Stormless & A_E present...
King of The Hill | Season 2
The King of the Hill is a 'winner stays on' competition which offers a chance to win money whilst promoting high-level play. Prize money is increased for the longer someone is able to keep their throne, winning consecutive games in a row. In order to be the King, you must defeat the current King! Contesters to the throne are chosen via an array of methods as decided by... The Wheel of Fate
If you'd like to talk about the tournament or keep updated, join the official Discord channel for the event - Join Discord
When there is no King, a game of Attrition will be played by 2 players voted from the selection pool. The winner will be King.
You can download the attrition game mode here - Download Attrition
Standard Game Rules
- Game Mode - 1v1, 500 VP's. All games played in the latest December Balance Preview (DBP) patch
- Best of - All games are single elimination
- Starting Positions - Allies start in position 1 or 2, Axis start in position 3 or 4
- Bulletins - All bulletins are allowed
- Commanders - No restrictions
- Factions - All factions are allowed
- Matchups - No mirror matches allowed. All games are Allies vs Axis
- Observer Settings - Please set observer delay to 3 minutes
- Disconnects - Any disconnect after 5 minutes OR squad loss is a loss
- Trolling - Trolling by any participant will result in a full non-revokable ban for the rest of this season
Each player may only contest the throne 1 time each week.
If the King is dethroned, he can not contest the throne again in the same week.
The Challenger to the throne picks the map first.
The King then selects their faction
The Challenger then selects their counter faction.
- Arnhem Checkpoint
- Crossing in the Woods
- Faymonville Approach
- Kholodny Ferma
- La Gleize Breakout
- Lost Glider
- Road to Kharkov
- Semoisky Winter
The tournament is scheduled for most Sunday's at 14:00 GMT. This may change occasionally and I communicate this via twitter but please check the weekly schedule posted on my channel for more information (www.twitch.tv/stormless)
This tournament is designed to encourage high-level play in the community. You must meet the following eligibility requirements to signup to the player's list:
- Ranked top 100 1v1 for at least 1 Allied Faction & 1 Axis Faction
- Active Steam ID for primary account to be supplied
Please register your interest to play in this thread by posting your SteamID
In order to play, you must be in the Steam community chat room when voting is taking place- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/stormlessUK
You will be marked as 'available' to play based provided you are present in the chat room for each voting session.
The prize pool is entirely decided by donations and support.
King of the Hill Season 2 is introducing three ways to support the CoH2 community tournament scene.
- Direct Donations to the stream
- Purchase of 'King of the Hill' Faceplates on the in-game store
The prizes for this tournament are as follows.
THESE PRIZES WILL CHANGE AS THE PRIZE POOL INCREASES
1st Game Win - Become King of the Hill
2nd Win - £40.00 Prize Pool
Any following win - £20.00 added to Prize Pool
Prizes will be paid on the first of every month. Please make sure that you have a PayPal account for funds to be paid. If you can't create one, please get in touch directly.
We are very grateful to have prizes to give out from Relic Entertainment & Discord!
There will be prizes in the form of:
- Livestream raffles for viewers
- Highlights competition in Discord - Join Discord
- Subscriber only giveaways (This will be in the Subscriber Barracks on my Discord) - Join Discord
Casting will take place on www.twitch.tv/Stormless
VoD's will be listed on www.youtube.com/AECoH
To be found in this YouTube playlist.
Process for playing
Signed players must be present in the 'Stormless' Steam group - StormlessUK