Option Distribution Votes
62%
21%
17%
Total votes: 89
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Apr 2019, 19:52 PM

Permanently Banned
I just wanna see some opinions on the new maps. I'm personally against new maps since creating good maps is easier said than done. I hear many complaints about Deutz and Ladoga is probably the best new map but the nighttime setting is very annoying.
23 Apr 2019, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned
I think angoville got fked up with all the hedgerows that were added. I'd already said to add yellow cover shrubbery beside the hedgerows to allow ambushing. Right now a lot of the small piece of hedgerows are useless, and they're supposed to be used for ambush but aren't long enough to properly hide troops and don't have yellow cover stuff to induce clumping up behind the hedgerows. Sturmpanther already said a few months ago, he'd look into it, but it still hasn't been changed. Angoville is an auto veto for Ostheer. It's difficult to use any support weapons on the formerly open side and now impossible on the urban side.
ddd
23 Apr 2019, 23:00 PM

Keep nexus, remove nighttime or snowstorm from ladoga, remove deutz.
24 Apr 2019, 12:11 PM

How the hell is nighttime setting annoying? The maplist desperately needed that for too long.
This comunity sometimes...:facepalm::loco:
Maybe you mean the visibility, perhaps slighty more brightness would be cool, but the nighttime creates wonderful atmosphere
FPS killer is a whole another issue, though

As for its design, I´m really impressed. Ammoes and fuels and cut offs are not surrounded by OP buildings with 6 windows and while the cut offs are strong, at least there are two of them.
It´s quite simplistic, but also dynamic, flanking friendly and doesnt seem to have glaring balance issues, at least not at first sight. The mid VP buildings have sight blockers around them, GJ with that.
As for comparisons, it feels like improved crossroads to me.

Nexus seems quite great so far and has the potential to become a both competitive and very fun casual map, with a bit more convoluted design than Lagoda

Deutz is the controversial and problematic one here.
One thing that needs change one way or another are the inconsistencies with elevation in the middle. Sometimes it blocks small arms fire, sometimes it does not.
Also the mid seems to draw way too much attention, and seems too dominant. A couple more pathways that go from base towards the flanks, but not over the middle would make it more fun.

24 Apr 2019, 12:37 PM

Deutz could do with a few non-urgent bugfixes to stop AT guns firing into the base. I say non-urgent because it's not an optimal strategy: it did just fine in several SMC tournaments.

It's an urban map though, so it's going to be unpopular.

Lagoda's solid.

Nexus I'd like to see decluttered: there are so many objects that the map's hard to read. On most maps, you take one look at the screen and know where the cover is: on Nexus you've got to mouse around for it.

Ideally, Nexus also needs the limited lines of fire on its houses enforced in a non-destructible manner. It's UKF heaven at the moment, and not in a good way.
24 Apr 2019, 12:44 PM

Ladoga is the best map on the rotation atm. For people complaining about fps drops, I’m playing on a garbage pc that barely fits minimum specifications and on minimum settings, yet I get 60fps in Ladoga. Turn off your crappy anti viruses and the microsoft processes that hog all your cpu, clear up ssd space and THEN maybe complain. Windows 10 is unfortunately filled with garbage that clutters cpu space. Simply open task manager and see what’s running alongside coh2.
24 Apr 2019, 19:59 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

I agree Nexus needs changes, in fact, any map that is newly introduced to ladder will need changes for sure as the amount of data you get from hundreds or thousands of games and being able to spectate games constantly cant compare very often to independent testing. That is the nature of the beast.

And thanks for the feedback, I have been spectating a lot of games an are tweaking the map already. If people could point out the specific areas where they think the brits have "sim city" advantages I would like to know. Please post Nexus feedback here, cheers all <444>3
26 Apr 2019, 04:36 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

How the hell is nighttime setting annoying? The maplist desperately needed that for too long.
This comunity sometimes...:facepalm::loco:
Maybe you mean the visibility, perhaps slighty more brightness would be cool, but the nighttime creates wonderful atmosphere
FPS killer is a whole another issue, though

As for its design, I´m really impressed. Ammoes and fuels and cut offs are not surrounded by OP buildings with 6 windows and while the cut offs are strong, at least there are two of them.
It´s quite simplistic, but also dynamic, flanking friendly and doesnt seem to have glaring balance issues, at least not at first sight. The mid VP buildings have sight blockers around them, GJ with that.
As for comparisons, it feels like improved crossroads to me.

Nexus seems quite great so far and has the potential to become a both competitive and very fun casual map, with a bit more convoluted design than Lagoda

Deutz is the controversial and problematic one here.
One thing that needs change one way or another are the inconsistencies with elevation in the middle. Sometimes it blocks small arms fire, sometimes it does not.
Also the mid seems to draw way too much attention, and seems too dominant. A couple more pathways that go from base towards the flanks, but not over the middle would make it more fun.

Ladoga Changes

Deutz Changes

I would like to clarify though. Small arms fire is NEVER blocked in this game. The animation is just that, an animation. The tracers ect; are not indicative of the shot landing, even though there are visuals for them. It is purely visual and instead it is based on the RNG of all the factors we know. On the other hand, this is true for projectiles (at guns, tanks, indirect fire, ect; ), so it can be problematic, but with the current height inclination most of the fighting should happen along the height differences instead of across, the only time it should be across is when someone is pulling a LARGE flank, and this will make it a bit more dangerous to all in an opponents back line. Overall, I knew, and Relic, knew that this would be a polarizing map, but with its performance in SMC and the generally "positive" reception of it, decided to give it ago. In that thread linked above I go over why the changes have happened that did happen (so far) and what the shortcomings of the map were. Sadly the only way to get full feedback is introducing maps to automatch... even though this map has seen close to 140 games played on it in a tournament setting, there will always be issues overlooked.
26 Apr 2019, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2019, 04:36 AMTric

Ladoga Changes

Deutz Changes

I would like to clarify though. Small arms fire is NEVER blocked in this game. The animation is just that, an animation. The tracers ect; are not indicative of the shot landing, even though there are visuals for them. It is purely visual and instead it is based on the RNG of all the factors we know. On the other hand, this is true for projectiles (at guns, tanks, indirect fire, ect; ), so it can be problematic, but with the current height inclination most of the fighting should happen along the height differences instead of across, the only time it should be across is when someone is pulling a LARGE flank, and this will make it a bit more dangerous to all in an opponents back line. Overall, I knew, and Relic, knew that this would be a polarizing map, but with its performance in SMC and the generally "positive" reception of it, decided to give it ago. In that thread linked above I go over why the changes have happened that did happen (so far) and what the shortcomings of the map were. Sadly the only way to get full feedback is introducing maps to automatch... even though this map has seen close to 140 games played on it in a tournament setting, there will always be issues overlooked.

Cool fun fact
Although what I mean by blockin the small arms fire was, that the squad wouldnt shoot at all in spite of havin the enemy in it´s LOS and when ordered to attack, it tried to move closer to the enemy.
26 Apr 2019, 13:12 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Cool fun fact
Although what I mean by blockin the small arms fire was, that the squad wouldnt shoot at all in spite of havin the enemy in it´s LOS and when ordered to attack, it tried to move closer to the enemy.

Ah, I see. There are two sections of cobblestone wall by the munitions that are LoS blockers, it is a mechanic that is never used, but the squad up on the "bridge" can see down over the wall where as the other units cannot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★