Login

russian armor

SNF5 predictions and speculations

29 Oct 2013, 15:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Who will be the first of the invitee list to get kicked out?
What will be the winrate for the Germans vs Soviets
Will Ami be able to find the commanders in the table this time? :D
Who should we look out for in the tournament?
Viewercount?

I'd say from the invitee list Siberian looks the strongest followed by BartonPL. This doesnt say much since I have no idea how good sepha/devm/twister are currently.
I think Germans will have a solid 60-65 winrate.
Should look out for andiyisrippin and ipkaifung

What do you think!?
29 Oct 2013, 15:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Look out for DanielD!
29 Oct 2013, 15:34 PM

If someone has the time they could keep a running list of a few key data points from the tourney games to share with the community. Or make a public excel sheet online that people can contribute to spread out the workload.

Average game length, win rate by faction, faction win rate by map (and starting location), commander choice, etc etc

could be good talking points down the line
29 Oct 2013, 15:34 PM

I'd place my bets on Ivan and Sib. But maybe Sepha will rock it again :D
29 Oct 2013, 15:49 PM

sepha hasnt played in months. if he wins id be very disappointed
29 Oct 2013, 16:44 PM

I would love it if a vcoh veteran would make a comeback and take it all. They have enough time to get into the metagame, maps and stuff.

From the new cats Andy or OMGPOP might be the strongest, but its a long tourney and maybe some new names will make the scene.

As for me, I'll try and trash some newbs in the first round, every next round after that will be hard for me. Might win some games, might not, it all depends on who i'll be playing against.

And i'm hoping this tourney will create some sort of hype, so old and new coh player will come back.

May the best man win.

29 Oct 2013, 17:30 PM

Going to be hard to see which gets eliminated first, shepa and devm due to how little they have played in the last few months, are the weakest invites but they also have the easiest paths to be honest, so they could go far if they crap just enough games in this last week.

It is going to be pretty easy for most of the invites regardless of their skill, because most of the best players didn't get invited and are seeded outside of the top 8 and therefore will be seeded against good players in the 16 to 24 range for the round of 32 while most of the invites will get the 25-32 players which is where the drop off starts. Of course this is assuming no major upsets in the round of 64. If an invite doesn't make it to the round of 16 they clearly didn't prepare for the tourney or some good player got seeded higher then their true skill. The round of 16 should when most of them fall since it will be first time they should have to play the 9-16 players or whoever knocked them out and they won't be able to hide if they aren't good anymore.

who to look out for? Players seeded 9-32, most of them will kill each other in the r32 but those who emerge will be some of the best players in coh2.

ami probably will find the right ones plus he only has to cast two series where he is likely to have someone knowledgeable with the game with him.

I think a light German slant, all depends if relic decides to release a patch just before the tourney and what changes it has.
29 Oct 2013, 17:41 PM

A patch right before the tourney starts would be awesome because I love seeing people make excuses, and watching people create strategies as a tournament progresses is fascinating/shows who really understands the game.

I bet holyhammer is out first, people are discussing his raging now and he seems like the type who'll let it mess with his mental game. Then again Barton has dropped some games to average players recently so he's not a bad bet for another early upset.

I got a bit bored of the vCoH meta by the end, and missed being excited for SNF. Looking forward to listening to Ami hoot and holler like a pro sports caster.
29 Oct 2013, 18:02 PM

Siberian is a crap player, potential early upset! ;) I haven't really practiced for this tournament per say so I am hoping you guys will kick my ass thoroughly <444>3
29 Oct 2013, 18:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Looks like I am going to be the first out if I can't get the weekend off work. I booked it off ages in advance as well ffs. Sorry guys =/
29 Oct 2013, 18:12 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Nice thread. :thumb: I thought of creating an offsite poll (there are lots of cool sites that do polls with fancy graphics n stuff), but I fear a certain group would just spam them with votes, so what would be the point.

Inverse and I are currently working on a tourney registration system that will allow people to check themselves in. Dunno if it will be ready by Saturday, but we'll surely have it ready for the Second Quali Tourney. Then after that it would be nice to finally make some coh2.org polls.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I have no idea who we be showcasing on the first episode of #SNF5. That kinda makes it more exciting!

29 Oct 2013, 18:44 PM

My dark-horse for SNF would be Von Ivan. Has the mentality to stay calm when shit hits the fan in games and his soviet play is very strong. His slightly lower micro then others and Osteer play could let him down though, making him an outside bet imo.

Out of the invitee's, I think if Siberian does his homework on opponents, he is very good at understanding the game as shown by his finals vs Barton in the wifi tourny and if he raises his game for the tourny as he usually does, he stands a decent shout and would be my pick of the bunch.

Finally, i'm Irish, so if the RNG gods are smiling and Irish eyes, who knows...;)
29 Oct 2013, 22:10 PM

Looks like I am going to be the first out if I can't get the weekend off work. I booked it off ages in advance as well ffs. Sorry guys =/

now we got to wait even longer to find out what VonIvan thinks he invented as his new unbeatable strat :(
29 Oct 2013, 22:33 PM

My moneys on Seph.
30 Oct 2013, 05:10 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I made a poll. I couldn't resist. Pick the two players that will make it to #SNF5 Contender Bout #1.

Also post your picks here. ;)

http://strawpoll.me/624694
30 Oct 2013, 06:21 AM
Donator 33

Sepha will be first out of invites showing up, but it will be nice to see him none the less :)
30 Oct 2013, 07:50 AM
Donator 11

I made a poll. I couldn't resist. Pick the two players that will make it to #SNF5 Contender Bout #1.

Also post your picks here. ;)

http://strawpoll.me/624694

You should do another one Ami with question something along the lines "Who do you want to win the quali tourney?"
30 Oct 2013, 08:19 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2013, 07:50 AMThrill

You should do another one Ami with question something along the lines "Who do you want to win the quali tourney?"

Why? Oo
30 Oct 2013, 08:29 AM
Donator 11

On GR before CoH1 tourney usually there was a double poll with 2 questions:
Who do you think will win?
Who do you want to win?

It was some kind of indication of popularity. I actually miss those polls :). Bring them back!
30 Oct 2013, 08:38 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2013, 08:29 AMThrill
It was some kind of indication of popularity. I actually miss those polls :). Bring them back!

Again, why?

Is this somekind of popularity contest?

Don't understand this at all.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment