Login

russian armor

Weekly challenge #1

8 Oct 2013, 01:30 AM

Soldiers win battles, engineers win wars.

in spirit of the old forgotten and shortly lived weekend challenges, i bring you a new version, weekly challenges. this week challenges is about engineering, buildings mines and barb wire, use them to win battles and engagements, and make your engineers do something besides capping and fixing tanks.

what i want from you!

anything from tips, tricks, screenshots, short videos and replays involving good use of player built structures and mines. the point is to fill this tread with as much content as possible, it can be simple, for this ideas are for new and veteran players alike.

you can give general examples or map specific ones. i will be waiting for your subbmisions

Bnepea!

a small guide on how to link replays
Code
http://www.coh2.org/replays/XXXX/ABCDE.
[replay]XXXX[/replay]
8 Oct 2013, 01:32 AM
Donator 11

I stopped doing it when I created Weekly Challenge #4 and didn't even get 1 reply on it lol.

but I'm down.
8 Oct 2013, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Oct 2013, 01:32 AMZ3r07
I stopped doing it when I created Weekly Challenge #4 and didn't even get 1 reply on it lol.

but I'm down.

i think it was because it was restricted to replays. in here i hope for tips tricks and even screenshots widening the spectrum of material that can be submited. for my first aditions i will upload 2 screenshots.

sandbags are like honey to those german bees, there is a way to turn that honey into a deathtrap, and it only cost 30 munitions

in this case, its a specific place in misnk poket, a good mgnest in this place guards both entrances to the point and leaves you a secured flanking path against infantry. put a mine on the enemy side to sweeten the deal.

and a small trick a lesson i learned the hard way:

never build mines near barb-wire if an engineer comes with a kit to cut it he also have the gear to detect the mine. you will end up loosing both.
8 Oct 2013, 02:48 AM

A couple of Soviet things I've found help on the horrible North Langreskaya Winter start with T1 -> T4.

1) stick a mine just above the hedge by your cut-off... a lot of Ostheer players get tempted to try and flank your sniper with a scout car from that direction and.

2) wiring shut the fence on the far side of the central VP both A) stops an MG moving up direct from the centre to your cut-off because they can't vault and B) extends the retreat path for German infantry giving snipers a better chance at squad kills. Your own squads can just vault the fence when they're moving out over it.

Still unlikely to win the map if your opponent knows what they're doing but it does make it harder for them to put the killer pin on.
8 Oct 2013, 19:16 PM

A couple of Soviet things I've found help on the horrible North Langreskaya Winter start with T1 -> T4.

1) stick a mine just above the hedge by your cut-off... a lot of Ostheer players get tempted to try and flank your sniper with a scout car from that direction and.

2) wiring shut the fence on the far side of the central VP both A) stops an MG moving up direct from the centre to your cut-off because they can't vault and B) extends the retreat path for German infantry giving snipers a better chance at squad kills. Your own squads can just vault the fence when they're moving out over it.

Still unlikely to win the map if your opponent knows what they're doing but it does make it harder for them to put the killer pin on.

yes! I may try these tactics and uncheck langres on my veto-maps when playing as russians!

I find sandbags and mines are more important for russains than germans. Especially in the first 5 mins of the game.
9 Oct 2013, 19:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I really only play 3v3 and 4v4

But I find it helpful and reassuring in the mid game, when I might have munitions to spare before the aircraft come out, to place mines over my own teams rear area, especially on flanks and at key road junctions.

It won't stop anything major, but anything on a solo raid will find itself with problems, especially if it gets engine damage

A major assault will either be forced to slow down and stay together, giving you time to react, or split up and give you a shot at defeating them in detail.

9 Oct 2013, 21:19 PM

sandbags are like honey to those german bees, there is a way to turn that honey into a deathtrap, and it only cost 30 munitions

That's hilarious, I need to do that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Russian Federation 94
unknown 55
United States 18
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W