Login

russian armor

Lee Enfield sound issue.

16 Jun 2019, 23:53 PM

Hello, first time poster here. Run into an issue and decided to seek help. I set up to have a USF riflemen be equipped with the Lee Enfield rifles from the British. While visually it works, the weapons themselves have no sounds. Knowing how CoH2 sound is not moddable, I assume this is an issue that can't be fixed?
25 Jun 2019, 20:39 PM

Welcome! This is a strange issue that I also ran into with the Enfield. The weapon's other sounds work, but not shooting, right?

The solution I came up with is kind of a cheat; under the weapon's "on_fire_action" section, you can add a sound action of the rifle firing.

If you'd like, I can post a screenshot of that once I get back to my main computer.
26 Jun 2019, 09:24 AM
Modmaker Badge

Really ? I always thought the sound of the gun was bundle to the weapon itself. I tried in the past to give the suppressor sound to MP40 and fail.

26 Jun 2019, 16:44 PM

Really ? I always thought the sound of the gun was bundle to the weapon itself. I tried in the past to give the suppressor sound to MP40 and fail.

It is- guns can only make the sounds assigned to them.

However, you can spawn the other gun underneath the soldier and have it play the sound.
For instance, you can make an Enfield launch rifle grenades, but it's silent, so you can spawn a K98k to make the sound.

I doubt that would work for automatic weapons, but I haven't actually tried yet, so maybe?
26 Jun 2019, 21:54 PM
Modmaker Badge

Mmm interesting concept but could you explain more how do you do that ?
The past year I tried different options but fail.
28 Jun 2019, 23:53 PM

Welcome! This is a strange issue that I also ran into with the Enfield. The weapon's other sounds work, but not shooting, right?

The solution I came up with is kind of a cheat; under the weapon's "on_fire_action" section, you can add a sound action of the rifle firing.

If you'd like, I can post a screenshot of that once I get back to my main computer.

Ah I found what you were talking about. However I am not sure what the Lee Enfield sound file is called. So yes, an example would be helpful.
29 Jun 2019, 00:05 AM

Ah I found what you were talking about. However I am not sure what the Lee Enfield sound file is called. So yes, an example would be helpful.

Here it is! The sound file names can be found in the world builder if you'd like to know for the future.
EDIT: picture fixed
29 Jun 2019, 00:12 AM

Mmm interesting concept but could you explain more how do you do that ?
The past year I tried different options but fail.

Here's my code for the rifle grenade sound fix!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS