Login

russian armor

Weapons Animation for Dodge,Halftracks and Bren Carrier

Dar
1 May 2019, 22:00 PM

Ah such a shame. Unfortunately, there is an even bigger issue with those vehicles. The new abp files, for instance halftrack_dshk.abp containing the DShK on an M5, will loose their hitboxes.

They become thin air to anti tank projectiles and even panzerfausts. Any way to work around that?
2 May 2019, 00:35 AM
Modmaker Badge

@Dar Thank you for the extra data.
About the crew animation, yes this happens to me too and sadly I could not find a solution for that too.
But this is only for the dodge, hopefuly the Bren Carrier has a better crew system and works perfectly ok.
Sadly tools have some limitations.

Other thing thats happens to me is the UI selection circle is broken for the Bren Carrier and I correct that using an "alternate_sua" like in vanilla Dodge. This bring me back the selection circle.

<string name="alternate_sua" value="armies\soviet\vehicles\t70m_light_tank\t70m_light_tank" />

Regards
Olhausen

EDITEd OLHAUSEN: I dont understand correctly your last problem. Could you explain better ?
Dar
2 May 2019, 15:37 PM

Okay, here's the issue in detail:

I cloned the M5 halftrack abp and named the new one "halftrack_dshk.abp" and replaced the 50cal with the DshK.

Then I assigned the new .abp to my new halftrack entity and spawned it ingame.

Now when enemy anti tank guns, tank guns or even snares such as the Panzerfaust shoot the halftrack, they can't hit it, even with the target size increased to 1000 in the health_ext. The halftrack has no collision to projectiles.

I remember a similar issue when cloning object abps such a bunkers. The new abp will have no physical collision ingame and soldiers can simply walk through it.

So, the new vehicles, utilizing cloned abps, become ghosts that can only be damaged by AOE damage or stray bullets, but not by targeted projectiles.
2 May 2019, 16:06 PM
Modmaker Badge

Dam, that is really bad. I played a few games in my mod with the bren carrier and dodge and didnt notice that. Probably because those things dies pretty fast. I will check it deeply today.

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks
Dar
2 May 2019, 17:07 PM

Okay, update on the situation: Giving the vehicles the original vanilla blueprint as "alternate_sua", just like you did to get the selection boxes back, solved the problem for me.

Additionally, I also set "precise_size" to 1,5 but idk if that had anything to do with the issue.
6 May 2019, 22:19 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You want to make sure the "alternate_sua" is set to the original path of the vehicle, so it can get the normal collision and model data. That should fix that bug you were talking about.
14 Jun 2020, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 16:59 PMDar
Sorry for the double comment, but can someone confirm this problem:

When cloning the WC-51 abp to create a new one sporting the DShK, the marker extension will stop working, most likely because there is no corresponding .mua or .muax or wherever the markers are stored anymore.

That means units in the vehicle's hold will not longer be shown.

So if I would want my mod to have a WC-51 with a DShK for the Russians and one with an M2 Browning for the Americans, I would have to decide on one to have a funcioning hold.

Or is there a way to fix this?

Damn it. :(

I'm about 90% way through adding .30cal and DShK variants and then got to this. I'm not sure that a WC51 that can't garrison is that much use, sadly.
15 Jun 2020, 18:26 PM

Also, if I may, just a shout out to SneakEye for being so helpful throughout this thread and many others. I'm a pretty old hand at modding Relic games but I've certainly learnt a lot from you (and indeed eliw00d) and I just wanted to say thank you for all the effort you've put into answering queries and writing modding guides.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★