Login

russian armor

Technically impossible to view old replays?

10 Oct 2013, 01:10 AM

I'm just curious.

I went away for a month or so and there are definitely some replays I missed, and with another patch having taken effect, there's a whole 'nother swathe of replays I shan't be watching, unfortunately. And I may get back into casting some if there is any interest, but the viewership went way down and it's pretty time-consuming to do.

Does anyone know if there are any games that manage to achieve this? Just curious.

Interestingly, there are hardcore COH casters who have actually went through the bother of installing patches one by one to cast replays. Definitely check out this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/AECoH?feature=watch. I am astounded he's gone through the trouble of doing some of these for Youtube and he hasn't gotten nearly the views he deserves for doing so. I certainly got a kick out of watching a few of these and watching the meta and skill of players evolve, many are way before my time as a player.

12 Oct 2013, 17:58 PM
12 Oct 2013, 19:29 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Starcraft II allows you to watch older replays from older versions. CoH 2 doesn't, obviously, and the CoH 2 replay version switcher only works on replays from older patches with no gameplay changes. Unless you've got an offline backup of earlier versions of CoH 2 before Steam updated it, those old replays are lost to time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment