Login

russian armor

Two changes that would dramatically improve the early game.

28 Oct 2013, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2013, 20:03 PMUGBEAR
I think give the cons a single or twin DP-28 upgrade for 30~60 munition after player build T1 or T2 is also a option

DPs are awful weapons. You'd need 3 of them in a squad to match one single LMG42, and even then they'd be obviously far worse because they'd need 3 models standing still all the time and would not tend to focus on the same target.
28 Oct 2013, 20:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2013, 20:47 PMCruzz

DPs are awful weapons. You'd need 3 of them in a squad to match one single LMG42, and even then they'd be obviously far worse because they'd need 3 models standing still all the time and would not tend to focus on the same target.

at least you have something to scale up tiny little bit
28 Oct 2013, 21:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2013, 20:51 PMUGBEAR

at least you have something to scale up tiny little bit

Well my point is that giving conscripts a weapon upgrade much weaker and more limiting than the LMG42, that many high level players already choose to not get on guards because it's way overpriced for performance, is a bad idea especially as the guard version gives an ability that the conscript version obviously wouldn't.

Of course if you're saying DPs should be buffed along with being made available to conscripts, then I could see it working. But it would basically make both of the basic infantry units play much the same and would mesh horribly with the ppsh upgrades.
28 Oct 2013, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2013, 21:04 PMCruzz

Well my point is that giving conscripts a weapon upgrade much weaker and more limiting than the LMG42, that many high level players already choose to not get on guards because it's way overpriced for performance, is a bad idea especially as the guard version gives an ability that the conscript version obviously wouldn't.

Of course if you're saying DPs should be buffed along with being made available to conscripts, then I could see it working. But it would basically make both of the basic infantry units play much the same and would mesh horribly with the ppsh upgrades.

Like the LMG42 already outshines the G43, what's wrong with DP being global and ppsh being doctrine?

It's not about what if people choice the PPSH doctrine, it's about people choice the doctrine without the PPSH upgrade
28 Oct 2013, 22:58 PM

buying 1 mg makes the meta boring?

As a requirement for any strat that has cons in it? yes. Does the mg42 need to be buffed to better fill it's role atm? yes. But not if cons are buffed in a way that forces me to build it every game, regardless of it he spams cons. I prefer choice of support units depending what is built, not something that everyone will be building unless they go assgrens, which would be probably crap with a buff to cons with ppshs so much earlier.
29 Oct 2013, 01:39 AM

soviet tech upgrades like the germans.... omg that would fix so many things! yet, nobody agrees with me! i guess when a good idea comes along people are just to scared to change.
29 Oct 2013, 02:26 AM

soviet tech upgrades like the germans.... omg that would fix so many things! yet, nobody agrees with me! i guess when a good idea comes along people are just to scared to change.

Explain these tech changes
29 Oct 2013, 04:59 AM
Benefactor 360

Wanting the factions to be different is not being afraid of change, but nice try with the rhetoric.
29 Oct 2013, 18:16 PM

Penals are great units, but the high cost of sov tech, the time it takes to build, as well as the high MP cost of penals make it prohibitive to field them in the early game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★