Login

russian armor

2vs2 arranged team

12 Oct 2013, 19:29 PM

Hi,

I would like to see a special arranged team-match-option. Right now teams (players being in contact with each other via Skype or Teamspeak) are getting matched with regular random players who can´t coordinate as good as the teams. This totally fucks up the 2v2 game experience as regular player.

Teams shouldn´t be allowed to be matched versus normal players. Keep teams in arranged teammatches, don´t misk it. Longer connection times - resulting from such a split between regulars and teams - don´t justify that a huge chunk of games aren´t really enjoyable because of that huge disadvantage.
13 Oct 2013, 10:35 AM

The problem is that this line of reasoning escalates. Say, you separate 2v2. Then, what do you do for teams of 2 people who want to play a 3v3 or 4v4? The answer is totally not obvious. If you go down the vCoH path of creating separated modes for everything, then you will hit the same problem of vCoH, where it took forever to play anything that wasn't automatch 1v1 or 2v2 random. For people with teammates, it was absolutely horrible.

Don't get me wrong: I totally get what you are saying here. I'm just pointing it out that this is not an easy thing to fix. I think that the solution is more around how ELO works: an arranged team should be considered "better" than a random team of the same ELO level. This way, arranged versus random would usually pitch better players on the random side.

I would be surprised if it already doesn't do that, however. As I'm pretty sure it tries to avoid matching ATs with randoms, unless you've waiting for too long and there are no other matchups.
14 Oct 2013, 07:18 AM
Patrion 14

I agree that arranged teams should be grouped together as far as possible. But as Pontes pointed out it might also add alot of time and complexity.

If two arranged teams have a huge diffrence in ELO, should the matchmaking system still put theese two teams together, or prioritize a closer matched team that is not arranged?
14 Oct 2013, 08:44 AM
Benefactor 115

maybe the players combined ELO could be increased a little if it's an AT
14 Oct 2013, 08:45 AM

Arranged teams would be moot unless we get a general lobby.
14 Oct 2013, 09:58 AM
Patrion 14

The lobby in CoH1 wasnt all that great even for arranged teams in my opinion. Getting kicked for no reason. Tons of US teams wanting to play one map, tons of Wehr on another. Etc etc. Also, since there is no visible ladder-rank or ELO, decent matchups in CoH2 would be harder to get. Not to mention the split in playerbase deluting the automatchsystem.
14 Oct 2013, 10:10 AM

Permanently Banned
Id recommend being proactive and forming your own arranged 2v2 circuit with its base here in Coh2.org.

Im sure the admins here would be very supportive and do whatever they can to help you establish that. Hell, I gather most of them are infact preferred 2v2 playerw themselves and wouls join in the fun.

It wouldnt get you a better team ELO, but it would certainly get you bragging rights, and hopefully a larger, positive, pool of players to team with in future not only for inhouse games with your own settings, but also for laddered games.
14 Oct 2013, 12:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

But if you have an arranged team, wouldn't they automatically get a higher ELO because they are winning with their teamwork? So I think it is perfectly fine.
Besides you don't need that much communication , as Soviets decides who goes t1t4 and who goes t2t3 and as Germans decides who gets an elephant.
14 Oct 2013, 13:16 PM
Patrion 14

But if you have an arranged team, wouldn't they automatically get a higher ELO because they are winning with their teamwork?

This
14 Oct 2013, 13:35 PM
14 Oct 2013, 14:32 PM

Permanently Banned
14 Oct 2013, 17:06 PM

this game desperatly needs 2v2 at, at the moment me personally dont have any fun playing vs random guys when im with mate, in vcoh if u wanted a challenge you go for 2v2 at, if its just for shits and gigles u go random, skill gap between these 2 was huge, and i really liked it, imagine if in vcoh sudenly at was mixed vs random guys, 2v2 random pros would be just shreded to bits by any decent team... thats my whole point, when im playing a game with a mate i want it to be vs good players, it gets boring really fast when 10 games in a row all you do is stomping noobs
14 Oct 2013, 17:18 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

For the sake of automatch wait times, I disagree. I do feel that teams should be matched with randoms, BUT I feel that the matchmaker should take this into account and adjust it's formulas accordingly.

We need arranged-team ladders.
14 Oct 2013, 17:44 PM

It is definitely needed, mariens stated why.
14 Oct 2013, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2013, 17:06 PMmariens
thats my whole point, when im playing a game with a mate i want it to be vs good players, it gets boring really fast when 10 games in a row all you do is stomping noobs

Otoh you might get surprised.

I'm pretty mediocre, but at one time drew a decent team mate in COH1 2v2. Turned out we defeated the number 1 PE player and someone up the ranks.

So don't noob-flame your random team mate untill you see how it works out...
14 Oct 2013, 20:25 PM

Permanently Banned

I'm pretty mediocre, but at one time drew a decent team mate in COH1 2v2. Turned out we defeated the number 1 PE player and someone up the ranks.

So. The random guy carried you? :P

I KEEED I KEEEED!
14 Oct 2013, 22:13 PM

you basicly saying that you are an average player and you defeated nr1 PE, that just proves what im saying :rolleyes:
14 Oct 2013, 23:23 PM

For the sake of automatch wait times, I disagree. I do feel that teams should be matched with randoms, BUT I feel that the matchmaker should take this into account and adjust it's formulas accordingly.

arranged team ladders for all team modes. also better in-game clan support like in coho. you could chat with your clan in your own chat lobby. there are alot of things that coho had done right that are missing in coh2.
15 Oct 2013, 05:32 AM

Should be like in Starcraft 2 where each team is its own separate ladder entity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★