Login

russian armor

2 New Sov Commanders!!!!!!!

7 Nov 2013, 08:30 AM

I would just like to state that I did infact screen both of these images from Relic's stream the other day and as such feel that I am well within the fair use to share them here. If for some reason I have violated the Rules and Regulations please remove this post.

Bear *like that ;)* in mind that Relic did state everything presented in their stream was still undergoing testing.

CP system is in test in the environment in which these commanders exist.

1:54:52 http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/c/3198749

1:52:23 http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/c/3198749

14:27 http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/c/3198749

1:06:04 http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/c/3198749
7 Nov 2013, 08:38 AM

They both look pretty awesome! :)
7 Nov 2013, 08:51 AM

15 CP for a KV-2? That does not make sense. It takes way to long to get 15 CP unless they are going to rescale the rate at which you get the points.
7 Nov 2013, 08:53 AM

15 CP for a KV-1? That does not make sense. It takes way to long to get 15 CP unless they are going to rescale the rate at which you get the points.

Adding this comment to the OP the CP system is in test in the environment in which these commanders exist.
7 Nov 2013, 08:55 AM

Trenches? Oh no... Not again.

Rest look decent - just depends on how TTs are handled.
7 Nov 2013, 08:59 AM

A decent heavy tank for SU at last! And the tank traps that I requested many times.

These commanders will definatley be on my wish list!
7 Nov 2013, 09:22 AM

I really like it, bit disappointing that there is still no real answer to panther spam other than SU85. (***Team games***).

From what I saw in the stream , the KV2's armor is really weak, and looks like it is a glorified SU152 with a turret. Nevertheless I am still excited about this
7 Nov 2013, 09:34 AM

From what I saw in the stream , the KV2's armor is really weak, and looks like it is a glorified SU152 with a turret. Nevertheless I am still excited about this

Which is very strange as from what I understand the KV-2 had a large amount of front armour at least. I mean just look at the beast, it's huge! I hope that they increase the armour or something to make it more durable.
7 Nov 2013, 09:40 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What kind of bonuses to trenches even give? Do they have the same stats as regular buildings?
7 Nov 2013, 09:41 AM

Maybe i exaggerated a bit, not really weak, but weak for such a big tank it went down pretty quickly.
7 Nov 2013, 09:46 AM

What kind of bonuses to trenches even give? Do they have the same stats as regular buildings?

The second game in the Relic Stream displays the use of this trench and it seems to be very similar to the current trench in play with the ostruppen commander.
7 Nov 2013, 09:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Thanks for taking time to single out the frames!

I imagine 2v2+ will have fun with the defensive commanders battlefield shaping abilities.
Tank trapping narrow approaches. Wonder how much dmg they can take.
Im not too optimistic about Trenches, since its just another Molotov death trap really.
Sov one seems much stronger than the Ost version imo.

Im generally wary of economic abilities, especially for team games. Tend to scale monstrously towards end game. The Industry one seems to lend itself to T70 abuse.

The Commisar commander seems to offer interesting potential in conjunction with Merge as an alternative to retreat.
As an Ost player I look at it and have concerns about even more massed Cons. The Ost equivalent mass infantry doctrines involve Osttruppen, which are inferior troops, but this one seems to hinge on Cons.

Fun stuff but clearly not ready for implementation.
7 Nov 2013, 10:12 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The second game in the Relic Stream displays the use of this trench and it seems to be very similar to the current trench in play with the ostruppen commander.

Yeah I figured so, but I don't know what kind of bonuses those trenches give either :p
7 Nov 2013, 10:21 AM

Yeah I figured so, but I don't know what kind of bonuses those trenches give either :p

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2013, 18:40 PMwooof

i havent looked into it too much, but i believe the doctrinal trenches are just like normal trenches.

Code
| | | tp_trench: {
| | | | accuracy_multiplier: 0.2f;
| | | | damage_multiplier: 0.3f;
| | | | penetration_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | suppression_multiplier: 0f;

as opposed to heavy cover:

Code
| | | tp_heavy: {
| | | | accuracy_multiplier: 0.5f;
| | | | damage_multiplier: 0.5f;
| | | | penetration_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | suppression_multiplier: 0.1f;

From the thread Osttruppen Trench and Arty Officer

Nullist Pointed out that it is in fact 360 cover and destructible by explosives (including direct fire AT gun and Tank Rounds as well as your conventional explosives IE mortar etc)
7 Nov 2013, 10:32 AM

dem leaks

I WONDER WHAT THE OTHER COMMANDERS ARE
7 Nov 2013, 12:03 PM

dem leaks

I WONDER WHAT THE OTHER COMMANDERS ARE

I don't think of these as leaks, since all this content was shown in the live stream and Mr. Brad although he did not elaborate, said that all we've seen in the stream should be considered as a "sneak peek" of the upcoming content. Correct me if I'm wrong pls :)
7 Nov 2013, 12:13 PM
Donator 22

How much for the new commander ? ;) :/
7 Nov 2013, 12:16 PM

How much for the new commander ? ;) :/

Only speculation at this point but from my understanding 2-4 free and 2 paid dlc on the 12th.
7 Nov 2013, 12:25 PM

...fun...
...narrow approaches...

Kappa
7 Nov 2013, 12:43 PM

Permanently Banned

Kappa

Onko pröblemz, kiesuspyotr?

MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #