Login

russian armor

UKF Advanced Assembly Engineers

19 Aug 2019, 14:01 PM

I noticed that unlike all other dispatched automatic repair engineers (ostheer - repair bunker, soviet - repair station, okw - mechanized regiment hq) the ones on the UKF Advanced Assembly upgrade, found in Advanced Emplacements Regiment doctrine, do their repairing job even when the vehicle or emplacement they are repairing is in combat.
This greatly adds to advanced emplacement sim cities being hard to bring down, experiencing it now from both sides. I believe this is rather an overlooked bug than an intended feature.
19 Aug 2019, 14:15 PM

As much as everyone dislikes Sim City, the automatrons would be useless if they couldn't repair in combat. The bigger problem is that they instantly respawn after being killed.
19 Aug 2019, 14:28 PM

That also means they get killed by indirect fire more often tho.

I also think all AI engineers should be able to repair friendly structures as well, not just the British ones.
19 Aug 2019, 14:31 PM

Imo they shouldn't repair in combat, it just frees up too much micro tax for the sim citying player. I mean when I do it, I just have to check on the emplacement every so often, but for the majority of times I can focus on my mobile army.
If for example a mortar is barraging an emplacement, then outrepairing the damage without player input shouldn't be a thing, instead the player should actively counter the threat. I would be ok with the automatrons repairing in idle times, I mean it already means that I don't have to assign any mobile combat infantry units for repairing duties.
19 Aug 2019, 14:48 PM

That also means they get killed by indirect fire more often tho.

Well that doesn't matter if they are bugged to have instant respawn. :foreveralone:
19 Aug 2019, 15:52 PM

The Advanced Assembly is all that's propping up SimCity.

I suggest we pull that last pillar out.
19 Aug 2019, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 15:52 PMLago
The Advanced Assembly is all that's propping up SimCity.

I suggest we pull that last pillar out.

And refund all the players who bought the commander?
19 Aug 2019, 19:47 PM

Well that doesn't matter if they are bugged to have instant respawn. :foreveralone:

Huh, didn't know that.

So I guess this thing really is due for a complete rework, I'd reckon most of the abilities would need to be downright replaced instead of just tweaked a bit.

Problem is that you could only do so much with it, I mean I have no other idea than adding a 25 pounder emplacement to it perhaps, remove both the advanced assembly and fortifications upgrade, or maybe just fix the engineers, I really don't know.

I got an idea about a defensive centered regiment but it would not involve emplacements as much, I guess it would focus more on the sappers and include tank traps, perhaps a buildable MG nest, said 25 pounder emplacement and so on but I feel like the UKF needs an IS centered regiment instead since a lot of commanders already give the Sappers some bonuses but the IS are constantly left in the mud.
19 Aug 2019, 20:08 PM

I think the entire commander should be reworked from the ground up with an entirely different (less cancerous) theme. I would say the same about emplacements too since they're incredibly annoying but super niche and terrible at high level play but also super annoying and boring to play against and even with, but it's a bit late for that.
20 Aug 2019, 14:10 PM

Nope.

Relic didn't refund any of the other nightmare commanders when they got (rightly) smashed with the nerf hammer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★