Login

russian armor

Summer Patch broke my mod?

11 Sep 2019, 09:19 AM

Greetings,

My Luftwaffe Angriff mod is now broken with the new patch. But only when I play UK. I can play against it with no problem. I can drop all its buildings & units in no problem as a nother player & they work fine.

It is just when you get to the press any key screen on setting up a new game against the computer it gives a white screen then CTDs.

I have rebuilt & cleaned the mod through ModBuilder. I have tried copying the base versions of non unit files over my mod files. Nit nothing is letting me play a game.

Please not that this is not the STEAM version, as I have been updating it over the last week.

Has anyone bumped into something like this & is there a cure or way to fathom what is causing the error???

Thanks in advance. Don't want to leave 30,000 users hanging.

Chris
11 Sep 2019, 09:32 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Patches often break mods, mostly due to renamed files or replaced files (new ID's). It is strange that you can play against it, but not with it. Perhaps it is related to commanders in your loadout? Have you checked the warnings.log?

Edit:
The modding tools have not received the update yet. This makes it hard to fix because the game uses newer files then the modding tools. It might save you some time to wait for that update. I expect it within 1 week.
The modding tools update is released already.
11 Sep 2019, 20:34 PM

Have cured this, will leave the how here in case another modder bumps into the same issue & this turns up in a search.

I went back into the Instances of the tuning pack & examined every file changed In the time-window that the error occurred.

I discovered that I had left some units with 2x:
attributes\abilities\global\army_item_abilities\army_item_global_cover_training
This caused the game to spit the dummy on loading for human. But oddly allowed the AI to play it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★