poland 7
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %