Login

russian armor

Missing Buildings on Tactical Maps

22 Oct 2013, 12:57 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's funny that no one has spotted this before. Or if they have my mistake but I noticed that during the process of writing my new Ostheer guide I noticed that there a number of missing structures from tactical maps. Here are a few examples:

22 Oct 2013, 13:29 PM

Permanently Banned
what you expect? relic is in hawai with the money from p2w dlc-s. Btw i guess they werenot houses in the past but they putted them for balance thing, like the wood wall in semoiskiy loading screen.
22 Oct 2013, 13:54 PM

The tactical maps aren't very good to begin with. They are in a very low resolution and many things like little forests are a complete mess of grey blur.
I hope they can be replaced them with better versions once we have modding tools.

For better versions (for use in guides etc.) you can't even just extract them from the game files (with copernicus' sgaextractor) because those lack the sector borders. There is also a top-down "ingame" view of every map but those don't have visible sector borders either and they just end up being a big pile of white and gray for winter maps and a mix of brown and... brown? for summer maps.
22 Oct 2013, 14:01 PM

It is only supposed to show buildings that allow firing from 2 or more windows at all angles of attack on the tac map. the church has doors on each side no windows for example basically buildings that would provide 360 degree fire ability. but it also shows buildings that are blown up that would have 2 or more windows, so not sure.
22 Oct 2013, 14:15 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2013, 14:01 PMpgmoney
It is only supposed to show buildings that allow firing from 2 or more windows at all angles of attack on the tac map. the church has doors on each side no windows for example basically buildings that would provide 360 degree fire ability. but it also shows buildings that are blown up that would have 2 or more windows, so not sure.

Actually the church does have 360. There are windows above the doors.
22 Oct 2013, 14:22 PM

True Moscow outskirts doesn't show the church but klodony ferma does and it is same building with 1 window above door.
Well maybe just laziness on relics part.
At the same time rhzev shows 2 munitions points on loading game, but there is only 1
22 Oct 2013, 14:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hans, those tactical maps are all custom drawn in photoshop. They are not generated by worldbuilder itself. Thus, i think it is like someone else pointed out. Some buildings were added later in the process, when the tactical map was already drawn. Should be easy to fix, if they want to.
22 Oct 2013, 17:50 PM

The tactical map system has a lot of problems overall. For one, they're too zoomed out, showing portions of maps along the edges that are only there for units to walk in from, and you have that useless, outdated, skeuomorphic faux metal border around the thing taking up even more space.

All the while the overly large icons that get all mixed up.

Then there's the very poor placement of the hotkey to access the tactical map.

Funny thing is, CoH2 needs the tac map more than CoH2 due to the more numerous very long range weapons.
22 Oct 2013, 18:16 PM

Thank you for mentioning the hotkey, that bizarre placement plus the "grey blur" forests (there are so many forests in these maps) keeps me out of the tactical map completely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight