Login

russian armor

Map rotation

7 Oct 2013, 07:34 AM

First of all, I tried to find if there were already threads about this matter, but atleast I couldn't find. So if there were, then I can continue the discussion at the original thread.

I would like to know your opinions about map rotation in CoH2. It seems that it's somehow broken or then we have some really random luck with my friend depending on the day.

It seems that the map rotation doesn't work correctly. Actually there's an easy way to proof that I would post the numbers of times played per map. But right now I'm not in a place where I can do that so you have to just take my word. :)

Anyway I have noticed that the most common maps seems to be something around Moscow Outskirts, Rzhev or Pripyat (generally). And it seems that it really depends on the day. On average day if I / we with my friends play around 4 matches, sometimes we get same map 3 times and some other map only one time. And also the most highest maps on the map listing we rarely get. I've played a little more than 100 games and I have played 2-5 times Langreskaya e.g. It doesn't make any sense. I rarely choose veto's to maps and when I do, it might be snow maps if I'm playing with my 2nd computer which doesn't have that good performance. So I'm trying to avoid Blizzard maps.

Anyone else have noticed something like this? Could Relic maybe comment on this?
7 Oct 2013, 07:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2013, 07:34 AMFlamee
First of all, I tried to find if there were already threads about this matter, but atleast I couldn't find. So if there were, then I can continue the discussion at the original thread.

I would like to know your opinions about map rotation in CoH2. It seems that it's somehow broken or then we have some really random luck with my friend depending on the day.

It seems that the map rotation doesn't work correctly. Actually there's an easy way to proof that I would post the numbers of times played per map. But right now I'm not in a place where I can do that so you have to just take my word. :)

Anyway I have noticed that the most common maps seems to be something around Moscow Outskirts, Rzhev or Pripyat (generally). And it seems that it really depends on the day. On average day if I / we with my friends play around 4 matches, sometimes we get same map 3 times and some other map only one time. And also the most highest maps on the map listing we rarely get. I've played a little more than 100 games and I have played 2-5 times Langreskaya e.g. It doesn't make any sense. I rarely choose veto's to maps and when I do, it might be snow maps if I'm playing with my 2nd computer which doesn't have that good performance. So I'm trying to avoid Blizzard maps.

Anyone else have noticed something like this? Could Relic maybe comment on this?

I've played 300 games and have yet to play on Langreska either version. :/
7 Oct 2013, 09:01 AM

idk about map rotations, but they need to have the same number of vetos as winter maps
7 Oct 2013, 09:30 AM

I have to agree with the OP that it sometimes FEELS like there's a bias. I.e. I frequently see that one map sort of glues to the day, dominating the games I play by about 3/4.

However, from a statistical point of view I have to say that it isn't significant to prove anything.

First of all, atm we have no idea how many players we are pooled with in a search. Secondly, if there aren't many and some have vetoed a certain map, there's a good chance you won't see it played on that day. Thirdly, the number of maps isn't that big - at least not for 2v2+. So getting the same map 3 times in a row isn't that unlikely. Especially not in 3v3+.
7 Oct 2013, 10:27 AM

I have to agree with the OP that it sometimes FEELS like there's a bias. I.e. I frequently see that one map sort of glues to the day, dominating the games I play by about 3/4.

However, from a statistical point of view I have to say that it isn't significant to prove anything.

First of all, atm we have no idea how many players we are pooled with in a search. Secondly, if there aren't many and some have vetoed a certain map, there's a good chance you won't see it played on that day. Thirdly, the number of maps isn't that big - at least not for 2v2+. So getting the same map 3 times in a row isn't that unlikely. Especially not in 3v3+.

Yes sure. That is true. However it seems really unlikely (at least checking the comments about the map threads here in these forums) that many players would veto e.g. some of the top summer maps from the list. And of course it can be that we have a bad luck that someone who found the game few seconds before us had better chance in the map rotation but still, it seems that there's something fishy there. When I'm playing with my primary computer I don't usually even use my all vetos since I would really have some variety on the maps but still those three maps appear more than often.
7 Oct 2013, 11:05 AM
Patrion 14

About langreskaya I am quite confident they stated in a cast or whatnot that Langreskaya will not be featured in 2v2 automatch. Sure it shows in the list, but you wont get it in 2v2s.
7 Oct 2013, 14:11 PM

About langreskaya I am quite confident they stated in a cast or whatnot that Langreskaya will not be featured in 2v2 automatch. Sure it shows in the list, but you wont get it in 2v2s.

Well this would make sense but may I ask why? It can't be because of the size? Or why then the new map is also for two players, that's really small and intense map.
7 Oct 2013, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2013, 14:11 PMFlamee

Well this would make sense but may I ask why? It can't be because of the size? Or why then the new map is also for two players, that's really small and intense map.

probably because langreskaya has more open fields compared to 'Road to Karkhov'. RtK has alot of blocked Line of Sights from hedges, buildings, walls, haystacks, etc.

That being said, I feel RtK shouldn't be a 2v2 map either, as its too small to make a comeback if you are down on map control (because of the brutal cutoffs).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★