Login

russian armor

25 pounder / bofors in small pit help

3 Jun 2019, 17:01 PM

I tried to create 25 pounder emplacement with the help of SneakEye guide by using british small pit, so I removed bofors from pit_small.abp as it was part of structure and appeared with howitzer. Editing 17 pounder gun entity was successful for 25 pounder howitzer, but I got problem with bofors. After emplacement's construction Bofors appeares somewhere in the middle of side sandbags.

Is there any rational way to place bofors entity into the centre of the pit?
3 Jun 2019, 18:42 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd recommend to create a new .abp file which only contains the pit. Then use that file for the new 25 pounder. The bofors will stay functional this way. The modding tools will give a warning that the custom blueprint cannot be found, but you can ignore that. It will build without any issues.

EDIT:
I think the bofors is moved out of the center due to impass 'cant_build' of the pit entity.
5 Jun 2019, 20:14 PM

I'd recommend to create a new .abp file which only contains the pit. Then use that file for the new 25 pounder. The bofors will stay functional this way. The modding tools will give a warning that the custom blueprint cannot be found, but you can ignore that. It will build without any issues.

EDIT:
I think the bofors is moved out of the center due to impass 'cant_build' of the pit entity.

I used new created file, but now infantry and vehicles can easily pass through emplacement... Can this be fixed somehow?

Also is there any way to fix icon position using large artillery pit?

6 Jun 2019, 17:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The ebps/impass_ext controls which entity type can pass through it. Set all values to True to block everything (in the gun). Don't set this in the pit, because it should let the gun 'pass' and that would cause other issues like what happend to the bofors.

The symbol height can be set in ebps/ui_ext/decorator_offset (in the pit). The value of 3.5 seems to put it in a normal height.
8 Jun 2019, 20:11 PM

The ebps/impass_ext controls which entity type can pass through it. Set all values to True to block everything (in the gun). Don't set this in the pit, because it should let the gun 'pass' and that would cause other issues like what happend to the bofors.

The symbol height can be set in ebps/ui_ext/decorator_offset (in the pit). The value of 3.5 seems to put it in a normal height.

Big thanks! Your answers helped me much.

I also got issues in making pak 43 and lefh 18 emplacements using 25 pounder guide. Are there constructive differenses between actions with british and other factions' guns\howitzers?
9 Jun 2019, 09:23 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You're welcome :)

The 25 pounder is slightly different, because it doesn't have movement_ext. The model stands still, but the gun_direction changes. The other teamweapons rotate by movement. Could you try to copy the movement_ext from the 17 pounder and observe what happens?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS