Login

russian armor

Games take too long to find?

12 Oct 2013, 18:25 PM

Just something I wanted to run by the forum out of curiosity but I am definitely noticing that it is taking longer to find a game (no matter which faction I pick). I play this game at all hours and it seems to be a general trend.

Not sure if it's an issue with matchmaking ELO or if there are just less players searching in general.

Has anyone else felt the same way or is it how it has always been?
12 Oct 2013, 21:39 PM
12 Oct 2013, 22:24 PM

well my rank is around 1000. last time i played i got to play with von ivan, if there was a difference of 1000 ranks to find players i would say that is a lot. where where those 1000? at least it was refreshing to get beaten by skill rather than unbalance.
12 Oct 2013, 23:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The most you have to wait is always 5mins. Around min 3-4 i tend to play with players with a difference of 1000+ rank.
12 Oct 2013, 23:05 PM

Isn't that graph the total amount of players? Including singleplayer, skirmish, ToW?
13 Oct 2013, 03:18 AM

I'm talking about 1v1 matchmaking as that is all I play.

I don't know anything about 2v2 matchmaking times etc. but I would imagine that they are longer.
13 Oct 2013, 03:54 AM

2v2 and higher is always faster in my experience.

I mostly play 1v1 and it takes about 0-5 mins to match. I probably play at the least popular time globally as I live in New Zealand.
13 Oct 2013, 03:59 AM

I have all game modes clicked often, usually it takes me about 5-6 min to get into 3v3+ game (which is horribly unbalanced)

2v2 games it takes me about 10 min (which are horribly unbalanced)

If I wanna play 1v1 it takes 10 min + (mostly skill difference is absolutely huge, almost never a close entertaining game)

This are numbers if I search as Soviet,

If I search as German it takes 10 min to get into 3v3+ game

10 min + to get 2v2

and 1v1 mostly I give up, before finding a game.

Note I search from Australia, usually when the player numbers are at lowest (Not sure for other times but usually 80%+ search as German 20% or less as Soviet)
13 Oct 2013, 04:03 AM

Permanently Banned
I'm not certain, but I think its much better to select only one game mode.

Otherwise, I think if you select, for example, all of them, you are basically queuing only for 4v4.

Otherwise the system would constantly be dumping players from 4v4 into smaller game modes.

Know what I mean?
13 Oct 2013, 04:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2013, 04:03 AMNullist
I'm not certain, but I think its much better to select only one game mode.

Otherwise, I think if you select, for example, all of them, you are basically queuing only for 4v4.

Otherwise the system would constantly be dumping players from 4v4 into smaller game modes.

Know what I mean?

Yeah, can't get 1v1 while selecting all. 2v2 occasionally

When I search for 1v1, I only select 1v1.

It just takes to damn long and 95% of the time I get someone who is a lot worse player than me. (I assume due to my timezone, not many 1v1 players on)

So basically, I decide if I am gonna be playing shit games, might as at least cut down on wait time
13 Oct 2013, 05:39 AM

I also find that I am getting a lot of rematches against the same player which may or may not be a good thing.
13 Oct 2013, 05:49 AM

2v2+ is taking longer than usual. its weird on thursday the game ran awesome i actualy played 6 games 4 were 4v4 and NO ONE LAGGED! it was a first i thought that the patch fixed some networking issues. but then yesterday and today games are taking forever to find people alot of sitting in please wait... box then it goes back to searching. then when there is a game most are the usual lag fests. getting the same person means there really isnt alot of people playing. im getting the same thing in 3v3 and 4v4 even.
14 Oct 2013, 08:44 AM

It's not quite correct IMO that you always get 4v4 if you check all game modes.

In my experience it more frequently ends up in 3v3, all though to some of you that might be same-same.

The main problem with the long waits are quite simple, though: Next to everyone and his granma wants to play german.

There was a small redistribution of players to the soviets for a while after the last patch.

But now it's back to the usual between 75 and 66% germans searching.

I can't say I think the game is unbalanced, but IMO the german side is much easier to play, so I can't blame the majority for preferring the german faction.

The downside is just that it creates a bottleneck for games.
14 Oct 2013, 09:29 AM

Permanently Banned
I dont know the specifics of the matchmaking system.

But it seems to me, that if you are qued for all modes, you are primarily sitting in the 4v4 que, because that one takes the longest to populate, and requires the system to keep you sitting there.

Otherwise people who are queued for all modes, would constantly be dumped into 1v1 matches before the 4v4 set is complete, and there would almost never be a 4v4, because the system would find you a match in a smaller game, which are easier to compile.
See what I mean?

Id recommend queuing for only one mode at a time, or at best + one mode to either side of that mode. I dont know that it will make a difference, but maybe its worth an attempt for faster and more efficient matching.
14 Oct 2013, 09:33 AM

It just seems random for me, Sometimes I wait for 5 mins and other times I find a game almost instantly, same for 2 v 2.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the EOL system not having decay until now.
14 Oct 2013, 10:05 AM
Patrion 14

As my sig says more or less only play 2v2s. Searchtimes for me are really good. Never really counted though, but dont think I have been waiting more than 2 minutes for a long time. Sweden, Europe. Weekends I play varied hours, weekdays I play 18.00-21.00 (GMT+1)
14 Oct 2013, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2013, 09:29 AMNullist
I dont know the specifics of the matchmaking system.

But it seems to me, that if you are qued for all modes, you are primarily sitting in the 4v4 que, because that one takes the longest to populate, and requires the system to keep you sitting there.

Otherwise people who are queued for all modes, would constantly be dumped into 1v1 matches before the 4v4 set is complete, and there would almost never be a 4v4, because the system would find you a match in a smaller game, which are easier to compile.
See what I mean?

Id recommend queuing for only one mode at a time, or at best + one mode to either side of that mode. I dont know that it will make a difference, but maybe its worth an attempt for faster and more efficient matching.

having all modes clicked gets me:

3v3- 50%
4v4- 45%
2v2- 5%
1v1- 0%

roughly (except 1v1, never got one unless I search only 1v1 or 1v1 and 2v2)
14 Oct 2013, 10:32 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2013, 10:05 AMLe Wish
As my sig says more or less only play 2v2s. Searchtimes for me are really good. Never really counted though, but dont think I have been waiting more than 2 minutes for a long time. Sweden, Europe. Weekends I play varied hours, weekdays I play 18.00-21.00 (GMT+1)

same here.
anyway that graph counts singleplayers too and since last dlc was sp heavy I guess that's a pretty big chunk.
and I guess the new players that tried mp have low ELO and are pretty much just playing each other, or they just ran away from it in shock after being raped.
in 2v2 I often end up playing the same people, with some allies we're almost an implicit arranged team now while it's good to run over that douche foe that trashtalked a few games back.
14 Oct 2013, 11:06 AM

Permanently Banned

having all modes clicked gets me:

3v3- 50%
4v4- 45%
2v2- 5%
1v1- 0%

roughly (except 1v1, never got one unless I search only 1v1 or 1v1 and 2v2)

Try queuing for one only. Maybe it will help.

Unfortunately that may not make a difference overall, unless EVERYONE is queuing for only 1 mode.

From a personal perspective, I dont understand why someone would que for more than 1 game mode at a time. It doesnt really make sense, and I think its more likely its slowing the queuing for EVERYONE rather than speeding it up.
14 Oct 2013, 11:22 AM

If you just want a game and don't care which kind, checking all is a natural option.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★