Login

russian armor

Basic/standard build orders?

• This thread is locked
22 Oct 2013, 16:09 PM

Hey guys. I'm a returning player and haven't played the game in a couple of months. I was hoping someone could give me some decent build orders/opening for both armies to help me get reacquainted with the game.

Back when I played soviets mostly did 3 conscript openings and then got snipers in scout cars or flame engineers in cars and germans were more varied usually something like 2 grens and an mg, not sure whats being used much today but I just want to know what I should generally be aiming for as both armies.

Is it still good to get scout cars as soviets or should I try to get a t-70 instead?
22 Oct 2013, 16:34 PM

The standard meta builds seem to be:

Soviet:

5 conscripts, molotovs, AT nades, Tier 2, T70 or T34. Take a PPSH commander. Add in AT guns, guards, shocks or a mortar as needed.

But, depending on map and the opponent, the old 3 con -> sniper is fine if you can manage them. M3s are fun but kind of underwhelming and the Ostheer have a couple of strats now (Ostruppen spam into T2, pure grenspam kinda as well) that shut them down.

Tier 2 Tier 3 seems generally very popular, some people still play T1-T4, and a fair few go conscript spam Tier 1 Tier 3.

Ostheer:

Usually it's Tier 1, between three and five grens (add LMGs to taste), and often an MG. Follow it with a halftrack, pgrens with shrek and then P-IVs. I think the meta's moved back from the bit where I'd see loads of Panthers. Tigers are more popular than ever.

If you have the DLC commanders, Ostruppen spam is OP and Assault Grenadiers into whatever you like is very viable if you want to do something a bit different.
23 Oct 2013, 08:34 AM

For Soviets:
3 conscripts then molotovs. Then you usually want to make a choice of what to tech to or whether you want more conscripts.

For Germans:
3 grens and an MG in any order. Then make a choice of what you will need based on what your opponent is doing(sniper if getting defensive, mortar if using buildings, more grens and whatnot).
25 Oct 2013, 05:54 AM

for 2v2s, i'd usually go for 2x conscripts -> support company -> mortars/mg -> guards + AT guns. then its t3/t4 for t34s or su76/85.

once i have all these units, game's fairly simple, hit and bombard enemy positions. while saving for isu 152 before i move to completely break defensive points.

with the guards + isu 152 premium commander. i find this commander one of the best, solid elite infantry that can support against light vehicles and general infantry deterrent. a heavy tank call in for late game power. off map bombing runs to break their positions or nuke stunned/button tigers/elefants.

seriously, guards and isu152 have so much synergy together. the staying power of guards provides more than enough time for isu152 to completely destroy stuff.
25 Oct 2013, 08:25 AM

con, con, con, molly, at nade, T1, scout car, sniper, t4, su85 spam
can be mixed with other commanders ie: 120mm and guards in the guards motor doctrine
shocks in the shock doctrines
ppsh's, is2's, t3485's and isu's etc
14 Apr 2017, 20:59 PM

For Germans: Grenadier X3/X4, MG, Sniper/MG/Mortar/Nothing, Pak40/Panzergrenadiers with Bazooka, Panzergrenadier/Flak-car/Transport, Stug III, Panzer IV, Stug III.
14 Apr 2017, 21:22 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Welcome to the forums. If you check the date of either the posts or thread, you'll realise that it's quite some time since anyone commented in it.

IF you want to discuss a simil thread feel free to open a new thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★