Login

russian armor

[CoH1] Unit skin variation?

15 Jun 2019, 02:42 AM

I've scoured the internet for how people like Halftrack created random skin variations for infantry and vehicles, like this:

Is this possible without creating role variations by modifying the ebps of the unit? I've seen skin packs do it and just contain the variations within WW2Art.sga, so I'm kinda confused.

I'd search through the Relicnews forums but they're gone, unfortunately, and the wayback archive is kinda spotty.
16 Jun 2019, 14:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Well, chances are since coh1 model-modding is fully unlocked, they added a new animator state that controls what texture is used, and then added a random action to choose a random skin.

That, or they are using the random-model abp system. I've never been able to get that to work myself outside the original abp files that had the property, but maybe they did.
17 Jun 2019, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2019, 14:17 PMLugie
Well, chances are since coh1 model-modding is fully unlocked, they added a new animator state that controls what texture is used, and then added a random action to choose a random skin.

That, or they are using the random-model abp system. I've never been able to get that to work myself outside the original abp files that had the property, but maybe they did.

Thanks, this narrows it down a bit. I looked at the abp for Volksgrenadiers and it looks like they added a bit that points to an empty series of files called "random_skins".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★