Login

russian armor

COH2 - liquipedia

5 Aug 2019, 16:10 PM

Hey,

About 1 year ago I placed a request about creating a COH2 liquipedia but never got a response, today I requested it again but this time managed to speak with some of the staff.

If you're unaware of liquipedia, it is large (27 million visitors per month) community wiki site run by team liquid for competitive games. link here

They said they would be happy to create a COH2 liquipedia but they need to see a bit more interest from the community first . This would entail signing up and requesting the wiki and having some dedicated folks to fill up and maintain the wiki.

One of the staffers added COH2 to the esports earning page, and is working from A_E's document.

Some Questions.

What is the reason for the wiki?

A lot of the information about COH2 and the community is scattered. I believe creating the wiki will help centralise this data and store it. This would include, tournaments results, player info, patches, unit stats, commander information and possibly more.

I believe the WC3 wiki reflects what we would want achieve with a COH2 version.

Also as much I as enjoy using COH2.org I do not believe it really has the best format for maintaining some elements like unit stats etc.

Wouldn't it compete with COH2.org

While there might be some small overlap, it would not offer any community features like forums, replays, news.

Ideally traffic would flow between the two sites.

So the final question is

Would you be interested in seeing a COH2 wiki being created?

If the answer is yes, then follow these steps.

1. https://tl.net/mytlnet/register - register here.
2. Go here https://liquipedia.net/ - or click the link on their page
3. Scroll down to Alpha Wikis and click Fill in this Form
4. Select other games, click next and then fill in company of heroes 2 in the text field

If you're interested in contributing to the wiki then pls PM me.

Thanks

- wuff

5 Aug 2019, 16:13 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

I like where your head is at
5 Aug 2019, 16:19 PM

done i like this idea. hop it will work.
5 Aug 2019, 16:20 PM

What's the problem with just improving the wikia page for the game tho?

There's already a plethora of information there about units, campaigns and Armies. Just needs some more added like Commanders and the other stuff that you mentioned, that's all.
6 Aug 2019, 06:00 AM

What's the problem with just improving the wikia page for the game tho?

There's already a plethora of information there about units, campaigns and Armies. Just needs some more added like Commanders and the other stuff that you mentioned, that's all.

There is a lot of good information there, but personally I would say that as a traditional wiki it's format is not ideal.

I would also hope that putting coh2 on the liquipedia would possibly expose it to more mainstream players.
6 Aug 2019, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2019, 06:00 AMwuff

There is a lot of good information there, but personally I would say that as a traditional wiki it's format is not ideal.

I would also hope that putting coh2 on the liquipedia would possibly expose it to more mainstream players.

To be honest I believe this is the first time I've heard of that wiki so I doubt it would attract more people, the wikia often times pops up more but that's just my observations. Still tho, good luck. The more places info is for the game the better I suppose, I just hope it doesn't bring some bad types, that's all.
6 Aug 2019, 07:44 AM

To be honest I believe this is the first time I've heard of that wiki so I doubt it would attract more people, the wikia often times pops up more but that's just my observations. Still tho, good luck. The more places info is for the game the better I suppose, I just hope it doesn't bring some bad types, that's all.

I think that is quite common for COH2 players, COH2 doesn't really operate in the same ecosystem as the larger competitive games.

You're likely right that it might not bring in new players, however liquipedia.net receives roughly 27 million visitors a month, so it might give some extra exposure.
6 Aug 2019, 12:26 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2019, 16:10 PMwuff

Would you be interested in seeing a COH2 wiki being created?

If the answer is yes, then follow these steps.

1. https://tl.net/mytlnet/register - register here.
2. Go here https://liquipedia.net/ - or click the link on their page
3. Scroll down to Alpha Wikis and click Fill in this Form

The register is easy, i just used twitch account for that :)

I am looking forward for this. But also I know this will be a huge ton of work to make this work.
But I know people always ask about exact numbers/ stats.
6 Aug 2019, 13:57 PM

What a great idea! I like it alot.
I did the steps and looking forward for it!
6 Aug 2019, 17:23 PM

Banging idea Wuffy!
6 Aug 2019, 22:10 PM

Done! Hope I can add a few things myself. :thumbsup:
7 Aug 2019, 07:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'm pretty sure most people in the greater PC gaming sphere have heard of Liquipedia (or their esports branch, Team Liquid). It's probably the largest, most reliable competitive gaming database. And honestly, I find people from said sphere to be easier to deal with than the ones in the current coh2 community. Anyway, I'd say the bottom line is that more exposure is better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS