Login

russian armor

October 8th Changelog

9 Oct 2013, 13:25 PM
Benefactor 360

october changelog as in it has been aplied?

The changelog says
Updates October 9th, 2013
. The patch is in 8 hours and 35 minutes, of whenever the servers come back up after maintenance.
9 Oct 2013, 13:58 PM
Donator 11

no today, check COH2 in game menu countdown at the top of screen
9 Oct 2013, 14:38 PM

Ostruppen Rifle

• Damage from 16 to 8
• Accuracy near from 38% to 47%
• Accuracy far from 19% to 24%

Looks like a reasonable nerf to the Ostruppen coupled with the capping change. Looks like it's still not going to fix them on building maps, trenches are still hugely problematic and I still don't like the design of the Ostheer faction having a T0 spammable unit that messes up all Soviet builds except conscript spam but it's a good start. That is all theory of course, and they could be better now.

The Scout Car and ZiS fixes are nice. The LMG/G-43 adjustments look OK. The AT gun and T-70 changes look like the right idea. The Assault Gren change is a lot more elegant than the current solution and looks like it'll play better. Overall looks like a decent patch, though it doesn't really address the key problems with the worst cheese strategies of the previous one.

Edit: oh, and Ladder Decay be good.
9 Oct 2013, 16:23 PM

Ostruppen Rifle

• Damage from 16 to 8
• Accuracy near from 38% to 47%
• Accuracy far from 19% to 24%

Looks like a reasonable nerf to the Ostruppen coupled with the capping change. Looks like it's still not going to fix them on building maps, trenches are still hugely problematic and I still don't like the design of the Ostheer faction having a T0 spammable unit that messes up all Soviet builds except conscript spam but it's a good start. That is all theory of course, and they could be better now.

It is a buff to Osttruppen in houses, trenches and big cover areas (e.g. long stone walls or fences). To Osttruppen which do not receive their accuracy bonus (on the move, occasional soldier standing in the open) it is nerf, yes. But if anything, trench warfare got better with this.
1 of 4 Relic postsRelic 9 Oct 2013, 16:29 PM
Developer Relic Badge

if you look at the official notes, you will see the ostroopen rifle has had no changes applied to it.
9 Oct 2013, 16:51 PM
Benefactor 360

if you look at the official notes, you will see the ostroopen rifle has had no changes applied to it.

Indeed. So the only change is .5 capping speed?
Seems like I can put this away.
9 Oct 2013, 17:01 PM

As someone who has tried both lots of inf and lots of armour, I've found that of the two things needed it's DPS for weapons upgrading (serious, firefights go on for aaages) and not making AT even more effective.

If you see an AT gun it can take your *incoming exaggeration* tank out in 2 seconds whilst your Grens need about 5 minutes to kill the team and disable it.

About the only part of the game that makes realism sense at the moment is that a AT gun can rip a tank to shreds and a sniper can kill someone. Otherwise everything feels weak. I'm not sure how many bullets a soldier can take from a MG, but I'm positive it's not as many as they currently do.

It's like the A-Team out there. Vehicles blow up if you cough on them, and two squads can be six inches apart (in real terms) and fight for hours.
2 of 4 Relic postsRelic 9 Oct 2013, 18:33 PM

Later today.

Normally we don't release the patch notes so soon, because it just leads to a day worth of people yelling about math without being able to play the changes, but since we were doing the balance cast yesterday we made them available so you could read along.
9 Oct 2013, 19:16 PM

Can someeone xplain to me exactly what the zis bug fix is?

what is reinforcement actions ? Is it a doctrinal ability or just regular reinforce?

and lastly do the zis bulletins apply also to the call in light at gun?
9 Oct 2013, 19:40 PM

what is reinforcement actions ? Is it a doctrinal ability or just regular reinforce?

1. Since last patch the zis barrage only fired 3 shots instead of the usual 6.
2. Sorry don't know
3. No, none of the new units have any bulletins yet.
9 Oct 2013, 20:38 PM

like omega said, the barrage was firing the incorrect number of shots.

reinforcement is just the regular reinforce. the soviet AT guns werent getting the 50% discount other units do. it should cost 360/6=60/2=30 mp to reinforce 1 man. i think it cost the full 60 mp last patch (or 33 for the 45mm).

pretty sure omega is wrong on this one, assault grens do benefit from grenadier bulletins. i think pqumsieh said this is because they share the same unit type.

EDIT: the zis and 45mm do not actually share the same unit type, so they dont share bulletins. endeav figured this out and demanded i give him credit.
9 Oct 2013, 20:55 PM

:'(
9 Oct 2013, 21:06 PM

Glad to se an increase in reliability for the AT-guns. Its badly needed and should make for more diverse and interesting play.

I still kind of wonder why such changes comes so late. I would have thought that there were a lot of lessons learned from vCOH.
9 Oct 2013, 22:55 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Why delete the recent 4v4 winter map?
3 of 4 Relic postsRelic 9 Oct 2013, 23:02 PM

Why delete the recent 4v4 winter map?

Map list got reset due to server changes. It's been fixed.
9 Oct 2013, 23:05 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2013, 23:02 PMNoun

Map list got reset due to server changes. It's been fixed.

Your usual efficient self! Thanks,Noun! :)
10 Oct 2013, 04:55 AM
Patrion 310

Looks like a reasonable nerf to the Ostruppen coupled with the capping change. Looks like it's still not going to fix them on building maps, trenches are still hugely problematic and I still don't like the design of the Ostheer faction having a T0 spammable unit that messes up all Soviet builds except conscript spam but it's a good start.

This tier-0 spam with ostruppen and conscript still need a nerf to make combined arms more viable than spam. Relic should buff soviet T1/T2 so they dont have to spam T0 so much.

Best way to make a consistent change to both factions early game imho:
1) Decrease building time for soviet T1/T2 tech buildings
2) Increase call-in cooldown for ostruppen
3) Increase building time for conscript so they have to build T1/T2 early
4) Give Penals the ability upgrading to PTRS-41 for a munition cost so tier1 dont need Guards in the early game. Penals are not viable atm because they have no AT. Give them PTRS-41 and they would have great synergy with cons merge ability.
10 Oct 2013, 05:22 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2013, 23:02 PMNoun

Map list got reset due to server changes.

And so it begin - Again [dun-dun dun duuuun]
10 Oct 2013, 05:37 AM

And so it begin - Again [dun-dun dun duuuun]

Sounds like vcoh :P
10 Oct 2013, 06:14 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2013, 18:33 PMNoun
...it just leads to a day worth of people yelling about math without being able to play the changes

Impossibru! There's no way anyone in this community would engage in something like that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★