Login

russian armor

how to: Level 100 German Play

21 Oct 2013, 14:14 PM

bullshit, thats a "perfect scenario"
No plan survives the first contact intact
sorry

You could be friends with this other German-Hater at the replays.
21 Oct 2013, 16:05 PM

hmm nothing on how to counter mortars and AT barrage interesting...
21 Oct 2013, 16:28 PM

That's because anyone with a brain has already stopped responding to this troll thread.

Winning in this game is difficult for both sides. We'll let the stats speak to what side is relatively easier. I've made my opinion clear in many threads.

There are plenty of individual powerful, or exploitative, strategies for both sides. Just because there are those for one side or the other, doesn't mean that there isn't an overall balance issue that needs to be dealt with. After all, one of the reasons why those annoying strategies are left in is to offset other balance issues while a larger solution is worked on.

However, what is abundantly clear is that threads like this do not help at all.

The only reason I'm responding is that it's already at the top of the forum list, bumping it doesn't do anything.

Just ignore this thread from now on and let it drop off the page list.
21 Oct 2013, 16:39 PM

After the most recent patch which saw the MG42 made almost useless, I cant believe you've even had the front to write this.

I personally would to embarrassed to highlight my inability to deal with the one of the most basic principles of Coh2 in the form of flanking and crying Op

Its threads like this that are the reason for the current state of balance.

Fact is watch any high level soviet player you will see none of your points are valid. spend more time learning to play than moaning on here thats a good place to start.

21 Oct 2013, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2013, 16:39 PMr7Bashy

After the most recent patch which saw the MG42 made almost useless,

The realism in that post sort of sums up where this thread has gone.

Seriously folks, if someone wants to bitch about something he thinks is unbalanced, count to 20 before you reply. Don't wolfpack or gang-rape him.
21 Oct 2013, 17:07 PM

How people are still bitching about the MG42 is beyond me.
21 Oct 2013, 17:45 PM

this is an awful whine thread by chronic german-whiner sir muffin.

Call germans easy mode all you want:

Just because you dont know how to play vs them, doesnt mean the whole game is broken and should be remade from scratch.

Chances are your micro or tactics needs more practice, not game balance

I almost never call anyone out, and even rarer with "learn to play" rants because I like to be constructive, but seriously guy here's some food for thought for you:

1. Your soviet 1v1 record is 864th place, 79 wins to 73 losses. You arent playing good german players, you are losing to noobs. Noobs do things like spam MG42s because you aren't good enough to keep the pressure on them and run circles around them and they haven't learned that cheese strategies arent effective yet. Practice practice practice, not whine whine whine
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198016893993

2. Top tier players regularly win as soviets. If they can, why cant you? At the moment the current OP meta isnt mg42/tiger (seriously tigers man?) spam, its a fast t70 or even worse, vonivan's triple t70 cheese strategy (stalingrad blitz tactics). If there is anything close to a cheesy way to gain ranks, thats it.

I'm sure you dismiss my post because it doesnt fit your preconceived notion that you are a martyr of coh2 and the whole game is wrong--not you. Or maybe you just wanted attention, and have got it.

If 10 people tell you youre drunk... lie down.
21 Oct 2013, 19:41 PM

this is an awful whine thread by chronic german-whiner sir muffin.

Call germans easy mode all you want:

Just because you dont know how to play vs them, doesnt mean the whole game is broken and should be remade from scratch.

Chances are your micro or tactics needs more practice, not game balance

I almost never call anyone out, and even rarer with "learn to play" rants because I like to be constructive, but seriously guy here's some food for thought for you:

1. Your soviet 1v1 record is 864th place, 79 wins to 73 losses. You arent playing good german players, you are losing to noobs. Noobs do things like spam MG42s because you aren't good enough to keep the pressure on them and run circles around them and they haven't learned that cheese strategies arent effective yet. Practice practice practice, not whine whine whine
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198016893993

2. Top tier players regularly win as soviets. If they can, why cant you? At the moment the current OP meta isnt mg42/tiger (seriously tigers man?) spam, its a fast t70 or even worse, vonivan's triple t70 cheese strategy (stalingrad blitz tactics). If there is anything close to a cheesy way to gain ranks, thats it.

I'm sure you dismiss my post because it doesnt fit your preconceived notion that you are a martyr of coh2 and the whole game is wrong--not you. Or maybe you just wanted attention, and have got it.

If 10 people tell you youre drunk... lie down.

Amen.
21 Oct 2013, 21:36 PM

The game is actually quite balanced right now. There are some abilities that are either OP or UP, but overall, it's very manageable.
21 Oct 2013, 22:17 PM

Actually almost every 2v2 game, Ostheer ends up with Tiger spamming,

I'm Not going to complaning about lacking effective AT units again
21 Oct 2013, 23:17 PM

lol too true :)

buildings are so fricken op... snipers, flamers, moleys do shit against them on some maps....just mine the doors, use satchels or demos or something... thats the only way to stop buildings/mg combos on maps like semosky...

22 Oct 2013, 06:05 AM

proved wrong by the coh2 forums yet again

the problem isn't the tactics
its the map, more specifically the advantage the German player gets on the top of Road to Kharkov

sorry for being a bitch guys, i faced this exact same strat on moscow outskirts and completely wrecked him, and on kolod, and on semsoisky with great difficulty

in the future i shall play multiple games against a straight my stupid brain deems 'overpowered' before i open my silly mouth

sorry guys
22 Oct 2013, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2013, 13:40 PMUGBEAR

FHQ+120 Mortar+T-70+SU-85=Instant win

ATnade crits engine everytime?

Have you ever played your opposite side for once?

lol, you fool. I play mostly soviets and I just described how to win as Soviets. I'm talking 2v2. Soviets are extremely hard to beat in 2v2 if one players makes FHQ's in key positions.
22 Oct 2013, 15:02 PM

lol, you fool. I play mostly soviets and I just described how to win as Soviets. I'm talking 2v2. Soviets are extremely hard to beat in 2v2 if one players makes FHQ's in key positions.

Only fool will claim that AT grenede crits every time

Care to accuse other fool by showing off your fantastic soviet winning skill in 2v2?
22 Oct 2013, 18:47 PM

OP exagerates, but Germans are easier to play, that much is a certainty. Grenspam into ACs into P4 will beat most builds used by most players with minimal efforts. Grens will almost always beat conscripts 1v1 so you can seize map control. Only thing that can counter that is snipers or Maxims, but ACs counter those. Then P4s or Ostwinds depending on what you face will melt anything short of a well-microed front of AT guns and T-34s.

Also, this is a more general concern, but houses on cutoffs are starting to piss me off. Damn things can get downright invincible, doubly so when covered by an MG, and the only real counter (Mortars) is way too RNG based. Sometimes it barely dents or misses all the time, sometimes it shoots the building down in 1 shot.
22 Oct 2013, 21:11 PM

just played against this strat in 2v2 on semoiskiy. They locked the center and fuels with mg42s and started to spam opels. I made a standard mortar while my mate got 120mm. Then they started throwing stugs and an ostwind on us, but at nades, guards and 2 zis guns were able to destroy them, tracking on zis is very good to chase tanks with damaged engine. Those 2 zis then killed 3 tigers trying to destroy my isu 152. After that we turned the game around and locked the map, destroyed all opels and won. I think this is really lame strat even though those guys both were lvl 90+(4 stars). I'm gonna add a replay tomorrow.
22 Oct 2013, 21:26 PM

Houses on cutoffs are making you angry? If anything they are more difficult for the Germans to deal with than for the soviets. Molotovs work just fine (and come sooner than rifle grenades). Typically every house has at least one blind route to let you close in with a single conscript to molotov him, or just use two scripts from slightly different angles of attack. Hoorah the first one, they might get within tossing range before being suppressed. The second squad should have no problem getting within range. If the machine gun doesn't pull out they'll risk losing the entire squad.

If you are still having issues with an mg in a house the problem probably lies with the Germans outnumbering you in that location.
22 Oct 2013, 23:35 PM

Houses on cutoffs are making you angry? If anything they are more difficult for the Germans to deal with than for the soviets. Molotovs work just fine (and come sooner than rifle grenades). Typically every house has at least one blind route to let you close in with a single conscript to molotov him, or just use two scripts from slightly different angles of attack. Hoorah the first one, they might get within tossing range before being suppressed. The second squad should have no problem getting within range. If the machine gun doesn't pull out they'll risk losing the entire squad.

If you are still having issues with an mg in a house the problem probably lies with the Germans outnumbering you in that location.

As I said, it's a more general concern and happens against both factions. Molotovs are also hit-and-miss, especially in larger houses they often don't deal that much damage. You're better saving for a flamer, but then they get focused and RNG might dictate that the weapon explodes after a few seconds, robbing you of 60 ammo.

I shouldn't have brought it up anyways, I was angry as it happened twice in a row.

The point remains; Germans are easier. Maybe it's just me. I mean, it's possible. But I struggle much less when playing as them since last patch. Beforehand, conscripts could beat grenadiers if they had superior cover and/or got lucky. Now it seems they have no chance of winning whatsoever unless the grenadier ubersoldat are out in the open and conscripts are in green cover (and even then, beware the surprise riflenade!). Running up to molotov never works against any half-decent player and missing the throw guarantees engagement loss. And they don't have LMGs yet...

If you manage to enter mid-game with a good footing, Soviets can usually start turning the tables if they play well. But early game seems a constant uphill battle against grenspam, every single time.
23 Oct 2013, 01:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2013, 15:02 PMUGBEAR

Only fool will claim that AT grenede crits every time

Care to accuse other fool by showing off your fantastic soviet winning skill in 2v2?

Sure let's show it off. I challenge you to the best of 3 2v2's. Name the time and day.
26 Oct 2013, 12:55 PM

Sure let's show it off. I challenge you to the best of 3 2v2's. Name the time and day.

I think he just wanted to see your PlayerCard info...
And AT Grenade dealing engine criticals every time is a fantasy,don't know who lied to you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★