Login

russian armor

Suggested German Commander

15 Oct 2013, 15:04 PM

Nordic Command

Hjalmar Siilasvuo - Finnish General and only non German to Command an SS Division (could use his likeness for portrait)

Commander Abilities-

1CP - Nordic Recon Squad

-Cost (300) MP
-3 Man Squad
-Standard Weapon Mosin-Nagant (higher Accuracy than Conscripts due to more training)
-Unaffected by cold (will not freeze and only receives half of the standard Vision loss)
-Upgradable with
- Suomi KP/31 (longer barrel PPSH Equivalent) 2 Squad members 30 Munitions

- Lahti L-39 (20mm AT rifle) 1 Squad Member 40 Munitions

-Vet 1 Ability Rapid Movement (Similar to OOOOOOOOOOOOORRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH) 10 Munitions

1CP - Ambush Camouflage

2CP - Recon Overflight

3CP - 20 ITK 40 VKT Anti Aircraft Weapon

-Cost 400 MP
-Constructed by Pioneers
-Extremely effective against enemy aircraft in its VIC.
-Can attack ground targets however mostly useful as a suppressive measure.
(This firing mode will be locked for 30 seconds following the switch and rotates much slower.)
-VET 1 ability 60 munitions 360 round fire rate more accuracy VS infantry and vehicles less suppression. 5 second load time 20 second duration.

4CP - German Tank Group
Vet 2 Stug with pindle deploys to the battlefield.
Cost 420 MP 125Fuel

15 Oct 2013, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
+1

Dunno about the balance implementation, but a very cool idea and an enjoyable read!

Makes me wish for more modding potential in COH2.
15 Oct 2013, 15:28 PM

I think at this point in the war represented in multiplayer, Finland had cut a deal with the Soviets to be part of their side, and having to oust the Germans out of their territory.

But, either way, it's an interesting and fun option.

Of course, I had to laugh a bit when I first saw this because in a lot of the miniature wargames I play, the writers tend to make Finnish soldiers into supermen with crazy abilities.
15 Oct 2013, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2013, 15:28 PMTurtle
I think at this point in the war represented in multiplayer, Finland had cut a deal with the Soviets to be part of their side, and having to oust the Germans out of their territory.

But, either way, it's an interesting and fun option.

Of course, I had to laugh a bit when I first saw this because in a lot of the miniature wargames I play, the writers tend to make Finnish soldiers into supermen with crazy abilities.

Good catch I forget when multiplayer is set but if its after Sept of 44 then you are correct.
15 Oct 2013, 15:51 PM

4CP - German Tank Group
Vet 2 Stug with pindle deploys to the battlefield.
Cost 420 MP 125Fuel

What is this exactly?
15 Oct 2013, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2013, 15:51 PMAbdul

What is this exactly?

The idea behind this is that the Finnish Army was augmented with Stug's from the German Army. The thought process I had is a slightly better Stug with a MG42 mount to engage infantry considering it would come out at the same time as units like the KV-1, KV-8. I am certainly open to suggestions but essentially it would be the same unit as Germans produce from T-3. The differences being it comes onto the field with the weak point ability. The cool down could be substantially longer or act as the command tank in that only 1 could be on the field.
16 Oct 2013, 14:53 PM

I'd like to see mobile infantry support guns such as the AA gun shown. Pushable like PAK40, but could maybe do some anti infantry / anti blob attacks.
16 Oct 2013, 15:13 PM

Finnish stugs, purchased from Germany, had many modifications. They removed the shurzen (armored skirts) because they would just get caught or ripped off in the rougher terrain and forests. They also removed the basic plate with a hole in it MG mount and replaced it with something else. Again, it was because it would get caught on branches and ripped off.

To replace shurzen, they actually poured concrete on the front of the tank, and also put wooden logs on the sides of the tank.

I think it might be better to give it the hull down ability with a kind of camouflage.

Funnily enough, they could just make Finland its own nation that can team up with both Soviets and Germans. ;)
16 Oct 2013, 15:38 PM

+1

Very nice suggestions!

This would add a lot of variety to the game, I really like the idea of the AA gun as well. Can't say no to a bit of Finnish action in CoH 2! :thumb:

I was thinking maybe instead of the German Tank call in, you could have a random call in much like the combat group call in of vCoH. It could represent the Finns not knowing what the Germans are going to send to support them, because we all know what German organisation was like in late 1944! :rolleyes:

Although the German tank call in does sound pretty good, 2 StuGs can be extremely useful.
16 Oct 2013, 15:41 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2013, 15:13 PMTurtle
To replace shurzen, they actually poured concrete on the front of the tank, and also put wooden logs on the sides of the tank.

16 Oct 2013, 15:47 PM

hahaha does that wood actually help? o.O
16 Oct 2013, 15:59 PM

hahaha does that wood actually help? o.O

Yes Wood would help against all forms of shape charges.
16 Oct 2013, 16:01 PM

Just a Hetzer will suit my appetite, the only true answer to the Allied numerical advantage is the hetzer.
16 Oct 2013, 16:18 PM

Nice idea. I think relic should let the community decide everything about new commanders, so promblems about them can be fixed before they are out.
18 Oct 2013, 16:26 PM

very cool, reminds me of panzer elite
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight