Login

russian armor

Garth Ennis should write Tale for DLC

17 Oct 2013, 13:49 PM
Benefactor 3110

Hi @alll,

first i´m only playing the multiplayer. but i like the game a lot. There are problems but my love stays strong ;). I never played single player and i (prob.) never will.

BUT i had an idea, there are some issues with the russian community and the way they dont feel their history represented correctly.

So i figured: Let´s kill two birds with one stone (big fan of that phrase). Why doesnt Garth Ennis (Writer of "preacher" and a BIG war nut) write a DLC Russian campagne. This would be so great, he writes great and there could be great Cross Marketing. Im sure the heroism of the russian people would be greatly delivered.

Maybe even a famous russian writer could write another episode. Lots of oppurtunities (but i want ENNIS)

Best Regards

PS:
If this Idea gets picked up by relic, i want a signed copy from Mr Ennis and the relic Crew.

PPS: No disrespect to the writers at relic but sometimes you need a punch´only Mr Ennis will deliver ;).

18 Oct 2013, 00:30 AM

Game no longer be sold in Russia
18 Oct 2013, 05:12 AM

Correction: no longer sold by 1C studios (though pretty much the same I think...)
18 Oct 2013, 05:13 AM

I must say, I'm not sure why it has to be some writer, I'm pretty sure a lot of people relatively knowledgeable on the period could do it (hell I'd love to do it...)
18 Oct 2013, 07:56 AM

relic should let me write the coh2 campaigns, sales will go up tenfold
18 Oct 2013, 08:00 AM

relic should let me write the coh2 campaigns, sales will go up tenfold

If you went for wash room during work, commissar will pew pew U in the face for abandoning the post! BTW, there's only one keyboard and one mouse for 2 people, if one dies pick it up.
18 Oct 2013, 10:34 AM
Benefactor 3110

ok, i was just thinking of the headline @t comic con for example. Garth Ennis writes episode for Coh2 franchise.
My thing why it has to be Mr Ennis was that he revived the punisher franchise for Marvel and developed a few all time classics and he is very well known for his War stories.
Maybe imperialdane would agree and give some more insight....
18 Oct 2013, 10:41 AM

ok, i was just thinking of the headline @t comic con for example. Garth Ennis writes episode for Coh2 franchise.
My thing why it has to be Mr Ennis was that he revived the punisher franchise for Marvel and developed a few all time classics and he is very well known for his War stories.
Maybe imperialdane would agree and give some more insight....

Or just make a soviet version vCOH US campaign at very beginning
19 Oct 2013, 07:21 AM

Relic can't comprehend why Russians are pissed of to start with.

I doubt they will do anything about it if they don't even understand where the problem lies.

Like most other people who grew up during Cold War, its difficult for them to even comprehend how is it that campaign is offensive when they don't see anything really wrong with it.
19 Oct 2013, 10:46 AM

Garth Ennis is very anglocentric, though.
19 Oct 2013, 10:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

sadly the story relic told isn't anywhere near as bad as it really was and still is.
19 Oct 2013, 12:04 PM
Benefactor 3110

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2013, 10:52 AMWiFiDi
sadly the story relic told isn't anywhere near as bad as it really was and still is.

this might be true,but nonetheless there was a lot of heroism on soldier side (if there ist sth like that).
Secondly yes garth ennis is anglocentric, but imagine for example some figures like the general from punisher "man of stone".
I think a lot of russian people could relate to this, and btw Garth Ennis special sense of humour would help a lot too. And keep in mind it would be a special episode dlc or sth.
19 Oct 2013, 17:11 PM

i personally think the guy interrogating the main charecter in the coh2 campaign would make a better more interesting main character. i don't see movies or games where the main character is the "we must achieve victory, no matter the cost! fuck the enemy, make them bleed" kind of guy. it is always the "innocent guy in a cruel world" kind of person that becomes the main character, it's so boring.

where's that guy with the beard at the end of the forgotten sacrifice trailer?

we need a badass protagonist.
20 Oct 2013, 05:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2013, 10:52 AMWiFiDi

Uff, I really didn't wanna get involved into this, but anyway.

"Although over 21,000 American soldiers were given varying sentences for desertion during World War II, including 49 death sentences, Slovik's was the only death sentence that was actually carried out"

Now if Relic made a game depicting poor US soldiers taken from their bed, put on a boat and shipped to WW2 battlegrounds. Sent to attack well defended German bunkers, and poor soldiers either have a choice
1. to charge MG42 and die, or
2.if they run away (desert) they are hunted down by evil military police carrying hanging rope, and hanging them on the nearest tree, imprisoning them or sending them to prison camps

Couple that with some movies, showing a stories of poor crying man forced on the plane and jumping behind enemy lines with only a gun and some ammo.
And there you go, You desecrate the memories and heroism of thousands upon thousands of brave US soldiers and depict them as cowards who were forced to fight because of evil Poiticians and their military police hanging squads.

Pretty sure half of Americans would be pissed of with that game, and war veterans and politicians outraged. (flying plane into World trade center, just a game? not when it strikes near the heart)

Slovik's death sentence :His appeal came in January 1945 just as the German counter-offensive, the Battle of the Bulge, was at its peak. Allied forces were near breaking point. It was not, Supreme Allied Commander, General Dwight Eisenhower decided, time to risk seeming to condone desertion.

So after considering that, Stalins order 227 doesn't seem that evil, now does it? considering that Soviets had their back against the wall, no where more to retreat. and Nazis plan was to: Exterminate majority of Russians and rest use as slave Labour until they die out

US deserters ravaged Paris, raped, killed and stole almost as much as Nazis after Liberation.

But you only see french girls blowing kisses and throwing flowers at them.. Like a big Brothel with 30,000,000 prostitutes (maybe why French didn't like Americans that much after ww2? eh) It doesn't mean that all US soldiers acted that way, criminal at home = criminal let of the leash in wartime :)

Anyway, I am not defending Stalin or trying to say that horrible things aren't done in war, but Cold War Propaganda has left distorted picture of what really happened and why.

If it wasn't for Cold War, you would have completely different mental image of WW2 Soviet soldier

I hope that sort of gives you idea why Russians are pissed off. (at least thats what I think would piss me off if I was Russian)
P.S. I didn't actually play campaign, just going by what I read.

Personally I think Relic mixed their Cold war sentiment towards Soviets, when they chose those kind of things as natural thing to add to campaign.

Not good choice in my eyes.

20 Oct 2013, 06:31 AM

P.S. I didn't actually play campaign, just going by what I read.

ha ha ha.......
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS