Login

russian armor

LMG grens should not be able to snipe snipers

4 Nov 2013, 09:50 AM

like the tile states. discuss.
4 Nov 2013, 10:11 AM

are threads like this really necessary? lmg grens only have 35 range and have to be stationary for over 2 seconds before they start shooting. snipers have 50 range and sight radius. you should always see an lmg gren long before it sees you. if you lost a sniper to an lmg its your own fault. might as well make a thread about snipers dieing to mg42s while youre at it.
4 Nov 2013, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2013, 10:11 AMwooof
are threads like this really necessary? lmg grens only have 35 range and have to be stationary for over 2 seconds before they start shooting. snipers have 50 range and sight radius. you should always see an lmg gren long before it sees you. if you lost a sniper to an lmg its your own fault. might as well make a thread about snipers dieing to mg42s while youre at it.

+1

Otherwise we'll end up like the coh.com forums...
4 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM

Permanently Banned
They shouldnt be able to, nor can they.

I dont see how it would even be possible.

Owing to range, Sov Sniper having 2 models, the setup time of the LMG, Sniper stealth and the way LMG focuses only one model at a time with a small delay before firing on the next target.
4 Nov 2013, 15:41 PM

The problem is the attack-move/attack order (ie right click) behavior of snipers, soviet in particular, ends up with them way closer than their max range.

Try putting your sniper in cover in range of the enemy instead of attack moving or giving an attack order.
4 Nov 2013, 15:44 PM

The problem is the attack-move/attack order (ie right click) behavior of snipers, soviet in particular, ends up with them way closer than their max range.

Try putting your sniper in cover in range of the enemy instead of attack moving or giving an attack order.

Is that because of the true sight system and they think they don't have direct line of sight?
4 Nov 2013, 17:01 PM

Yes, I believe so. Although that has much more influence on vehicles, which often can't even see over vaultable walls, even after its become crushed rubble. Hence the atrocious kinds of pathing vehicles make when trying to just shoot a target: they often decide they have to move some wonky way to get in range to SEE the target, not just shoot the target.

Sight blocking should not be shot blocking in any way. A unit in sight, for whatever reason, should always be targetable with the only restrictions being weapon range and shot blocking objects. Spotting should override that direct line of sight restriction.
5 Nov 2013, 15:56 PM

It was also like that in COH: preferably place sniper where you know he/she is in range. Don't right click his/her target.
5 Nov 2013, 17:03 PM

Another problem is Sniper aim time is far too long. We need a decrease in the aim time with a corresponding increase in the cooldown. A delicate 360mp 1-2 man unit needs that added control, its just depressing to watch them track the target for 2-3 seconds before taking their first shot.

I miss the days when you could charge a MG and if you timed the snipe right you could just run right up to him. Now I don't even think they shoot the model you click on. Besides the RNG countersniping and the camo everywhere mechanic I much preferred the way snipers performed in coh1 because you had much more of an impact on how they handled. For example you could even individually target Grens without the shreks so that the cooldown wouldn't cycle when passed off to the next man. Now they just plug away at random. :/
5 Nov 2013, 17:31 PM

I disagree with Basilone: The changes he proposes would make kiting infantry (especially with vet 1 sprint) too easy.
Snipers should not kite everything to death and they sure as hell should not be able to frontally charge an MG. Rather, they are meant to stay at long range (35-50) and use cover to make spotting them harder. They can take out units like MGs fine that way and can use cover to hide their exact location.
If the 0.8 seconds (1.5 for Ost sniper) before shooting are a huge factor for your sniper, chances are you are already far too close and/or lacking units that provide cover for your sniper.
5 Nov 2013, 19:34 PM

coh1 was too sniper-centric anyway.

It's one of the things people get a little too rose colored glasses about.

Snipers aren't god beings, if they stood around firing at everything they were detected and gunned down like anything else.

If LMG armed Grens get close enough to fire, for long enough for the LMG to set and fire, then the sniper should die.
7 Nov 2013, 19:54 PM

They shouldnt be able to, nor can they.

I dont see how it would even be possible.

Owing to range, Sov Sniper having 2 models, the setup time of the LMG, Sniper stealth and the way LMG focuses only one model at a time with a small delay before firing on the next target.

+1
7 Nov 2013, 19:56 PM

Another problem is Sniper aim time is far too long. We need a decrease in the aim time with a corresponding increase in the cooldown. A delicate 360mp 1-2 man unit needs that added control, its just depressing to watch them track the target for 2-3 seconds before taking their first shot.

I miss the days when you could charge a MG and if you timed the snipe right you could just run right up to him. Now I don't even think they shoot the model you click on. Besides the RNG countersniping and the camo everywhere mechanic I much preferred the way snipers performed in coh1 because you had much more of an impact on how they handled. For example you could even individually target Grens without the shreks so that the cooldown wouldn't cycle when passed off to the next man. Now they just plug away at random. :/

I agree, seems nothing is as good in coh2 as it was in vcoh, game mechanics wise that is. They are still working with a really rough game and instead of focusing on minutiae balance changes they need to make sure the game mechanics are spot on before they move into the small stuff.
7 Nov 2013, 19:57 PM

completely agree, but the only way to fix it is giving a better alert coming from the sniper, an earlier and louder: granata!!
7 Nov 2013, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 19:34 PMTurtle
coh1 was too sniper-centric anyway.

It's one of the things people get a little too rose colored glasses about.

Snipers aren't god beings, if they stood around firing at everything they were detected and gunned down like anything else.

If LMG armed Grens get close enough to fire, for long enough for the LMG to set and fire, then the sniper should die.

Well said.
7 Nov 2013, 21:24 PM

disable the auto-seek cover like DOW2, we'll have a smooth game than ever, and snipers won't waste their time on seeking a unnecessary cover.
9 Nov 2013, 09:25 AM

Yesterday I had two snipers insta-killed by shreks.

Shit happens.

Ofc. you could also say that one should learn from that and keep snipers at max range - not just at far range.

The same could be said about snipers vs lmggrens.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★