Login

russian armor

2 New Sov Commanders!!!!!!!

7 Nov 2013, 14:04 PM

the first 2 commanders looks to be the kind of for sale. they look nice, but isnt there supposed to be 2 german ones to balance it out?
7 Nov 2013, 14:17 PM

the first 2 commanders looks to be the kind of for sale. they look nice, but isnt there supposed to be 2 german ones to balance it out?

Here is one of them.

7 Nov 2013, 14:21 PM

Front armor on the KV2 will bounce shots from a Panther sometimes, good health too.
7 Nov 2013, 14:22 PM

Tiger Ace OP - DELETE
7 Nov 2013, 14:27 PM

TIGER ACE OP! i can only imagine its the case blue tiger. it does provide a nice interesting mechanic because you have to keep your units alive by using the vetting skill then call the tiger to finish the game. defensive doctrine + this in 2v2 seems op leepictwichface
7 Nov 2013, 14:33 PM

You haven't played against it nor tried playing with it yet, wait at least till the unit comes out ...
7 Nov 2013, 14:36 PM

Who me? How do you know? Also, I was just kidding. While it is uber powerful, the fact that you lose all of your resource income for the rest of the game once you call it in kind of balances it out.
7 Nov 2013, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
As I pointed out in the othernthread, this Commander is so strong with infantry and Armor support (with PTact), that the Ace is the least of your troubles as an opponent.

G43s are fking hardcore. Forget LMG, this is where the pain is.
Purchaseable Vet? Even with the pastebin Vet changes, that is some serious buff to those G43 Grens and even moreso to PGrens who otherwise come out later but scale very well with Vet.

As is, this would be my favorite Commander in 1v1, no question. Id marginally miss MHT, but with Stun Grenades, I no longer need that and I save fuel in the process. With Grens as strong as this, Id go Ostwind and completely obliterate Sov infantry while Fausting Armor for dealing with by PaKs if they become troublesome.

In teamgames this may be more problematic, especially since its a callin.
Meaning that player can focus hard infantry and support his more generalised teammate in lategame with a Vet3 Tiger. CP Cost being the important factor here.

But even with a high CP, that just means that player can field hard infantry, support a strong T3 with PTact, and just wait for CP for Ace Tiger without T4.

The Vet 3 Tiger stats as in the pastebin, make it an absolute monster. Thankfully, Ram still has a chance I think (havent crunched the numbers and since Ram doesnt scale, it may have trouble penetrsting vet 3 tiger armor, from any angle).
7 Nov 2013, 14:43 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

When I get that elite troops doctrine I don't think I will ever use the tiger ace. The drawback is that you lose all your resources, meaning if the push with the tiger ace fails you are stuck with half an army and no way to repair your tanks or reinforce your infantry.
I rather get p4s or panthers and buy XP for those tanks with the trooptraining
7 Nov 2013, 14:53 PM

Yes, exactly. We also do not know the cost of the Vet ability, could be quite expensive. And since only 1 Tiger can be called in, the opponent could outflank it, annihilate all the other units, which eventually you could not reinforce anymore since you have ran out of resources... Calling the Tiger Ace would seem to be an all-in gamble, most interesting commander to say the least. Anyways cannot wait for all the content to come out, I think Relic is doing a really nice job :)
7 Nov 2013, 14:53 PM

I think a well drilled Soviet team could handle a Tiger Ace pretty good by targeting that players infantry since that specific player won't have anymore resources. Problems come in team games where random teams face each other and the Soviets have a hard time communicating.

A sneak peak into the future is always welcome though. I just hope that Relic won't make the new commanders too powerful and attractive so the old ones will become obsolete.
7 Nov 2013, 15:01 PM

Hey man I know as much as you do. The first 3 I listed are Sov and the last one is German. I literally just scanned the entire stream for times when he hovered over commanders long enough for me to take screens. There were several Osteer portraits that looked new but he never hovered over them :(
7 Nov 2013, 15:10 PM

TIGER ACE OP! i can only imagine its the case blue tiger. it does provide a nice interesting mechanic because you have to keep your units alive by using the vetting skill then call the tiger to finish the game. defensive doctrine + this in 2v2 seems op leepictwichface

I think it just calls in an already vet 3 Tiger.
I wonder just what the no more resources pertains to.
Is it the rest of the game? As long as the Tiger is out? For a limited time?
7 Nov 2013, 15:11 PM

7 Nov 2013, 15:14 PM

Hey man I know as much as you do. The first 3 I listed are Sov and the last one is German. I literally just scanned the entire stream for times when he hovered over commanders long enough for me to take screens. There were several Osteer portraits that looked new but he never hovered over them :(

You're doing god's work, son.
7 Nov 2013, 15:49 PM

I think it just calls in an already vet 3 Tiger.
I wonder just what the no more resources pertains to.
Is it the rest of the game? As long as the Tiger is out? For a limited time?

is not a normal vet 3 tiger if its stops your resources income. it must be a pretty strong unit able to handle an army by itself. if it stops your resource income.
7 Nov 2013, 15:58 PM

Permanently Banned

Here is one of them.

i saw vet3 tigers in relic's stream,thought how retard the russian are, but now i know this doctrine could be real. Prettyy unbeatable ( vet3 tiger? in this patch, vet3 tiger oneshoot the t34s.)
7 Nov 2013, 15:59 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2013, 15:58 PMakosi

i saw vet3 tigers in relic's stream,thought how retard the russian are, but now i know this doctrine could be real. Prettyy unbeatable ( vet3 tiger? in this patch, vet3 tiger oneshoot the t34s.)

but oh wait, hm 21 CP
7 Nov 2013, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Nov 2013, 15:59 PMakosi

but oh wait, hm 21 CP

judging by the fact that sector artilery is 18 wich should be around 4 in the standard cp right now. it means 21 must be around 5 or 6 cp
7 Nov 2013, 16:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Sector is 6 in live. Meaning 21 is 7
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak