Login

russian armor

Elefants

20 Oct 2013, 06:39 AM

not a complain thread, but how do I actually deal with them? especially in a 2v2.
20 Oct 2013, 06:50 AM
20 Oct 2013, 07:23 AM

20 Oct 2013, 07:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2013, 07:23 AMwooof

i did it earlier in my game, but i prefer a more reliable counter to them. is there any?
20 Oct 2013, 07:52 AM

Well the most direct counter i would say is the new B-4 203 mm artillery. It can really hurt it and (with a little vet) kill it in one shot, but any artillery in general can hurt it pretty bad.

If you are looking for something non-doctrinal you are going to have to get creative.
Best thing you can do is get off a at grenade on it which will really slow it down so you can get at-guns in range or flank it with armor.

Even though they are pretty vulnerable to it a well used T34s can use their speed to get around it and ram it to take it out of action or just straight up shoot it.

Long story short, It's slow and cant defend itself very well if you close in. This makes it vulnerable to a lot of things. Just for the love of god, don't try to take it on upfront with any sort of armor. You are never going to win just retreat or break the line of sight and start to plan a flank or try to pin it down for a call-in.
20 Oct 2013, 07:53 AM

A combination of T1-T4, then T2-T3.

T1 player needs 2-3 snipers to bleed both Germans, and 2-3 Su85 out back.
T2 player builds at least 2 Zis guns, and at least 2 T34/76s.

The T34s need to flank or serve as distraction to the far left or right of the Elefant. Direct engagements are no-go.

Basically, Zis guns push the Elefant back to an undesirable position. The T34 serve as distraction. You'll then need to swarm it with Conscripts, clearing any MG42s with snipers. When the Elefant is turned to face the T34, Su85 need to be on point to attack. If the Elefant rotates back, ram the rear with the T34. Conscripts will serve as fodder to at nade any nearby P4. Even if you don't kill the Elefant, with P4s naded + Su85 fire they should die quickly. Pull back afterwards.

Mark target is especially useful.
20 Oct 2013, 10:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2013, 07:27 AMwongtp

i did it earlier in my game, but i prefer a more reliable counter to them. is there any?

Button + IL2. He wont escape. On the video i feel he could had escape or at least dodge some of its damage.

What Tengen said + you can always use infantry to force it to turn around.
20 Oct 2013, 11:42 AM

I usually isolate them by bombarding their surroundinngs with artillery ( 2x120mm, 152mm, 203mm or Katjusha ) and then charge in with 2 t34s backedup by some infantry.
20 Oct 2013, 13:52 PM

This unit need some sort of changes, either in stats or price because it doesn't have a non-doctrinal hard counter that doesn't require your whole army.
20 Oct 2013, 15:59 PM
Donator 22

This unit need some sort of changes, either in stats or price because it doesn't have a non-doctrinal hard counter that doesn't require your whole army.

absolutely not

There are some good counter tactics and this thing is lame as hell.
20 Oct 2013, 16:14 PM

absolutely not

There are some good counter tactics and this thing is lame as hell.

Lame as hell? It rapes every soviet vehicle if someone has enough micro to keep the distance, and on some maps it is almost impossible to flank it.

"There are some good counter tactics". Yes there are. Soviet artillery (Jaeger Armor doctrine has the counter to destroy it ASAP) and airstrikes with marked target vehicle is awesome but they are doctrinal. I guess you also think about infantry, At-guns or just ram it with a T-34, they work in theory but a good player supports his/her Elephant.

Also with spotting scopes it's ridiculous how far it can see.
20 Oct 2013, 19:53 PM

Lame as hell?

Well yes, it is lame - as in slow.
I guess MoerserKarL was referring to the movement speed not the overall performance.

Also with spotting scopes it's ridiculous how far it can see.

I agree. The combination of focused sight and scope is a problem.
(A lot of forum members have commented on this already.)
My guess is that the general sight bonus of the scope is hardcoded and cannot be easily patched.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★