Login

russian armor

OKW split map control = getting run over by allied tanks

11 Oct 2019, 01:13 AM

OKW early to mid game has 2 paths: either have good map control, which has been made harder due to inf nerf, or have split/poor early map control which equates to getting run over sooner or later by allied armor. If you go flak halftrack instead of puma with split/poor map control you basically have no armor until late game and will tread a fine line trying to hold it together unless you got mad skill.

Split map control shouldn't equate to being run over by allied tanks, especially us and soviet, while trying to keep it together long enough to get armor, adding to the fact that volks are now a joke in early game versus every single allied inf unit.
11 Oct 2019, 01:26 AM

Considering we played a few hours ago on Ladoga, I have some pointers for you to help. I do have a lv16 okw (gotta start playing again lul) so I think these should be valid.

First of all you, you split your Sturm and your Volks at the start. This is a huge no-no. Your sturms stay next to your Volks to keep rifles from closing in. Volks beat rifles from range, but you need Sturms to keep them there.

You then had 2 volks at the south fuel squaring off against my 1 rifle in green cover. I left the rifle there because it was keeping 2 volks busy, allowing me to put more pressure at the north. Since you have such an advantage, close in and force a close range matchup then get back to capping.

I'd say never ever go Flak HT vs LT. M20 can damage it, AP rounds on 50 cal can damage it, Stuart can bully it relentlessly. Just put the med hq down, get a raketen or two, then go for Flak HQ to get your Falls upgraded asap.

Overall I'd say your decisions need some work. Your build order was fine imo, just be more careful with which engagements you pick in terms of benefits and capping. I learned a lot by watching high level 1v1 streams and how they cap so hard early on to get a fast LV.
11 Oct 2019, 01:42 AM

Considering we played a few hours ago on Ladoga, I have some pointers for you to help. I do have a lv16 okw (gotta start playing again lul) so I think these should be valid.

First of all you, you split your Sturm and your Volks at the start. This is a huge no-no. Your sturms stay next to your Volks to keep rifles from closing in. Volks beat rifles from range, but you need Sturms to keep them there.

You then had 2 volks at the south fuel squaring off against my 1 rifle in green cover. I left the rifle there because it was keeping 2 volks busy, allowing me to put more pressure at the north. Since you have such an advantage, close in and force a close range matchup then get back to capping.

I'd say never ever go Flak HT vs LT. M20 can damage it, AP rounds on 50 cal can damage it, Stuart can bully it relentlessly. Just put the med hq down, get a raketen or two, then go for Flak HQ to get your Falls upgraded asap.

Overall I'd say your decisions need some work. Your build order was fine imo, just be more careful with which engagements you pick in terms of benefits and capping. I learned a lot by watching high level 1v1 streams and how they cap so hard early on to get a fast LV.

ok, cool. I remember your name but not the match unfortunately hah. I dind't know volks were noticeably better than rifles at long range, at least from my experience they just grind each other down when in equal cover.
11 Oct 2019, 02:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Flak HT is not something i would recommend to everyone, but i don't think it's a never to build unit. It can work against LT but you need something like PF schreck to cover for it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★