Login

russian armor

My Last Mod Release

29 Oct 2019, 13:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is not a Relic preview patch. This is a personal mod.

This will most likely my last mod I will release for Company of Heroes 2. I will continue to update this mod for balance and bug fixing. This mod was develop on and mostly off in this last year, so there maybe some of the recent updates that might conflict. This mod tackles a lot of design issues I have with this game. This mod largely separates Ostheer and OKW in design, as best I could.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1901658150

General

Soviets

Ostheer

USF

OKW

UKF

29 Oct 2019, 14:00 PM

look interesting but requires allot of testing
29 Oct 2019, 14:19 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2019, 14:00 PMVipper
look interesting but requires allot of testing

+1
30 Oct 2019, 10:39 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Minor Update:

All medium tanks have their scatter reduced while only have to affect two entities per squad. This should help them become more consistence vs infantry.

Mortars and Mortar Halftracks have their scatter significantly reduced while there damage has been cut. This should make them more consistence vs stationary units that are in cover. There job should be more focus in displacement rather than damage. Additionally, this helps improve their intended role.

25 Pounder AOE has been adjusted to be more effective.

Made the AI less dumb with the prefab bases.
30 Oct 2019, 12:19 PM

This does indeed all look quite interesting, I love the changes to everybody except for maybe the OKW on paper.

I still believe that if the 2 Armies should be different they should be so because they're representing 2 different postures to so speak, the early war fast and aggressive Ostheer punching through up to the battle of Kursk maybe and the OKW representing the Wehrmacht after Kursk, a slow and defensive behemoth that's stretched thin and fighting on multiple fronts.
31 Oct 2019, 13:38 PM

All factions start with prefab bases

All factions can build MG Bunkers for 200 manpower 20 fuel

All factions can research medics in T0 for 200 manpower 25 fuel

All slot items DO NOT drop

All tanks DO NOT abandon or have main gun destroyed

All static weapons can NOT be decrewed

When there health reaches 0 they will die

I hope this change will show in Balance Patch
14 Dec 2019, 00:54 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

New update that nobody asked for.

Weapon teams can now only no longer capture points while in combat. While in combat is defined as not receiving fire. They can still fire and capture. Three second duration until they can capture once again.

Soviet's M3A1 Scout car, Ostheer's 250 halftrack, USF's WC 51, OKW's Kubel, and UKF's Universal Carrier now all can capture, while not in combat. Same as above.

ML 20's and Lehf 18's now have access to smoke barrages.
-smoke barrages are free and are on their own cooldown.

Medium tanks entities per squad per shot changed from two to one. All tanks Coaxil and Hull machine guns damages have been increased to make them more consistent vs infantry. Now players have to keep in mind the front mg to inflict or avoid maximum damage. This also affects the Valentine, Stuart, Greyhound, and Panzer 2
14 Dec 2019, 01:21 AM

There's a lot of interesting ideas in there. Maybe try pitching some of them when they do the next balance patch?
14 Dec 2019, 01:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 01:21 AMGrumpy
There's a lot of interesting ideas in there. Maybe try pitching some of them when they do the next balance patch?

Most of my ideas are probably too game changing for a patch. Though UKF does need a huge rework.
14 Dec 2019, 02:06 AM

Most of my ideas are probably to game changing for a patch. Though UKF does need a huge rework.

Here here.
14 Dec 2019, 08:31 AM

USF looks like crap
14 Dec 2019, 12:45 PM
14 Dec 2019, 12:47 PM

nice to see that you that update
14 Dec 2019, 12:50 PM

Don’t you cast anymore?
14 Dec 2019, 12:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Don’t you cast anymore?

Generally a lack of motivation and time. Though I do plan to do it more often.

Additionally equipment issues. I was rendering this last night and it just comes out black. I have a lot of issues with Vegas and my microphone. Some of my recording I did not publish were lagging quite a bit. I though it was my processor was too weak, then my motherboard started to smoke... My motherboard literally fried itself. Good excuse to upgrade my processor seeing I was no longer constrained to my motherboard socket. I have had bad luck with upgrading my computer. For example, I unplugged my SSD, and my cable ripped out the jack of ssd, destroying it. I am back now. I am in a middle of a career change so I have some spare time focus on creating some new casts. I even started to experiment around with a green screen.
14 Dec 2019, 13:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 12:47 PMVipper
nice to see that you that update

This mod is focused on items that I do not agree with. For example, Right now I do not like the current medium tank play. It feels like the only medium tank that are consistent vs infantry is the T34/76 with its mgs and the Shermans HE rounds. This is why I made the gun reliable on killing one model per shot per squad while the hardly noticeable mgs now actually mean something. The hull machine gun can pitch in more damage so vehicle orientation means quite a bit. This also affects TD with MGs such as the Panther and Comet In the meanwhile, other mediums such as the ostwind have been adjusted as well. The Ostwind and Centaur can deal with blobs better with suppression and OKW have a cheap short barrel P4 to help lob rounds at infantry.

The one thing I am not sure right now is how the interaction will work out with AT infantry. From live tanks can now have an additional 160 health but however there are more AT options out there. Combat engineers have PTRS x4, Ostheer have PzB 39 weapon racks, USF infantry is generally a bit more durable, and the Infantry section can pick up a third weapon and have a snare. OKW maybe a bit lacking however, the AT hetzer does have better gun than the puma and the lieg with its now direct fire now has improved penetration, which I may have not mention. Instead of a flat 35, it has a 40,60,80 pen for 80 damage.
16 Dec 2019, 03:25 AM

Can you make a version with just these changes?

It’d be really nice because we want these + the vanilla gameplay because learning two gameplays takes too much time
16 Dec 2019, 05:08 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Can you make a version with just these changes?

It’d be really nice because we want these + the vanilla gameplay because learning two gameplays takes too much time

This should not be an issue but it will take some time.

much time

This stuff here will take no time.

Some conflicts are here. Currently in my mod, Ostheer's Pioneers out right build mg bunkers. I am assuming you do not want Grenadiers with this capability, unless it is doctrinal Field Defenses. Additionally, who would make the interaction with forward reinforcement bunker and healing bunkers.

With USF, I have currently the mg nests built are the base MGs rather than fighting positions. Do you want fighting positions or Sandbag MGs? Additionally for riflemen field defense, do you want upgraded/un-upgraded fighting positions or Sandbag MGs.

For OKW, I have currently the Sturmpioneers build concrete bunkers which have more health but take longer to build. Perfect for a modded faction with one unit. Do you want concrete bunkers or Ostheer bunkers? I am assuming the Volks bunkers are Ostheer MG bunkers still?

For UKF, do you want Royal Engineers to build the MG bunker? Should the MG bunker have the advance emplacement upgrade?

Some conflicts are here. How do you want to handle USF ambulance in relation to base medics?

For OKW, do you want the Medic upgrade to affect the Battlegroup HQ as well?

For UKF, do you want the Medic upgrade to affect the Forward Assembly?

This is a tall order. If you still want this it will take 1-3 weeks to implement. It is not as easy as to copy and paste. I have made a lot of adjustments and will take a lot of testing. As well my current layout is tailored my mod.

While Soviets is straight forward, Ostheer is not. One reason of my mod is how bad the Ostheer teching structure is. While maybe in most games you can skip one structure, you will probably build t1, t2, t3. This makes the battle phase system to have extra steps when each step. Prime example is battle phase 3. If the cost of T4 and battlephase 3 was combined, it would be no difference. Additionally, I am assuming you do not want the Ostheer Weapon Racks.

For OKW, how would you have the interactions work with the prefab bases work with the SWS halftracks? All to build as many as you want? Still limit to one? The ability to build units on the field from the mechanized HQ would be pointless. I could sync up a deployment of a halftrack to the base building at home. Such as lay down the Mechanized HQ from the SWS. Once it starts building, the corresponding building at home would also build.
16 Dec 2019, 22:44 PM

This should not be an issue but it will take some time.

This stuff here will take no time.

Some conflicts are here. Currently in my mod, Ostheer's Pioneers out right build mg bunkers. I am assuming you do not want Grenadiers with this capability, unless it is doctrinal Field Defenses. Additionally, who would make the interaction with forward reinforcement bunker and healing bunkers.

With USF, I have currently the mg nests built are the base MGs rather than fighting positions. Do you want fighting positions or Sandbag MGs? Additionally for riflemen field defense, do you want upgraded/un-upgraded fighting positions or Sandbag MGs.

For OKW, I have currently the Sturmpioneers build concrete bunkers which have more health but take longer to build. Perfect for a modded faction with one unit. Do you want concrete bunkers or Ostheer bunkers? I am assuming the Volks bunkers are Ostheer MG bunkers still?

For UKF, do you want Royal Engineers to build the MG bunker? Should the MG bunker have the advance emplacement upgrade?

Some conflicts are here. How do you want to handle USF ambulance in relation to base medics?

For OKW, do you want the Medic upgrade to affect the Battlegroup HQ as well?

For UKF, do you want the Medic upgrade to affect the Forward Assembly?

This is a tall order. If you still want this it will take 1-3 weeks to implement. It is not as easy as to copy and paste. I have made a lot of adjustments and will take a lot of testing. As well my current layout is tailored my mod.

While Soviets is straight forward, Ostheer is not. One reason of my mod is how bad the Ostheer teching structure is. While maybe in most games you can skip one structure, you will probably build t1, t2, t3. This makes the battle phase system to have extra steps when each step. Prime example is battle phase 3. If the cost of T4 and battlephase 3 was combined, it would be no difference. Additionally, I am assuming you do not want the Ostheer Weapon Racks.

For OKW, how would you have the interactions work with the prefab bases work with the SWS halftracks? All to build as many as you want? Still limit to one? The ability to build units on the field from the mechanized HQ would be pointless. I could sync up a deployment of a halftrack to the base building at home. Such as lay down the Mechanized HQ from the SWS. Once it starts building, the corresponding building at home would also build.

Much more complex than I originally thought. I would say too much work, better to invest the time into your last mod so it’s the best it can be. -_-

So yeah, don’t spend the extra time. Thank you for reply!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★