Login

russian armor

CoH2 Patch News!

PAGES (12)down
6 Nov 2013, 06:21 AM

I just realized the defensive tactics gives you a substitute for every T2 unit.

In exchange of no late game at all, and the new German free commander looks not as half impressive as the previous perfectly-balanced Mechanized assault.
6 Nov 2013, 06:22 AM

Defensive tactics (Soviet) looks like a lot of fun. Then combined the tank traps with the SU-85..mmmm + heavy MG teams to help the SU.

The German one: Sector artillery is great (but defensive). Tank traps are good and pak43 is situational.
6 Nov 2013, 06:28 AM

The 45mm AT gun isn't a substitute for the Zis-3 though, especially without the FHQ bonus. It's just there to protect and support soviet infantry against light vehicles. I guess the same could be said for the Dshk 12.7cm, although that sees to be a higher damage MG for suppression as well.

You'll still want to get B4 for some more solid AT.

The big late game for these defensive commanders seems to be tank traps. You direct the vehicles where you want them to go. We just have to see what can crush or destroy them.
6 Nov 2013, 06:42 AM

Stop leaking please, relic has already warned us a couple times.

if you guys continue they'll remove the beta
6 Nov 2013, 06:57 AM

This is what I saw in the livestream and that have not been mentioned here but Germans also have a five unit squad now with DOUBLE flamethrowers by the looks of it. Soviet will also have their own officers called "Commissars", basically a Commissar with 2 bodyguards who are going to improve nearby infantry. Multiple Commissar squads will stack their effects. Those were the units with the three stars, he clicked on one of the squads for like 0.5 seconds so I had to double click space bar in order to see it. Soviets also have something called "Sector Overwatch", dunno what that means but I saw it in their first 4vs4 game in the end when they capped mid VP.

Just to be fair, this is something that we all could see in their livestream so it's nothing "secret" about it anymore, except that they haven't told us by words what it is.
6 Nov 2013, 07:18 AM

For those who haven't watched the stream yet:

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/c/3198749
6 Nov 2013, 07:22 AM

They showed this in the livestream, it's fair game at that point.

I didn't realize he had clicked on the 3 star unit, otherwise I would have gone frame hunting for it. Glad to see you caught it.

The commissars were actually spotted via some modders digging through the code earlier.

Sector overwatch is a bit like sector artillery, except it's centered around a point instead of a territory. Seems to operate a lot like sector arty, although less accurate.

The double flamethrower German unit was also found by modders. There's a post somewhere out there that shows off a bunch of stuff.
6 Nov 2013, 07:41 AM

Here you go Turtle, at 43:02 in the livestream (the link that GustavGans posted):

Larger picture: http://s16.postimg.org/fveoxrpr9/comissar.jpg

I'm pretty god damn sure that he clicked on the double flamer squad once but I couldn't find it again even though I rewatched the beginning of the stream. This is the "Artillery Overwatch" at 01:06:18 in the video:

I like the fact that he said in the video that he would NOT provide any information whatsoever about the "three star squad" but he was clicking on his keyboard and with his mouse like if he had ADD or something and now we've exposed this information. :drool:
6 Nov 2013, 09:27 AM

Hi,

can anyone say if the commissar squad is doctrinal? The unit shown in the HUD was from the ally...

Other than that, i am very excited to see some new content!
6 Nov 2013, 09:39 AM

DerBär: I guess it's doctrinal. Someone asked in the beginning if they we're allowed to use the new commanders in this livestream and he said it was OK. I have a hard time seeing those as regular units for the Soviets. Just look at the Artillery Field Officer the Germans have.
6 Nov 2013, 09:59 AM

Thanks for the fast reply, ludd3emm! Kinda thought it would be doctrinal. Was the other soviet doctrine, with possibly the commissar suad in it, shown in the stream? Sadly, I am not able to watch the stream at the moment. So please excuse if this question has already been answered.
6 Nov 2013, 10:09 AM

Not directly, it was a teammate's units.

Just so we're all clear, there's 6 new commanders being released on Nov 12. Currently we know 2 are completely free, which come from ToW with modifications. Then, 2 commanders require players to enter their email address to get, these are the defensive commander (I think).

Finally, there are the 2 leftover that seem like paid DLC commanders, the German Air Superiority and Soviet Advanced Warfare.
6 Nov 2013, 11:59 AM

2 thigns..

first if you are doing the beta and relic asks you not to discuss it then dont leak any info, its disrespectful, makes their job harder and makes the community look like brats.

Second I hope there are some meaningful changes in this update and so far it seems like there will be, this goes some ways to improving the game and restoring my faith in relic and the coh franchise. I am excited to see what it will bring :)
6 Nov 2013, 12:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

/edit later
6 Nov 2013, 12:42 PM

Regarding the commisars... I have watched the cast yesterday and:
They are not in current ToW commander, they are not in new defensive or advanced warfare commander either so is there a possibility they are a new core unit ?

6 Nov 2013, 12:50 PM
Patrion 14

Dont know if there is any point in speculation what new units there are and not. Even if in beta, it doesnt mean that they will show up in live. And if they are, there is no telling when. It seems Relic has a long line of DLC coming... And as long as we cannot get confirmation (relic wont do this and beta players not allowed) it will continue to be only speculation (although that can be fun at times). Guess time will tell.

Edit: and mode edits...
6 Nov 2013, 14:57 PM

i saw the stream and one question!?

did you see the CP? i mean 18 CP for use an ability, example: 10CP for kv-8 and 18CP (not sure cuz i dont remember) for the KV-2?

maybe this is for preventing the fast tech for heavy tanks in mid-late game?
6 Nov 2013, 15:23 PM

i saw the stream and one question!?

did you see the CP? i mean 18 CP for use an ability, example: 10CP for kv-8 and 18CP (not sure cuz i dont remember) for the KV-2?

maybe this is for preventing the fast tech for heavy tanks in mid-late game?

He stated that it wasn't going to be that way when it goes live. They were just trying out some new pacing on the beta.
6 Nov 2013, 15:37 PM

did nobody see in game where they ha a bar with leaderboard? so they gona have one in game now?
6 Nov 2013, 16:36 PM

This is completely going to change the META and the gameplay of COh2. I am excited and worried at the same time. I know it will eventually work out but might require a few patches after big patch to fix things but who knows, all speculation right?

I really wish they would reset leaderboards though, give everyone a fresh start!
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 105
unknown 6
Germany 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L