Login

russian armor

CoH2 Patch News!

PAGES (12)down
11 Nov 2013, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 18:10 PMCruzz

The buffed strafe is the anti-tank strafe (found in Jaeger Infantry, Lightning War atleast), which preferrably targeted heavy vehicles in the area and did almost nothing to them before.

Thanks! That makes more sense. I got confused by the JU-87 designation.
11 Nov 2013, 18:31 PM

• Build-time of soviet tier 1/tier 2 building not reduced.
  • Blitz (german vehicels` vet 1 ability) still available with damaged/destroyed engine.
  • Soviet strafe not nerfed.
  • German strafe (aka pin-plane) even buffed (wtf).

Why am I not surprised?
11 Nov 2013, 19:40 PM

I'm happy they didn't change blitz when engine damaged.. I think it's dumb to completely cancel out a vetted ability with at nades that are so easy to land. Especially now with the vet changes and distant increase with infantry at abilities. Remove blitz with engine destroyed only not engine damaged .

Changes look great can't wait to test them out
11 Nov 2013, 20:11 PM

I'm happy they didn't change blitz when engine damaged.. I think it's dumb to completely cancel out a vetted ability with at nades that are so easy to land. Especially now with the vet changes and distant increase with infantry at abilities. Remove blitz with engine destroyed only not engine damaged .

Changes look great can't wait to test them out

Blitz is overperforming dude
And about the earned vet,a Panzer4 needs 5-6 Conscript kills...
11 Nov 2013, 20:12 PM

Not sure what they were thinking if they didn't nerf Soviet Strafe (and make sure the German Close Air doesn't do the same).

Hopefully there's some overarching changes that effect it. I know one such change is that vetted AA units get much better at shooting down planes, but that's assuming they survive the attack long enough to shoot.
11 Nov 2013, 20:47 PM
Donator 33

Yeah, this is why leaked Beta-notes suck. Instead of being happy about what we get, we'll get disapointed about what we think we could have had.

Great move to post the notes way before any developer-stream so the discussion can be about the changes rather than individual disappointments. Kudos!

Good stuff notes
120mm nerfed
FHQ nerfed
Flamer ka-boof reduced

WTF's
Assgrengren and HT callin cheaper
11 Nov 2013, 21:36 PM

nothing happening to the MG42?
11 Nov 2013, 21:51 PM

Hope we will see some T-34/85 spam vs StuGs now.

Can´t believe noone mentioned this:

- Pioneer veterancy 2: + 50% repair speed

That is pure gold.

Btw: What´s in the new German mechanized doctrine?
11 Nov 2013, 21:56 PM

Hope we will see some T-34/85 spam vs StuGs now.

Can´t believe noone mentioned this:

- Pioneer veterancy 2: + 50% repair speed

That is pure gold.

Btw: What´s in the new German mechanized doctrine?

First thing I'm doing come patch time is going t1-t2 and spamming the 85s to see how viable they are. Hopefully they might be something that can take on the damn panther spam that's so popular in large team games.
11 Nov 2013, 22:30 PM

I tried to tell people that it was extremely unlikely that building times would be reduced ontop of the reduction
Which is afforded by the soviet industry doctrine.

Why don't people get that bar minor balance tweaks, the core units and buildings are set how they want them, only factions will add significant changes, as that's easier to balance.

I'm kinda upset to see the B4 get an effective nerf.. But I suppose it will make it work more as intended. Currently you can just get it to vet 1 using direct fire then spam precision strike, but at 90 muni it will be less affordable. But at least in trade off of lost accuracy, it gets to fire more often.
11 Nov 2013, 23:12 PM

Except that those changes were part of the beta server to test. Which means that Relic does think it's something worth investigating a fix for. Which means that it has a higher potential for changing than you describe.

It may not happen this patch, or even in the next few months of patches, but they recognize there is an issue.

As for the B4, it'll fire at double its previous rate. Which if you're firing into the enemy base, or at clusters of units, then it's almost a buff as well. So the only nerf it got was how reliable the damage output was without munitions expenditure. But now it's more usable for general bombardment, especially on some maps that have natural choke points to hit.
11 Nov 2013, 23:17 PM
Patrion 14

But at least in trade off of lost accuracy, it gets to fire more often.

The increased ROF makes it alot more viable in my eyes. Its an arty magnet, so its good if you can get more shots off before it gets taken out.
12 Nov 2013, 07:38 AM
Donator 22

wow the Railway Artillery "Recharge duration from 120s to 60s" This will be more effective for the osttruppen commander, to spam every 60s railway artillery I guess
12 Nov 2013, 07:44 AM

Yeah I agree it will be nice to fire it more often, and will give a cooler feel of constant bombardment, but it will def be much harder to take out exact targets as often.

MG's at vet 2, +20% suppression!! Hello bought veterancy :P lol

Also engies, 50% repair rate, and then get 3.. No penalty for repairing in combat. :o

Wow, that's a real incentive to level engies up early on and then keep them safe for late game.
12 Nov 2013, 07:52 AM

Basically, the last batch of commanders all got buffed.

The B-4 and Railway Artillery buffs are major. The latter also makes festung armor (dude with the glasses and pak43) better.
12 Nov 2013, 08:19 AM

They've also buffed the AI and a bit changed the units it'll be producing, I really like that. Hope to see more doctrinal units from the AI :)
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS