Login

russian armor

Pripyat Winter needs to be removed from 1v1

12 Oct 2013, 08:31 AM

4 munitions points means that germans will have 4 times the LMGs, 4 times the light arty strikes, 4 times the medkits, 4 times the railway arty, 4 times the strafes, and 4 times every muniiton ability with is infinitely better than any soviet abilities. what do we get? button? won't win you early game, PPSH's? they dont come early enough and you won't have a lack of munitions, and PPSH's are cheap as hell in a normal map! doctrinaire abilities?
SURE, if you can last that long to get something worth deploying! DP's? no point making guards because the gren spam that your opponent is abusing will just rifle grenade your guards, instantly killing +3 models, then proceeding to MG burst 1-hit-kill every other member of the weakened squad as the PRTS is tossed about when the old AT gun-assigned man dies.

the German player takes his 2 munitions points on his side of the map? every gren has his own LMG, instant german early/lategame domination. .

this map is also a winter map, another reason for it to be removed.

it is also completely and utterly German sided. if a soviet player gets south the German player can build a MG as its first unit, send him to their first munition point, and suppress every squad in 0.2 seconds that comes into sight range, winning the entire soviet resources trio until grens can back the MG up.

scout car with flamers? Hah, good luck, those germans are behind 600 panzerfausts.

The vech repair points make T34 ramming's invalid, AT nading invalid, if you damage a tank and hope to destroy it later? forget about it, soviet hit and run tactics (the effective ones that wins soviet players games in other maps) is utterly destroyed with the inclusion on vech repair points

PS: i veto this map every time, but sometimes when i restart my game the veto's reset and i forget to resign them. forcing me to play this joke of a map.
12 Oct 2013, 08:33 AM

Permanently Banned
yeah pretty good map for german if he go jaeger infatry commander :P
12 Oct 2013, 09:25 AM
Patrion 14

4 munitions points

This is my major issue with this map, then comes the 3 VPs next to eachother. Repairpoints I dont have much of a problem with, and neither wintermaps. But the sheer munispam just isnt any fun. This map is seriously dumbed down. Always veto it.

Edit: @OP Remove the map? Even if I dont like it, i would say no. Veto is just fine.

12 Oct 2013, 09:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Or you can just veto the map before you start searching 1v1 games?
Hux
12 Oct 2013, 11:15 AM
Patrion 14

I'd boycott the game all together! why not?

... I mean.. 4 MUNITIONS POINTS!...
12 Oct 2013, 11:29 AM

Or you can just veto the map before you start searching 1v1 games?

Yeah, but all the vetoes are used for Semois summer, Road to Kharkov, or Langres winter. :P

There's a really easy fix to all three maps mentioned, it starts with 'b'.

Back in topic, I feel it's generally a Soviet favored map, because the large size allows Soviets to fully exploit their mobility. Large open center allows SU85 to shell P4s, and conscripts everywhere just makes Germans unable to cohesively defend all resource points, especially both their munitions. The cutoffs on the riverbanks against right player is especially strong.

The only bad part is that it's way too campy late game, due to VPs.
12 Oct 2013, 12:14 PM

And why do you lose all 4 sectors to the Germans? I mean, you cold capture at least one.
12 Oct 2013, 13:37 PM

And why do you lose all 4 sectors to the Germans? I mean, you cold capture at least one.

^QFT

The map is huge, especially early on a concerted script spam push towards the center can force the germans off. The trick is to not commit your early squads piecemeal. On the other hand the germans have to concentrate their forces on one side of the map (aka also the top because of all the dumbo points there) and if a wave is defeated for whatever reason, they basically give up control of the map on the long retreat as the soviets have more mobile/independent units.

Common blizzards favor close range units like scripts/shocks with nades and help to negate the 1-2 MG42s that you will see. Mobile units like t34s and t70s will run around the map with a few scripts and cause problems as long as you watch out for a mine or two in the center vs a german player with a munition income.

Guess what the munition points benefit both sides, if you dont think the soviets will be calling in constant incendiary barrages or strafing runs youre being naive. Incendiary barrages will easily decrew or force off german support teams after the damage penalty applied to them a patch ago

This map while huge, blizzardrific and munition heavy is at least symmetrical balance wise as opposed to northern langreskaya which is blatantly a weaker cutoff than the south.
12 Oct 2013, 15:04 PM

4 times the mines! 4 times the hoora, 4 times the at nades. 4 times the molotovs.
12 Oct 2013, 15:19 PM

I don't like the map either but just use one of your map vetoes against the map if you dislike it that much. And 4 munitions points don't result in 4 times as high munitions income.
12 Oct 2013, 15:38 PM

This has been on permanent veto since the feature was added.
12 Oct 2013, 15:51 PM

What I don't like in this map is the fact that all VPs are close together. In old MG42 era this was a huge advantage for Germans. Not so sure about this now as this is the only map I have banned. Because of "the old times".
12 Oct 2013, 16:53 PM

What I don't like in this map is the fact that all VPs are close together. In old MG42 era this was a huge advantage for Germans. Not so sure about this now as this is the only map I have banned. Because of "the old times".

I dont think this map necessarily favors one or the other, but if I had to go with one id say soviets. The lack of buildings to camp in near key points is nice for once, but well micro'd scrips with molotovs/htd can go to town on this map, esp during blizzards. 120s, Zis, maybe an su76 (tho I havent seen one in a 1v1 in ages!) can clear out mg42s that are being tricky.

Su85s are still an issue in the middle but most people dont use those anymore
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 16
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak