Login

russian armor

Suggestion for German Mines

10 Oct 2013, 10:59 AM

I like anti infantry german mines (s feild), they are effective in area denial, but I think their high cost makes them hard to use. Since they are made in 4 sections why not give a second option of building 1 section at a time for an extra cost per section. Hence, 4 sections cost 80/4 = 20 per section. I suggest the 1 section build option cost 30 and keep the sign. That would help reduce spamming them.
10 Oct 2013, 12:52 PM

And here is my suggestion in practice. Notice how I cancelled the mine after finishing 1 section and got a 60 ammo refund.

I look forward for the opportunity to be able to build 1 section without having to go through this time consuming process even if that cost me more ammo.
10 Oct 2013, 20:21 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Agreed. I think it would be a great idea to have these mines spreadable so that if you want to make a massive field of them you can but if not you can make a small square. This would be great for protecting choke-points and flank routes. Furthermore by having them at around 20-30 munis they can be used more in the early game and just generally. Currently in 1v1s you rarely see anyone placing the 80 munition anti-infantry mines which is a shame =/.
10 Oct 2013, 20:38 PM

+1
This would bring some much needed variety to the early game.

30 Munitions seems a bit steep though.
Unless we get rid of the telltale signs that s-mines are in the area - in that case then a price tag of 30-35 would be appropriate.
10 Oct 2013, 20:39 PM

They are so effective, as shown in your video (20 munis for 5! men). I think it would be too strong, to be able to build them in the early for 30 munis. I agree on the idea though, I want single squares too, but maybe for 40-50 munis or make them a little less effective for 25 like good old CoH1 mines (without the AT capabilities).
10 Oct 2013, 20:45 PM

+1

In fact I was thinking about proposing exactly the same. Right now I hardly use German mines. The ability to build them one by one more fast is very welcome. Russian omni-purpose mines are still better.
10 Oct 2013, 21:06 PM

+100

Right now it's just way to big of a pain in the ass to build one square. Also, a good player usually doesn't have 80 muni floating around in the first minutes of the game.
10 Oct 2013, 21:13 PM
Patrion 14

+1 and a really good solution. Do agree with the 30 muni pricetag and if they remove the silly signs.
10 Oct 2013, 21:23 PM

A single s-mine square covers a pretty big area (almost the area of 3 soviet mines) so removing the sign will make the mine too effective. Plus the mine is made of many tiny mines, so unlike the soviet mine they can keep going off for a while.

Also if the s-mine single square is made too cheap it will be spam-able and mess up the balance of the game.

I like the mines current role in area denial, so the signs go with that role well. I just hope I can build them in single, but more costly, squares.
10 Oct 2013, 22:31 PM

I'm a primarily Soviet player, and even I want to see their mines be more useful.
11 Oct 2013, 02:02 AM

People have been suggesting this since beta but Relic has "other" priority on their "list."

+1 though.
11 Oct 2013, 03:11 AM

+1 seriously i don't want build 4 mines at same time and 80MU is hard to save up in early game
11 Oct 2013, 06:28 AM
11 Oct 2013, 07:04 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2013, 21:23 PMAbdul

Also if the s-mine single square is made too cheap it will be spam-able and mess up the balance of the game.

the russian mines are spam-able as well ^^

the suggestion 1 section build option cost 30 and keep the sign, is probably the best one :)
11 Oct 2013, 07:18 AM

the russian mines are spam-able as well ^^

the suggestion 1 section build option cost 30 and keep the sign, is probably the best one :)

I just finished a game against a soviet player that was spamming them. Throughout the game his mines took out no more than 1 or 2 of my soldiers. Against infantry they are not always as effective as the s mines.
12 Oct 2013, 03:50 AM

theres too much micro in building one patch of smines, it should be changed to building them in a chain like vcoh for 40 muni a pop and shouldnt be exploded by tanks. they should also have the warning signs. another suggestion would be that pios can build the signs without laying the mines for 10-50 mp or 10 muni without laying the mines to add a mind games element to the area denial
12 Oct 2013, 04:28 AM

theres too much micro in building one patch of smines, it should be changed to building them in a chain like vcoh for 40 muni a pop and shouldnt be exploded by tanks. they should also have the warning signs. another suggestion would be that pios can build the signs without laying the mines for 10-50 mp or 10 muni without laying the mines to add a mind games element to the area denial

cool idea, but I think this should be made as a commander ability, otherwise it will be spammed beyond reason.

I think tanks destroying s-mines is pretty fair, because tanks only come after 10-15 minutes of game play. That's plenty of time for s mines to do their damage.
12 Oct 2013, 04:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2013, 04:28 AMAbdul

cool idea, but I think this should be made as a commander ability, otherwise it will be spammed beyond reason.

I think tanks destroying s-mines is pretty fair, because tanks only come after 10-15 minutes of game play. That's plenty of time for s mines to do their damage.

The russian mine is spammed beyond reason currently and it can effect tanks and inf so my suggested inf only mine for a higher muni cost fits well. ost get an expensive anti inf mine at 40 muni and an expensive 60 muni anti tank mine, while the rus get a cheaper dual purpose mine for 30 muni.
12 Oct 2013, 05:30 AM

The russian mine is spammed beyond reason currently and it can effect tanks and inf so my suggested inf only mine for a higher muni cost fits well. ost get an expensive anti inf mine at 40 muni and an expensive 60 muni anti tank mine, while the rus get a cheaper dual purpose mine for 30 muni.

That's kind of intentional, just like in other aspects of the game, the Soviets have a cheaper but worse dual role mine, and Ost have 2 separate much better but also more expensive mines.

That being said, as long as you keep the sign I think it would be fine. If you remove the sign, you force the Soviet to get sweepers, and flamers on combat engis are key to several Soviet strats.
12 Oct 2013, 05:49 AM

That's kind of intentional, just like in other aspects of the game, the Soviets have a cheaper but worse dual role mine, and Ost have 2 separate much better but also more expensive mines.

That being said, as long as you keep the sign I think it would be fine. If you remove the sign, you force the Soviet to get sweepers, and flamers on combat engis are key to several Soviet strats.

Plus engineers in coh2 are expensive and more so for soviets (cost 240mp, reinforce 30mp), so its not feasible to make one engineer squad dedicated to revealing mines and tag it along with infantry just like was done in coh1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
Poland 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment