Login

russian armor

How you play Wehr vs USF? [2019 WCC]

20 Oct 2019, 05:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53z2oDHRNKk

I followed tightrope, and this particular cast hits me home straight.

The part when tightrope Wehr vs Devm Usf.

The same struggles i get playing the same lineup. I can be winning or matching Usf in each engagements but somehow they keep coming back and suddenly a tank, a pershing(etc here) comes out and just over run my hold

It is like, why? Im bleeding Usf, perhaps even doing better. But they keep finding the resources to out last tightrope/me?

Help!

Beside so far seems Allies factions are winning, at least from Tightrope casts..
20 Oct 2019, 08:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's always a big disillusion when you analyse a game through your own PoV, specially while playing. Replay > live feelings.

First of all, skillgap. When he is analysing his group, he already says he has little chances to go forward. DevM has been one of the BEST USF players through CoH2 history.

Whenever you are playing someone who is way better than you, you need to play without blunders, have RNG on your side and know when you need to go for the risky "plays". Opportunities will not appear often and in playing safely and standard, it's more than likely that you will lose the game. Play to win, not play to not lose.

Early game he was doing pretty well, on top of getting a weird wipe on that Rifle squad (in the sense of a heavy mistake on DevM part).

Even after wiping a Rifle, he gets outplayed (4m).
2 Grens top vs 1 Rifle. He went close range against the Rifle while sitting with Gren in house which was barely shooting. That should had been a decisive win instead of losing models and so much HP on one of those grens.
MG + Gren vs Rifle and later LT. Get's baited by Rifle, LT force retreat on MG and later 2v1 forces retreat on all Grens and Pios.

Combat/map flow get's reset to neutral point.

Tech choice: he decides to go for a 4th Grenadier. He probably gets BP1 in fear of seeing the LT and thinking that he would need the 222 to counter the M20.
Munition went to flamer and LMG. Guess what, Devm went heavy mines. Indecisiveness in getting a medic bunker which would later be punished.
Wild guess, you don't go RET sweeper that early unless you are scared of sneaky teller cause you plan on rushing a AAHT/Stuart.
You would see how he regrets not getting a sniper sooner.

10 mins into the game and "it's over". He entered full panic mode/damage control. You are no longer proactive, you are just reactive. You are running left and right trying to put down small fires while the flames keep growing up.

He then had 2 chances to recover. Stay at T2 and spend resources on units instead of BP2 + T3 and later the moment the Pershing goes over to his base, if he had the pak in position, he could had killed it with the surprise PIV.

Playing without picking a commander didn't help neither.
20 Oct 2019, 08:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

2nd game was painful to see at the end.

Right before he lost his sniper and his line collapsed i was thinking: please get a mortar. Please get a MHT.

The call for the game winning move. Smoke, blitz. Anything. He had that 2nd game. Some bad RNG but some miss-micro as well.
20 Oct 2019, 20:38 PM

Permanently Banned
You don't play Ost vs USF. USF stomps Ost with the rifle buff fully intended to make them balanced vs OKW while screwing over Ost which Relic/bal team may have intentionally ignored or believed in the argument "wEll gRenS dON'T fiGhT riFles aT sHorT rAnGE aNywaYs, sO wHAt's tHe ProBLEm?"

Best way to play Ost vs USF right now is to skip grens entirely, get 3mg2pio on entirely open maps, otherwise 2mg2pio rush pgrens and T2. If mech in USF loadout, keep the mgs together and cover each other's behinds and bait the truck into them with pios. Lt = schreck, Capt = pak. Then spam T3 vehicles and keep the aggression on with mass pgren flanks.
20 Oct 2019, 20:41 PM

I like VonIvan’s approach. 1 gren, 2 assgrens and 1 pgrens, alonside the pgren 250 and try to get 1-2 wipes before the AAHT/Stuart hits the field.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★