GG WP on both sides. Nice partisan usage and mining by Dane. Incredible how you survived with no map control.
Thread: Snipers16 Mar 2014, 23:53 PM
I mostly agree with the OP and since I am too lazy to type too much, let me link another thread with my suggestions: http://www.coh2.org/topic/14104/sssss
Thread: Such BS16 Mar 2014, 20:35 PM
Yeah, double (triple) snipers are pure BS. Relic should fix snipers and there are so many easy ways of doing so (for example having a limit of 1 sniper squad on the field at any given time, same as artillery officer).
But as it has been said in the shout box before: One does not simply... fix the snipers
Sorry I can`t help you.
Very good game, wubbed.
Sniper balance? There is none. /thread
But seriously, whenever I loose a game, even though there may be smaller imbalances, I generally feel it was my fault, I know what I could have done better. And such losses are OK, they feel fair, I don`t feel bad about them because they mean improvement and improving is part of the fun.
There is one major exception though and that is snipers. Whenever I loose to sniper strats it doesn`t feel fair at all, it`s "Oh the enemy went for snipers and I didn`t have enough luck so it`s a default loss."
Such games are meaningless. Since there is no real counter to snipers there is no real lesson/improvememnt to be had from such losses (for nitpickers: obviously you get better in general the more you play). And that sucks camel balls.
BTW Before I get accused of just qq-ing and not being constructive about it - I created a thread called "SSSSS" where I suggested various possible solutions (and I am not gonna copypasta).
Thread: SSSSS22 Feb 2014, 04:37 AM
Well the new patch has arrived and unsurprisingly still no sniper fix. (And no, guards being 2 CP doesn`t matter. Guards are not the problem, they are actually rather weak and replaceable anyway.)
So enjoy some more of "countering" the snipers the old fashioned way (i.e. just bend over and take it) and don`t forget to type the GG afterwards.
Except sniper m3 is easy to beat... TA on langres isn't, but okay bud.
Oh yeah it`s so super-easy to beat, that`s why you (ab)used it in quarter finals of a tournamnet and so many ppl do in on ladder... oh wait.
(Just to be clear, I am not blaming you for doing so. The state of the game is Relic`s responsibility, players are naturally trying to win with the options they`ve been given by the game.)
Hilarious, I still can`t stop laughing
Thread: SSSSS15 Feb 2014, 12:48 PM
Are you having fun playing against sniper + scout car into double sniper all the time? Enjoying praying to the RNG god to bless your mortar/MHT? Or are you just loving getting bled dry of manpower without being able to actually counter it?
I didn`t think so.
Here go the suggestions, from the least interesting to perhaps more interesting:
- The simplest one: remove 1 squad member. Reducing survivability so that even just a lower blessing of the RNG god may suffice. But we know how Relic loves this asymetrical sniper situation, what a clever innovation compared to coh1! So this is not gonna happen.
- Make soviet snipers doctrinal. Swapping with the 45mm AT gun would work very well. Soviets would get another non-doctrinal AT which they desperatly need and going for snipers would mean no call-in tanks, IL2, PPSHs etc. So it would be an indirect nerf by forcing a trade-off. But we know that Relic doesn`t really want to change the commanders, who knows where would that rabbit hole lead. So that is not gonna happen.
- Set a limit to having max 1 sniper squad at the field at any given time, same as the artillery officer. Doesn`t really solve the OP problem, but it`s definitely easier to live with the bleed from just 1 sniper squad. Plus the forced insta-retreats on german 4-man squads caused by double sniper wouldn`t happen.
- Add set-up time to sniper squads, same as HMGs and mortars. Not only its more realistic, but it would mean less flexibility and higher fragility for the snipers compared to the current run-around-shooting-gallery + insta-retreat style. The result would be obvious - defensive use of snipers rather than an offensive one. Also sniper flanking would become a thing. Now even when flanked one guy usually survives if retreat is popped instantly.
- Change the german mortar ability, instead of the mostly useless counter-barrage, lets have something like "sniper watch" - the mortar only fires at sniper squads but has significantly increased accuracy, lets say 70% for example. That way you actually have a way of countering snipers by creating a no-go zone with your mortar instead of just praying to the RNG god. Switching mortar modes and trying to bait the snipers in might become a nice piece of micromanagement. Plus we would get rid of the current and mostly useless german mortar ability so it`s two birds with one stone.
Discuss if you feel like it and have nothing better to do.
One more tip: whenever you order your engis/pios to lay down mines shift-click them away from the mines, preferably to nearby cover.
You don`t want them to stand next to the finished mines since many units (tanks, mortars or even infantry using grenades) that might attack the engis/pios will usually trigger the mines which will result in you loosing both the mines and the engi/pio squad.