Login

russian armor

Mobile Defense Doctrine

16 Sep 2019, 23:50 PM

Move to T0,request P2 or T2+cp ?
17 Sep 2019, 00:15 AM

The whole commander is woeful at present.

Counter attack tactics is decent, but nothing amazing
Panzer Tactician is good.
Osttruppen should be removed. They're useless, and don't fit the theme of the doctrine. Would suggest to replace it with a buildable 250 HT akin to German Infantry.
Puma's placement currently makes it entirely unattractive. I still say to lock it behind T2 and or Leichte Mechanized, or perhaps with a sidetech.
If Command Panzer IV+Puma combo is the issue, remove it from the doctrine. I agree with a previous post to replace it with a King Tiger. Would make the doctrine both viable and interesting.
17 Sep 2019, 02:48 AM

The Panic Puma was a good design, sadly it was overused because of its flexibility. To be able to stall and tech until things go south then take control back with Puma was not wrong. The problem was the doctrine allowed the player to keep up with the game after that with CP4, ending the game or delaying it enough to recover from the "borrowed time". IMO that was too much.

To enable the commander again should be the main objective, Puma or CP4 can be removed. If instead of LV call in you implement an infantry call in you recover the design but without midgame-lategame potential.

Either that or make Puma again a call-in, remove CP4, and make Pumas more expensive, the new Pgren should pair up pretty well with it as it is.
17 Sep 2019, 04:53 AM

T2 plus CP 5, for me, based on my frustrations with the current arrangement.
17 Sep 2019, 06:34 AM

I keep insisting on making it a command puma. The point would be that it can be limited to only one puma at a time and be more expensive, while having the same combat characteristics (and some command abilities, up for discussion). So while it keeps it's panic puma nature it's also a major setback at teching for the ostheer player and cannot be spammed.
I mean we have a similar model with the british command valentine and it's not picked 9/10 times.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 29
Germany 744
unknown 21
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L