Login

russian armor

Effective use of assault grens for a T2 rush

2 Oct 2019, 15:55 PM

Hello fellow commanders. So I've been trying out the T2 rush playstyle/build, and since this strat is so heavy on assault grens, I was looking for ways to exploit my monstrous early game power. As of current I send one assault gren with an MG-42 and they try to attack where I know my enemy is in force, while the other 2 and the pios are capping/attacking other parts of the map. So far it has been working fine, but I don't have too many games with this style under my belt and I could just be getting lucky.

So I'm curious should I not be splitting up my forces like this, and keep my troops closer together/more directly supporting each other like traditional wher should? Or am I supposed to spread out and abuse the superiority of my individual units?

Furthermore if I force a unit to make a soft retreat should I pursue to force a full retreat/mp bleed, or just go back and cap?
5 Oct 2019, 12:13 PM

I can't really make assault grens work. I just feel they eat wa too much lead until they can close the distance. Even when I can make a squad retreat, I do have to retreat shortly after. And in the late game they kinda suck.

For me, they work well when they're close to the MG, because they can destroy flanking enemies.

I am also torn on whether I should get 2 or 3 squads.
28 Oct 2019, 17:34 PM

put 2 ass grens in a 251.
send them into enemy and unload
reinforce and heal them in the 251

could work
28 Oct 2019, 17:50 PM

I wouldn't go T2 with Assault Grenadiers, unless you're using Strategic Reserves as commander.
28 Oct 2019, 18:52 PM

Pairing up your units in the early game is a very good way to play.

If your mg and Assgrens go to the middle of the map though they risk running into the entire enemy army.

Many games will begin in earnest with the first 2 assgrens and mg converging to make an aggressive play.

I would try to time the use of your sprint such that soft retreats are not viable options. Sprinting into a unit that is suppressed at max range by an mg or from around corner is a great way to maximize value

1 Feb 2020, 03:50 AM

Open maps = assault granadiers dead
Urban / cqc maps = assault granadiers awesome

Use truesight to get less gap to close,
Also you can use Smoke mortar shells in order to keep your movements hided.
Try to rush 1 assault granadier 1 mortar mortar and rush tier 1 so you can use assault granadier skill (pretty awesome vs mgs in buildings, for more effect throw the skill in front of a door.

Assault granadiers shouls be uses when normal granadiers have problems

Pz granadiers have better overall synergy with vehicles than assault granadiers, in midgame situation assault granadiers have problems to fight others cqc units, pzgranadiers can kill some models and use his granade for better effect vs comandos, shocks, etc.

Normally i mix normal granadiers with assault granadiers due to have pxfaust at hand (if not you get eaten alive by allied light vehicles).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★