Login

russian armor

Squad leader gestures?

11 Jun 2019, 13:41 PM

I know in CoH1 you could flag a squad leader ebps with leader_ext to have them perform gestures while moving. I noticed leader_ext still exists as an ebpsextension in CoH2, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Have these animations been removed?
13 Jun 2019, 11:13 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Sadly, they didn't add gestures to the new rifle animations before they shipped. The smg's used to have them, before half their animations were broken after the brits launched.

The leader_ext in coh2 is really only useful for formation spots now. You can still see an unused/cut-scene form of the gestures in the animation state "hand_signals", but since it still uses the old posture, the weapons are not properly placed/held.

The pistol/officer hand-signals were merged with/replaced the old cooldown animations.
15 Jun 2019, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2019, 11:13 AMLugie
Sadly, they didn't add gestures to the new rifle animations before they shipped. The smg's used to have them, before half their animations were broken after the brits launched.

The leader_ext in coh2 is really only useful for formation spots now. You can still see an unused/cut-scene form of the gestures in the animation state "hand_signals", but since it still uses the old posture, the weapons are not properly placed/held.

The pistol/officer hand-signals were merged with/replaced the old cooldown animations.

Thank you for the reply. I hopped on the CoH2 wagon a year after the Brits released, so I didn't get to experience the SMG animations beforehand.

Also, thank you for your detailed Squad AI writeup post. It's been really helpful!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★