Login

russian armor

Just discovered Radio Intercept?

15 Oct 2013, 05:43 AM

This player could see all of the units that I was making as soon as they were completed. Besides reporting on Steam and to Relic, what should I do to make sure our game stays clean?
15 Oct 2013, 05:51 AM

This player could see all of the units that I was making as soon as they were completed. Besides reporting on Steam and to Relic, what should I do to make sure our game stays clean?

Could you elaborate further? How did he see them? And how do you know he saw them?

You do know that Soviet Commanders have Radio Intercept ability (Thanks to weak German cyphers, you can now learn when a new enemy building has been constructed as well as know when a fresh squad or vehicle has been called onto the battlefield.) ?

So this would mean every unit you deploy - he knows?
15 Oct 2013, 06:28 AM

Permanently Banned
15 Oct 2013, 06:38 AM

lol He probably had radio intercept and was performing mental warfare on you by annnouncing every unit as it was announced to him lol I love that ability
15 Oct 2013, 06:44 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Thank you for not naming names, since accusing players by name of cheating is against site rules and I would hate to have to lock & invis a thread.

Also, both the NKVD commander and the Armored Assualt Tactics commander let you do this. Luv it.
15 Oct 2013, 08:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

lol He probably had radio intercept and was performing mental warfare on you by annnouncing every unit as it was announced to him lol I love that ability

very likely this but still possible check the replay should be able to tell if he had radio intercept in his doctrine then after that if he doesn't have it you have a case.

15 Oct 2013, 10:00 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Patrion 39

Came here to lock the thread, but I guess there was just a small misconception. :) Changed the thread title so people don't freak out.
15 Oct 2013, 21:30 PM

I was playing a game today and my opponent knew I would make armor and so he made anti-tank guns.

relic fix broak gaem
15 Oct 2013, 22:02 PM

i luv me sum radioo!

things it tells you.

warns about location (PINGS YOUR MAP!) and construction of:
fuel cache
munition cache
MINES!
Bunkers!

tells you about
german upgrades t1 t2 t3 t4
german buildings
german units
german callins
15 Oct 2013, 22:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

This better in large team games than in 1v1 or 2v2?

It would probably be very good if someone took it in an organised 4v4, in automatches it seems a bit of a crapshoot
15 Oct 2013, 22:17 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

i luv me sum radioo!

things it tells you.

warns about location (PINGS YOUR MAP!) and construction of:
fuel cache
munition cache
MINES!
Bunkers!

tells you about
german upgrades t1 t2 t3 t4
german buildings
german units
german callins

Wow it does that much? Now that sounds interesting... I thought it would act more like the British Radio Triangulation ability in CoH1 so I never tried it.
15 Oct 2013, 22:46 PM

Wow it does that much? Now that sounds interesting... I thought it would act more like the British Radio Triangulation ability in CoH1 so I never tried it.

Actually that was the brit radio intercept and it did do that except with no map pings.

The triangulation was AWESOME. put down three beacons and anything inside the triangle would appear to you and your teammates. It couldn't be used for call-ins. you still had to have vision on them for that.
15 Oct 2013, 22:56 PM
Donator 11

damn, didnt know it did all that.
15 Oct 2013, 23:12 PM

Yeah its pretty Damn good but the commanders that have it for the most party really suck n 1v1 so imo oppinion it's Pretty much a team game ability and it really shines there.
16 Oct 2013, 01:01 AM

it works best if you are used to the German GUI sounds and the sidebar notifications.

note just found out it also shows you when unit upgrade. i had a flamer pioneer upgrade message on my side. uploading a video soon.

things i noticed, you get the verbal panzergrenadier message right away. but the writen message is in line so it comes later, i got confused in the video and looked for a nonexisten pgreen. all the sounds you hear in the replay are from the soviet side of the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★