Can anyone here help me out on this one? See if there's a way to successfully transfer mod files from one pack to another for separate editing and publishing? Really need to get that alternative version going as soon as I could. Thanks a lot! ^u^
I did this a week or two ago when I did a "try again" on the mod I was working on. Let's see if I can remember what I did...
I assume you started by creating a new mod with nothing in it, in order to get the unique ID numbers. Save both the mod and the contents of the attribute editor. (If the latter won't save without changes, make a trivial change so there will be something to save.) Then your directory should have a .mod and a .xml, both with the same new guid in them. (The .mod is just an xml file. It gives the guid down at the bottom, with hyphens inserted, but otherwise the same as what the .xml says.)
Then when you copy the instances into the new mod folder, you have to search all their xml files for 'mod=', and change the big number to match your new guid (without they hyphens). I suspect the items with the wrong 'mod=' are what is causing all the invalid references.
That sounds like it will be a lot of editing in your case. I'm not familiar with Windows development tools, but if you happen to be a Linux user you can copy the files over and use sed or something to do a global replace from the command line.
Hopefully that's all it takes, or at least will get you far enough to figure anything else out. Sorry my memory isn't better...
I'm getting the feeling that mods are really going to be a pain to maintain.